30/0
    Mentioned
    14 times
    Time Online
    4d 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m

+ rep for simple hw help

Taking a core class of Musicology, i need two paragraphs for the following questions. Please do not copy from the internet, my TA will know. I believe these are simple questions which you can answer based on your own experiences and opinion. One paragraph for each and i'll plus rep. Only giving two people reps so just make sure your answers are good.

What is the role of community in an individual’s life? Give some thought to the various sorts of communities that are a part of your life. How does participation help create feelings of community? How can music help create or reinforce the feeling of community?

How does the commodification of music affect its production? What are possible positive and negative effects of the correlation between money and music?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    18d 16h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Quote Originally Posted by naruto View Post
    How does the commodification of music affect its production? What are possible positive and negative effects of the correlation between money and music?
    Alrighty, I'm afraid I don't have the texts I assume you've had to read so perhaps you'll have more to add to this. I'm answering the second question since I had more concise thoughts about the answer, haha. I was a bit formal with my approach to answering it, though - hope it's not so stiff compared to your own writing that it makes your TA suspicious.

"With the rapid advancement of audio technologies and the prevalence of easily accessible media
    comes increasingly heightened expectations of music. Especially noteworthy is the effect such improvements have on the music industry in terms of financial sustainability.
    Within just a few decades we have almost completely discarded the need for physical copies of music in favor of digitized MP3 files; as such, there is less need for artists to focus on production costs, and in fact also less of a need for record labels as middlemen when it comes to media distribution. This potentially results in cheaper costs for the consumer. However, such ease of distribution is a double-edged sword - piracy abounds,
    and artists may find that illegally circulating copies of their music inhibits the profitability of their work. This has led to an interesting
    phenomenon in which some artists no longer charge money for their music - rather, they posit that only those who
    enjoy what they hear need pay for it. Though such a reliance on the goodwill of their audience is daunting, it
    also potentially increases the aesthetic standards to which other musicians must adhere to to succeed, as only the most talented
    artists would theoretically profit from such a practice. In short, this encourages musical artists to strive to
    produce better music and serves to enrich our musical culture overall.
    "

You asked for one paragraph but you might be able to separate mine into two starting from where I begin to talk about how some artists charge on a pay-if-you-liked-it basis. Sorry if the format's weird, I typed it out in a notepad doc so you'll also need to reformat it if you're going to paste it into Microsoft Word.Good luck with the assignment~
    Last edited by Daenery; 05-01-2013 at 02:28 AM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    14 times
    Time Online
    4d 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    @(you need an account to see links)

yea it's a bit formal but i can still use pieces of it for my question. There is no reading for this, its up to the readers experiences. Thanks for the effort, i'll plus rep ya.

Now i just need someone to answer the first.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    59/0
    Mentioned
    115 times
    Time Online
    14d 9h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    I hope this helps, I'm actually using my own experiences in this. Some might be said true for yourself. I hope this helps though. Good luck with your project.

Communities always are created by experiences of people, gathering and it was originally created as a sense of protection which is what many of us today think of communities. They are places where we can send our children out to play, allow them to explore as well as for individuals to grow as individuals and become one with the other members of the community. With one's experiences it can also impact how the community reacts. An example would be war Veterans; many who know of the story of a family whose husband or wife had to serve and when they are coming home, many show their appreciation and gather around to not just congratulate but to show that they are honored.

However there isn't just the one community. In the United States alone there are thousands. In my town there is the local YMCA, Big brothers and Big sisters to help children who are in need and keep them out of trouble; it is showing that there is something out in the world better and more exciting than what they have currently and having them want it. There's also the LGBT community that gathers and spreads awareness. But what I've stated are the big time communities. There are things in my town that are small but make a huge impact: feeding the homeless at the shelter, giving food to the Salvation army or donating to the red Cross for those who have been devastated by Natural Disasters or by home. There's also the Safe houses for the Abused.

By participating in any of these communities, one gains a sense of humble feelings towards these people. I for one, once a week volunteer my time at the Soup Kitchen and help feed the homeless men, women and children. I speak to them after they've eaten, ask them if they have a warm place to sleep and I listen to their stories. It humbles me as a person who is fortunate enough to have a warm bed, warm food to eat, clean clothes and products to keep clean when these people cannot. Music is a reflection of the soul; some can be haunting images that we can see others are soulful and even some warm our hearts. Music can bring a community closer by invoking those emotions as human beings. It binds us and I personally believe sparks something deep within us to do something good for the community.
    Last edited by Jager; 05-01-2013 at 01:34 PM.
    I find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy,
    the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world.
    J A G E R

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    18d 16h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Quote Originally Posted by naruto View Post
    @(you need an account to see links)

yea it's a bit formal but i can still use pieces of it for my question. There is no reading for this, its up to the readers experiences. Thanks for the effort, i'll plus rep ya.

Now i just need someone to answer the first.
    Haha sorry, I usually write that way for research papers cause my teachers seem to be okay with it. Glad I could help.