169/0
    Mentioned
    273 times
    Time Online
    56d 5h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m

General Guide on Buying and Staying Safe

This guide will be split up into sections, information may be added if I forget to mention something. No links will be provided to cache yourself, but if you ask around CK someone will provide the service to you for free -- if I am on I can do it for you.

If you would like to add to the guide post here or PM me and I will update it.

DISCLAIMER:
    This guide will not work on neopoints, items or pets that were stolen off an account in which the previous owner came back (after a hiatus or w/e) and reclaims their account, unless they took a very long time to reclaim it; meaning that the neopoints have been sitting for a long time on another account.

This guide will not work on neopoints, items or pets that were gotten by suicide buying and then the owner getting frozen several days or a week later -- You will most likely be frozen also.

This guide will work on neopoints, items or pets that were taken off an account in which the previous owner has already reclaimed their account but the neopoints, items or pets were not taken off the shell they were sitting on.

This guide will work on neopoints, items or pets that were gotten by suicide buying that the owner then transferred over to another account which did not get frozen along with the buyer.
    END OF DISCLAIMER

PETS:

Buying pets can be scary for most of us who have never bought pets before and even scarier to those of us who have bought them only to have them frozen days, weeks or months later.

General rules of buying a pet.

1. Try to buy off of someone trusted by the community. There is nothing worse than getting an active UC, BD, or your dreamy just to have it frozen hours or even days later along with your precious account.

2. Cache. Cache is very important. Google crawls all web pages except those excluded in the robots.txt. Depending on the frequency of visitors to that specific web page it could be updated daily, weekly, or monthly. You can manually cache a web page by changing words, graphics or just updates in general to that page. Also visitor count counts, hold down the f5 key for a couple of minutes on that page. Usually within a couple of days it will update.

2b. You can force a cache update but try to get someone who knows what they are doing with this because there is more than just one page that needs to be updated, usually the account that it came from and other pages mentioning that pet need to be updated also.

3. How was the pet received? Was the pet UFA or UFQA before given to you? Was the pet well known; did the account that the uc came off of still have lots of active friends? These are all questions that should be asked before purchasing a neopet. If the pet was UFA or UFQA when you bought it you can go directly on the boards with it and try to up trade, do not go on the boards just to brag that you have a UC pet now. If the pet was not UFA or UFQA before you bought it you need to wait for it to cache, refer to 2. and 2b., then you can try to up trade it or w/e you want to do with it on the boards. If anyone asks where you got it from you can ignore them or you can make up a story -- Make sure the story is good.

NEOPOINTS:

General Rule of Buying Neopoints.

1. Try to buy off of someone trusted by the community. Same as above, refer to 1. under the Pets section.

2. There are ways to pass neopet alarms while trading neopoints. I can't go into too much detail about this but any trust worthy seller will know how to by-pass the alarms. This means that the only way you will get frozen buying neopoints off these people is if you mess up.

3. Illegit or Legit, Does it really matter? In the end it does not really matter as long as they are secured, you can see this by looking at the rule of $2 per mil legit and illegit neopoints are sold at the same rate.

4. If you are buying neopoints and storing them on a shell account, to make sure they are safe, make sure the account is over 1 week old. I am not positive if this matters but I always stick to this rule just in case.

ITEMS:

First off I have not dealt a lot with items, I am sure there are much more qualified people to do this section than me. However, the items I have sold have never gotten anyone frozen to my knowledge; if they have they never told me.

1. Try to buy off of someone trusted by the community. Same as above, refer to 1. under the Pets section.

2. Always gift the item. This brings less attention to the item. Could you imagine if someone put a SUAP on the TP with no description and it was gone a couple of seconds/minutes later? It would make me wonder, that is for sure -- even if someone was just lending it. I do this even for items that are on the TP frequently like a Baby Paint Brush.

3. Illegit or Legit, Does it really matter? This is the same as above, refer to 3. under the Neopoints section.

4. If you are buying items and storing them on a shell account, to make sure they are safe, make sure the account is over 1 week old. I am not positive if this matters but I always stick to this rule just in case.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to zxzero For This Useful Post:

Amparo (09-10-2015),AriaLily (02-24-2024),BlueFox (07-11-2015),Dot (02-12-2015),Lindsay (11-10-2014),pinkpain (02-07-2019),Slybele (06-27-2014),trailerfish (08-05-2014)