41/0
    Mentioned
    165 times
    Time Online
    8d 11h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m

How am I gonna do this?

I have been a smoker since I was end 12, early 13, which quickly made me a full on addict.
    When I was 17 I started smoking weed and hasj (with the exception of one time before, a joint when I was 16, that at the first time instantly gave me a bad trip lol), and pretty much from the early stage in that I started smoking every day and back then in every schoolbreak too.
    I am now 21, will turn 22 in a few months ... And I want to stop both. Smoking if I can forever, smoking weed at least 3 months to get it out of my system good one time and to aid with stopping smoking ('Dutch joints' are usually rolled with tabacco).

My problem is I don't know how I'm gonna do this. What I should tell myself to keep going once I start, or actually stop. Thinking of dirty lungs won't really help, because the voice of two merged addictions is a bit stronger then that while it's still fully active. I would love some advice that would pull me through the first and hardest days. I know the last time I didn't smoke for 17+ hours (flying from Dubai to Australia), I almost passed out when I lighted a cigarette and I regret not having stopped back there and then, but well ... Maybe now I'm starting to really want to quit it, I can figure something out to ignore the voices.

I will rep everyone, create a party and write 'clraik.com OWNS ME on my ass' with a pic for you guysngals, if I manage to succeed with a little bit of help.
    I'm planning on trying this from tomorrow on, as I will have nothing left to smoke and don't want to buy tabacco after tonight.
    Oh please let someone have the golden tip ...

Edit: I have no money to spend guys. My family can barely get groceries around and their smokes (everyone at home smokes), so I can't get fancy things to help me.
    Last edited by Mouse; 04-17-2013 at 04:52 AM.

A sad, crude, twisted little girl.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    3d 23h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I know someone who's in a similar situation. Have you tried nicotine gum? I know people who've chewed it with decent results. Also... how are you doing money wise? Maybe try to quit smoking, but continue doing weed? Or vice versa? I don't find weed addictive personally, but it really takes you out of it... Maybe it would be a good distraction?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    41/0
    Mentioned
    165 times
    Time Online
    8d 11h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellyfishxd View Post
    I know someone who's in a similar situation. Have you tried nicotine gum? I know people who've chewed it with decent results. Also... how are you doing money wise? Maybe try to quit smoking, but continue doing weed? Or vice versa? I don't find weed addictive personally, but it really takes you out of it... Maybe it would be a good distraction?
    I have no money for anything. I'm a broke ass poor bitch with no job.
    And no, the nicotine chewing gum just makes me want to light a cigarette, I tried that a couple of years ago.
    And I am addicted to weed, I can tell you that. ... if I can't smoke weed I usually can't sleep or keep my brain calm and there hasn't been a day that I haven't smoked in at least a year and a half.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    129/0
    Mentioned
    355 times
    Time Online
    89d 14h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    30m
    E-cigarettes. They don't contain any biproducts of burning which you'd inhale with a regular cigarette, they don't make you smell either. They can be expensive, though, but pay off rather quick, depending on how much you smoke every day. Definitely give them a try.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    41/0
    Mentioned
    165 times
    Time Online
    8d 11h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by SmileYaDead View Post
    E-cigarettes. They don't contain any biproducts of burning which you'd inhale with a regular cigarette, they don't make you smell either. They can be expensive, though, but pay off rather quick, depending on how much you smoke every day. Definitely give them a try.
    I can't babe, no money.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    129/0
    Mentioned
    355 times
    Time Online
    89d 14h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    30m
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    I can't babe, no money.
    How do you find money for regular cigarettes and weed?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    41/0
    Mentioned
    165 times
    Time Online
    8d 11h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by SmileYaDead View Post
    How do you find money for regular cigarettes and weed?
    My dad grows his own plants. We live in NL, you're allowed to grow 5 plants the natural way.
    And tabacco I usually get from my dad or by helping my grandma with groceries, stuff like that.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    86/0
    Mentioned
    464 times
    Time Online
    70d 14h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    24m
    Cold turkey or keep smoking.

I vote keep smoking.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    41/0
    Mentioned
    165 times
    Time Online
    8d 11h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by Federation View Post
    Cold turkey or keep smoking.

I vote keep smoking.
    I know it will be cold turkey. Just wondering if anyone has experience and/or advice how to deal with that.
    And no, I have my reasons to really try this time. Which I rather not share because I'll be at stake to be ridiculed.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    48 times
    Time Online
    35d 14h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    You say you wanna try this from tomorrow on. Don't. Start right now.

That's my view on things at least. I've never been addicted so I can't know obviously, but I do have a lot of experience with postponing things and it's almost never good.

Other than that: try and find a hobby. Yeah, sounds harsh, but I'm sure it would help if you had something you could really focus on other than smoking. I find sporting helps. Jogging is a lot of fun, it really is.

You're Dutch too, right? If you wanna talk to someone, feel free.
    Either way, good luck! It's great that you made the decision to want to stop.