Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: +rep for just confirming if i'm right in a science problem

  1. #1


    Mint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Gender
    Location
    [23/07/2014 10:57:41 AM] Ryan: i just want drake to get married
    Posts
    2,651
    Thanks
    4,135
    Thanked 2,484 Times in 1,235 Posts


    Downloads
    30
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    1134 Post(s)
    Time Online
    194 d 21 h 53 m
    Avg. Time Online
    2 h 34 m
    Rep Power
    10
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: Z-E-P-H-Y-R-__

    +rep for just confirming if i'm right in a science problem

    +rep for correcting me pls lol

    What is the current in an electric stove element that creates 150J of heat at 240V over a 5 minute period?

    G: 150J (E), 240V (V), and 5m (300s) (t)

    R: Using the equation for current, I=Q/T, I know that I have the variable t, which is 300s, but not the others.
    However, I can rearrange the equation of V=E/Q to Q=E/V to figure out my variable Q, my last variable needed to find the current (I)

    A/S: Q=150/250
    = 0.625C

    I=0.625/300
    = 2.083x10^-03

    S: Therefore the current is 2.083x10^03.






    The number does not look right at all but can someone tell if I'm doing anything wrong?
    Last edited by Mint; 04-29-2013 at 07:47 PM.

  2. #2
    Lord Darigan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Gender
    Location
    Darigan Citadel
    Posts
    151
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 154 Times in 53 Posts


    Downloads
    10
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Time Online
    4 d 18 h 50 m
    Avg. Time Online
    4 m
    Rep Power
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Mint View Post
    +rep for correcting me pls lol

    What is the current in an electric stove element that creates 150J of heat at 240V over a 5 minute period?

    G: 150J (E), 240V (V), and 5m (300s) (t)

    R: Using the equation for current, I=Q/T, I know that I have the variable t, which is 300s, but not the others.
    However, I can rearrange the equation of V=E/Q to Q=E/V to figure out my variable Q, my last variable needed to find the current (I)

    A/S: Q=150/250
    = 0.625C

    I=0.625/300
    = 2.083x10^-03

    S: Therefore the current is 2.083x10^03.






    The number does not look right at all but can someone tell if I'm doing anything wrong?
    Is this physics? I came here to take a look and immediately hated my life because of what I was reading. I'm in physics in hs right now and I hate it. I'll attempt to look at it anyways

  3. #3


    Mint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Gender
    Location
    [23/07/2014 10:57:41 AM] Ryan: i just want drake to get married
    Posts
    2,651
    Thanks
    4,135
    Thanked 2,484 Times in 1,235 Posts


    Downloads
    30
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    1134 Post(s)
    Time Online
    194 d 21 h 53 m
    Avg. Time Online
    2 h 34 m
    Rep Power
    10
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: Z-E-P-H-Y-R-__
    Quote Originally Posted by SoonToRuleNeopia View Post
    Is this physics? I came here to take a look and immediately hated my life because of what I was reading. I'm in physics in hs right now and I hate it. I'll attempt to look at it anyways
    Ummmmmmmmm I think, LOL, I'm literally just skating by this unit with no idea what's going on, so I think so-- haaaaaaaahaaaa

    Im sorry

  4. #4
    Lord Darigan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Gender
    Location
    Darigan Citadel
    Posts
    151
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 154 Times in 53 Posts


    Downloads
    10
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Time Online
    4 d 18 h 50 m
    Avg. Time Online
    4 m
    Rep Power
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Mint View Post
    Ummmmmmmmm I think, LOL, I'm literally just skating by this unit with no idea what's going on, so I think so-- haaaaaaaahaaaa

    Im sorry
    http://ca.answers.yahoo.com/question...3070818AAfroFM

    theres a yahoo answers for the problem if that helps haha

  5. #5


    Mint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Gender
    Location
    [23/07/2014 10:57:41 AM] Ryan: i just want drake to get married
    Posts
    2,651
    Thanks
    4,135
    Thanked 2,484 Times in 1,235 Posts


    Downloads
    30
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    1134 Post(s)
    Time Online
    194 d 21 h 53 m
    Avg. Time Online
    2 h 34 m
    Rep Power
    10
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: Z-E-P-H-Y-R-__
    Quote Originally Posted by SoonToRuleNeopia View Post
    http://ca.answers.yahoo.com/question...3070818AAfroFM

    theres a yahoo answers for the problem if that helps haha

    Holy fuck those questions are exactly mine OMG


    Well, helpful nontheless, so rep for ya

  6. #6
    Lord Darigan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Gender
    Location
    Darigan Citadel
    Posts
    151
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 154 Times in 53 Posts


    Downloads
    10
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Time Online
    4 d 18 h 50 m
    Avg. Time Online
    4 m
    Rep Power
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Mint View Post
    Holy fuck those questions are exactly mine OMG


    Well, helpful nontheless, so rep for ya
    haha sweet! When it comes to science questions usually if you google the exact question there are answer online in some fashion. Sometimes they're in pdf form and a whole homework lesson is written out!

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Lord Darigan For This Useful Post:

    Mint (04-29-2013)

  8. #7


    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Gender
    Posts
    85
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 14 Times in 12 Posts


    Downloads
    25
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Time Online
    2 d 17 h 18 m
    Avg. Time Online
    2 m
    Rep Power
    5
    yea you are correct. This seems like physics 1 questions which used to be a problem at first for me. However, once you pass physics 3 (magnetism and elctromagnetics) this is really simple.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to naruto For This Useful Post:

    Mint (04-29-2013)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •