Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone have any experience with care.com?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    49/0
    Mentioned
    56 times
    Time Online
    5d 23h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m

Does anyone have any experience with care.com?

I'm in need of some money and since I don't have anything to sell on neopets or craigslist I figured I'd try babysitting.

So I was wondering if anyone has tried this site out and their experience from it?
    Or if anyone has an idea on how to make a quick buck?

Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    29 times
    Time Online
    15d 22h 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    I haven't, but I'd also suggest looking through your local craigslist incase someone needs a baby or pet sitter

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Spitfire For This Useful Post:

victoriamle (04-28-2013)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    44/1
    Mentioned
    562 times
    Time Online
    118d 6h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    No idea about baby sitting personally , but if you are into graphics try digitalpoint forums for freelance work .

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    49/0
    Mentioned
    56 times
    Time Online
    5d 23h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by raredaredevil View Post
    No idea about baby sitting personally , but if you are into graphics try digitalpoint forums for freelance work .
    I wish I was good with that stuff haha
    Thanks though ^_^

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    369 times
    Time Online
    68d 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    23m
    I used care.com when I moved here. Got a few babysitting gigs. The only thing I hate about it isn't really the sites fault. The parents only want to pay $5 per hour per child, however they demand you be CPR certified, first aid classes, and cook/clean. But the kicker, if their kid were choking, they'd have zero fucking clue what to do and their baby would die. I figure if they want someone with all that crap, they're paying me the $15 per hour my talents demand. Child care isn't cheap but parents are. The website is good. The assholes on it are not. Maybe you'll have a different experience, I hated it.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lilac Tentacles For This Useful Post:

John (04-28-2013),oventoast (04-28-2013),Toasted (04-28-2013),victoriamle (04-28-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    54 times
    Time Online
    3d 23h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by cupcakeninja View Post
    I used care.com when I moved here. Got a few babysitting gigs. The only thing I hate about it isn't really the sites fault. The parents only want to pay $5 per hour per child, however they demand you be CPR certified, first aid classes, and cook/clean. But the kicker, if their kid were choking, they'd have zero fucking clue what to do and their baby would die. I figure if they want someone with all that crap, they're paying me the $15 per hour my talents demand. Child care isn't cheap but parents are. The website is good. The assholes on it are not. Maybe you'll have a different experience, I hated it.
    Exactly what she said.

When my daughter was a few months old I checked it out, I wanted sit for another baby near her age but the expectations were a little much. You've got the moms that want you to clean, feed them, take them to swimming, teach them on a age appropriate curriculum, etc. All for a measly pay. Yea.. 40-50 hours a week for $2 an hour plus doing a ton of shit. It's hard to find a good gig on there. To me it's only worth it if you have children and need petty cash to stay with your kids also.

OOOOAAARRGGHH!!

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Meagan For This Useful Post:

Lilac Tentacles (04-28-2013),oventoast (04-28-2013),victoriamle (04-28-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1,368 times
    Time Online
    131d 12h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    I used to care.com when I moved here.
    Fixed.

---

cupcakeninja,
    @(you need an account to see links),

Damnit, it's not about the money, it's about CARING,
    and loving kids! (no pedo)

You don't need earthly money corrupting your lives,
    you just need love to survive. LOVE.

LOVE will pay the bills, LOVE puts food on the table, LOVE makes cancer go away.

Never forget:

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mod For This Useful Post:

Meagan (04-28-2013),Toasted (04-28-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    369 times
    Time Online
    68d 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    23m
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod View Post
    Fixed.

---

cupcakeninja,
    @(you need an account to see links),

Damnit, it's not about the money, it's about CARING,
    and loving kids! (no pedo)

You don't need earthly money corrupting your lives,
    you just need love to survive. LOVE.

LOVE will pay the bills, LOVE puts food on the table, LOVE makes cancer go away.

Never forget:

Unfortunately love doesn't pay the insurance on my jaguar.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1,368 times
    Time Online
    131d 12h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    Unfortunately love doesn't pay the insurance on my jaguar.
    You don't need a Jag; it's just another corruption brought on by society and money.

You just need a wheelbarrow, replacing the 2 legs with 2 wheels. It's how people got around back in the day.
    No insurance, no fuss.

-And if you need to maintain speed on the freeway, hook up a couple turbos in sequential setup to a V12 engine on your wheelbarrow.
    -'course you'll want control, so you don't get into another unfortunate accident. Probably should clamp some Brembo brake pads onto your 3 wheels for maximum stoppage at 200 mph.
    -Hell, might as well put in a 5 inch exhaust to increase power output and install an ECU with proper tuning calibration to maximize wheelbarrow performance.
    -Maybe put in a swing axel on your front wheel for turning capability, attached to a Momo steering wheel.
    -Since you're pushing out some serious pony on your wheelbarrow, it'd only make sense to put in a dual-clutch transmission, possibly a 7 speed Getrag.

Jaguar, lol.
    All you need is a wheelbarrow.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    369 times
    Time Online
    68d 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    23m
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod View Post
    You don't need a Jag; it's just another corruption brought on by society and money.

You just need a wheelbarrow, replacing the 2 legs with 2 wheels. It's how people got around back in the day.
    No insurance, no fuss.

-And if you need to maintain speed on the freeway, hook up a couple turbos in sequential setup to a V12 engine on your wheelbarrow.
    -'course you'll want control, so you don't get into another unfortunate accident. Probably should clamp some Brembo brake pads onto your 3 wheels for maximum stoppage at 200 mph.
    -Hell, might as well put in a 5 inch exhaust to increase power output and install an ECU with proper tuning calibration to maximize wheelbarrow performance.
    -Maybe put in a swing axel on your front wheel for turning capability, attached to a Momo steering wheel.
    -Since you're pushing out some serious pony on your wheelbarrow, it'd only make sense to put in a dual-clutch transmission, possibly a 7 speed Getrag.

Jaguar, lol.
    All you need is a wheelbarrow.
    I'll stick with my Jag. Thanks.