11/0
    Mentioned
    64 times
    Time Online
    9d 8h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m

Do any of you watch Doctor Who?

Obviously, I do, as per my username and siggy, lol.

BUT
    If you do, what do you think of the new season so far?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    18d 16h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    I love Doctor Who! Well, most of the reboot, at least. I've become a little disillusioned with the series after hearing about some of Steven Moffat's PR blunders (he's kind of a huge ass) so I haven't watched the newest season with Clara, lol. But there's no doubt that he's a very talented writer. I preferred Davies' seasons more, though Moffat did write some great eps, like Blink, while Davies was lead writer. David Tennant was a phenomenal Doctor.

Actually... I sort of wish Eccleston had stayed around for an extra season, he doesn't get enough credit for being the first shouldered with the responsibility of fleshing out the character after...20+ years? That was a pretty big responsibility.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    73/0
    Mentioned
    51 times
    Time Online
    1d 8h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I love Dr Who, I think Tennant however has been the best doctor so far but I do love matt smith and clara.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    461 times
    Time Online
    69d 14h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    24m
    I watch Dr Who it's basically my religion.

Honestly to this date I am a bit disappointed in Clara. I hope she gets in the way a little bit more in the next episodes because right now I just feel that she doesn't add anything to the series. For example Amy, Donna, Martha and Rose were all very clever and played important parts in every episodes but Clara's actually not doing a lot...

In the last episodes she mostly followed Matt Smith and in the end she took the Tardis and saved him but apart from that she wasn't really 'into it'.

I look forward to see what they'll bring with her though because she is indeed a mystery and I hope she'll get a little more space in the future.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    338/0
    Mentioned
    233 times
    Time Online
    86d 10h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    29m
    I call myself a whovian. So I assume it's safe to say I'm an addict. lol I keep every episode (new and old) on hard drives backed up twice. and on my computer.

As for the new season, I feel the episodes are going by to quickly. I'm not a big fan of the writing, moffat is losing it. Clara could be a great companion if they'd get a decent story teller in there.
    Last edited by Zeus; 04-23-2013 at 05:16 PM.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    64 times
    Time Online
    9d 8h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    I personally like Moffat as a writer, even though he's responsible for some serious heartbreak on my part. I do enjoy both Davies and Moffat as their writing styles are very similar yet also quite different. Davies wrote Doomsday, which is probably my favorite episode, but he also wrote the two parter with the Master and I did not like it at all.

I wish Eccleston stayed too! I don't have a favorite doctor but I really did enjoy him, especially since that's where Rose came into play and she will forever be my favorite companion. (Sarah Jane is a close second, though.)

---------- Post added at 05:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:32 PM ----------

I'm unsure about Clara, but my boyfriend loves her already. I think it will take me a couple more episodes to really get into her character, it's how I was with Amy and Rory and I ended up absolutely loving them. I'm pleased how independent she seems in comparison to Martha, where she was in love with the Doctor and wasn't really her own person. It was like she was trying to fill a void and didn't care that the Doctor didn't love her, as long as she was able to travel with him. (In her own rights, though, she was a splendid companion.)

The last episode I was really pleased with. Quite funny, and Clara ended up helping the Doctor more than I thought she'd be able to. But I agree, the pacing needs to be a little bit different.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    155 times
    Time Online
    104d 23h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    36m
    Squee omg Doctor Who. <3
    Matt Smith annoyed the fuck out of me when I first saw him. Not gonna lie. But I missed Tennant I think. I was like in love with him. But Smith is really growing on me now. I like him. He's quirky. I kind of like Clara. I'm curious as to where it's going to go with her. I like her more than Donna. Donna never really grew on me that much as a companion.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    22/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    1d 12h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Of course, YES!

Doctor Who is fantastic, magnificent. I've stopped at the 07x05, when angels invade Manhattan.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    1h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I like Doctor Who a lot- Eccleston and Tennant are my favorite and I love their seasons, nevertheless, I don't enjoy Moffat's writing as much as I would like to I mean I've seen season 5 & 6 but to be honest I'm not very motivated to see the latest season :/

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    64 times
    Time Online
    9d 8h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Quote Originally Posted by khazclraik View Post
    I like Doctor Who a lot- Eccleston and Tennant are my favorite and I love their seasons, nevertheless, I don't enjoy Moffat's writing as much as I would like to I mean I've seen season 5 & 6 but to be honest I'm not very motivated to see the latest season :/
    To be honest I was concerned too, but this season shaped up, especially the season finale. It was so emotional for me - made me cry! Matt Smith is actually a fantastic actor, and he really proves it in the last season.

Can't wait for the 50th anniversary!!