Thread: How much should I spend on a new BD set?

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    64 times
    Time Online
    9d 8h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m

How much should I spend on a new BD set?

Now that it seems we're all fighting again (or something), I don't have anything to actually fight with, of course XD

But is it worth it to put a lot of NP into? Like, around how much would you recommend me spending on BD equipment?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    5d 11h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    i think it first of all depends on the stats of your pets ~

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    64 times
    Time Online
    9d 8h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    I haven't yet, but I'm looking to buy a BD pet anywhere 500 to 1k HSD in the next day or so. The only pets I have at the moment are for show (beauty contest, petpage lookup, NC etc).

PS - Anyone have any VWN BD pets for sale? Heh. ^^

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1,368 times
    Time Online
    131d 12h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    We don't know the extent of the upcoming 3-way with those factions, but it was strongly hinted by TNT in the recent editorial that it wouldn't be a major plot event and that the big things were done away with (with the prize shop).

That being said, if TNT does decide to do a 180, a strong pet would be nice to have. Regarding HSD totals, it's best to have a pet >250 HP and >250 STR. DEF is negligible unless you're intending to be a BD regular, or want to keep the pet for the long run. Having a high level to match would also be good, so you can learn some of the better Faerie abilities.

That being said, an even statted pet is better for re-sale, either here, or onsite. Buyers don't really like lopside statted pets (except during war plots).

Good BD sets are broken down into 3 tiers: ~500k cap, ~4m cap, and ~50m cap.
    (there's also a 150m-2b tier, but I won't go into that, )

If you're not looking to stick with BD once the war is over, I'd say a ~500k cap set should suffice, especially if you're going to have a 1k HSD pet (or 250HP+250STR).

If ~4m is in your range and you don't mind losing a few hundred k once this *plot* ends (from war deflation), then by all means. It's obviously better than a ~500k set and will make things easier, but won't be bounds better.

The ~50m set is overkill and intended for BD regulars, or if you own a really weak pet and need to compensate (but still not a viable combo overall).

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod For This Useful Post:

Leah (04-30-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    26/0
    Mentioned
    23 times
    Time Online
    5d 17h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    What equipment would you recommend for the 500k set?

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    64 times
    Time Online
    9d 8h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Thanks! That was extremely helpful. @(you need an account to see links), if I put together a (roughly) 4m set and post it here, would you give your helpful advice on if it's a decent one/changes I should make?

I'm hoping to continue with BD at least a bit, for the trophies and avatars. I wonder when there'll be another war after this one... Probably not for quite a bit, hey?

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1,368 times
    Time Online
    131d 12h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    Quote Originally Posted by WeepingAngel View Post
    Thanks! That was extremely helpful. @(you need an account to see links), if I put together a (roughly) 4m set and post it here, would you give your helpful advice on if it's a decent one/changes I should make?

I'm hoping to continue with BD at least a bit, for the trophies and avatars. I wonder when there'll be another war after this one... Probably not for quite a bit, hey?
    Sure thing. Don't go on buying yet unless you get a killer deal or you know it's ETS though.

I concur with your thought; the next war will probably be in ~2 years, looking at the past.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    12/0
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    1d 22h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I would say that it depends on your stats and the amount of np you have. Buying exorbitantly priced BD weapons is no use with a weak pet, but then again, weapons still matter. I would say, if you have the np, go for it! I would go for probably 500,000 to 3 million.