32/0
    Mentioned
    87 times
    Time Online
    42d 17h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m

Paypal help?

About two months ago, one of my e-cheques bounced and my balance was left in the negatives for about a month or so.

Before this, all the e-cheques (i.e. payments from bank account) I sent were instantly sent. Now it takes about 8-9 days to "clear" them because I live in Canada. Is there anyway I can fix this? I've tried adding a credit card but it STILL won't let me make instant payments from my bank account unless I put the CC as first priority. It's really a pain in the ass...

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    18d 16h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Quote Originally Posted by oventoast View Post
    About two months ago, one of my e-cheques bounced and my balance was left in the negatives for about a month or so.

Before this, all the e-cheques (i.e. payments from bank account) I sent were instantly sent. Now it takes about 8-9 days to "clear" them because I live in Canada. Is there anyway I can fix this? I've tried adding a credit card but it STILL won't let me make instant payments from my bank account unless I put the CC as first priority. It's really a pain in the ass...
    Judging from what I'm reading it seems e-cheques in general just aren't trusted much by sellers. I don't know if it applies but apparently some people can even opt to automatically reject e-cheque payments, like on Ebay, for instance. Same applies to some banks which will reject as well, while others might accept. It might explain why your e-cheques sometimes go through and sometimes don't, if you're sending money to different places. I'm no expert so I can't be too sure, though. :x Hope you're able to get things to work out.

As a side note, have you linked your actual bank account to Paypal? I know you've linked your credit card but your account doesn't get verified till you link your bank account. I thought I was verified too at first but you actually have to give them your checking account + routing number, they'll send two small deposits of money and you input those amounts back on their site to verify that its your account. Then you'll be able to send money directly from it, I think. You should be able to even if it's a Canadian bank account, I googled "How do I confirm my Canadian bank account? - PayPal" and it's answered right on their site. They have pictures illustrating which numbers they need on their site while you're applying to link your bank account, too.

When you register your Canadian bank account, PayPal makes two small deposits to your bank account, each for an amount between .01 CAD and .99 CAD.

These deposits should post to your bank account within 2-3 business days. To find the amounts of the deposits, you can look at your online account statement or contact your bank's customer service department.

When you know the amounts of the deposits, log in to your PayPal account and click the Confirm Bank Account link on your Account Overview page to enter the amounts.
    Last edited by Daenery; 04-21-2013 at 12:26 AM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    32/0
    Mentioned
    87 times
    Time Online
    42d 17h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Regarding the first part - yes, I'm aware. I know that 99% of online venders dont take e-cheques and if I trade on clraik me and the person usually wait for the cheque to clear. Even if they 100% trusted me, the wait is really REALLY annoying.

I linked/verified my paypal reluctantly almost a year ago. I also added and verified a CC on it. I was able to send instant payments from my bank account because of this. They'd send the payment instantly and then just charge my bank account 8 days later. Then, I tried sending a large sum of money at a time and the bank bounced the e-cheque and paypal took it out of my balance, leaving me with a negative balance.

I left it alone for a month, then I deposited money into my PP to pay off the negative balance, took 8 days as per usual (it always takes that long to deposit).

But now, it no longer lets me pay instantly like it once did - probably because of that negative amount I hit? Ive tried removing/adding the credit card but it still either ignores my bank account as a payment option or it uses it but makes me wait a clearance period. The CC used to work as backup but it doesnt anymore. I'll try adding a prepaid CC and see if it does the same thing with a CC it doesn't recognize.

Thanks for your help though! +rep Obviously the best solution is to finally ditch paypal (who is making interest by holding my money) and just deal strictly with WU.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    18d 16h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Quote Originally Posted by oventoast View Post
    Regarding the first part - yes, I'm aware. I know that 99% of online venders dont take e-cheques and if I trade on clraik me and the person usually wait for the cheque to clear. Even if they 100% trusted me, the wait is really REALLY annoying.

I linked/verified my paypal reluctantly almost a year ago. I also added and verified a CC on it. I was able to send instant payments from my bank account because of this. They'd send the payment instantly and then just charge my bank account 8 days later. Then, I tried sending a large sum of money at a time and the bank bounced the e-cheque and paypal took it out of my balance, leaving me with a negative balance.

I left it alone for a month, then I deposited money into my PP to pay off the negative balance, took 8 days as per usual (it always takes that long to deposit).

But now, it no longer lets me pay instantly like it once did - probably because of that negative amount I hit? Ive tried removing/adding the credit card but it still either ignores my bank account as a payment option or it uses it but makes me wait a clearance period. The CC used to work as backup but it doesnt anymore. I'll try adding a prepaid CC and see if it does the same thing with a CC it doesn't recognize.

Thanks for your help though! +rep Obviously the best solution is to finally ditch paypal (who is making interest by holding my money) and just deal strictly with WU.
    Ahh, I haven't used my Paypal to buy very frequently, had no idea they could be this troublesome. :c It does sound like it's mostly a problem on their end, especially since you're already verified...sorry I couldn't help more!