DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    435d 9h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    I kinda changed my view of this dumb ass after I read about some of his other songs.

(you need an account to see links)
    (you need an account to see links)

This song as a whole is absolutely ridiculous and not any better or different than gangman style.
    At least gangman style was more original that this new song.
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    8d 8h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Are you saying those lyrics changed your views on the band?
    Psy didn't even write the lyrics, and considering American troops killed two Korean girls very recently when they performed the song, I don't blame him for feeling the way he did.
    The war in Iraq is fucking stupid and he had every right to voice his opinion on it, and I applaud him for it. Wishing death on the troops' families was too far, yeah, but again he didn't write the lyrics himself and was probably extremely worked up about the children that were killed to really be in a good frame of mind.

Not to mention it happened 9 years ago, and he had the guts to publicly apologize for it.
    I really don't see the big deal, but I'm strongly against the war to begin with so perhaps I'm biased.
    Think of all the Americans who say shit like that about people in the Middle East every single day..

Anyways, those articles definitely didn't make me hate the band anymore and perhaps struck my first bit of respect for them. Like one of the article's quoted a comment that I definitely agree with, "As an American, this makes me like Psy even more. Glad to see he has the balls to call out America when we are doing evil."

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    435d 9h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    It's not that he had the guts to apologize for it lol
    He did that so people wouldn't think less of him.

And yeah, I am saying that changed my view on the "band".

That's a little intense imo.
    I don't really care if he didn't write the lyrics, obviously he agreed or wanted to take them on and make them his own. So that is pretty much besides the point.

"The war in Iraq is fucking stupid and he had every right to voice his opinion on it, and I applaud him for it."
    It really didn't affect him considering he is Korean. Maybe he should focus all the energy into making his own area a better place.. For example all the shit that his neighboring N Korea does AND doesn't do for their citizens.

I have no sympathy or respect for him. He is just an entertainer who is trying to do anything he has to to try and get on peoples good sides. I'd never pay for any of his songs though, that's for sure
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

4. The Following User Says Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

Cody. (04-18-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    8d 8h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    I suppose that could be the reason why he did it, yeah. I'm not into them too much, like I said in an earlier post I just find their videos funny and songs occasionally catchy. So, not being a fan I really can't guess what his motive may have been. It's likely it was so people wouldn't hate him haha, but who knows, maybe he was being sincere?
    I have to agree that those lyrics are definitely too much, but I can understand. I get really pissed off when I hear about children being hurt or killed from pointless stuff as well, like the war in Iraq. Two young Korean girls were killed very recently before that performance by American Troops so I have to say, I can personally see where he's coming from when he agreed to do that performance. Honestly, I probably would have too, especially if I was as ignorant as he (likely) was about it.

But yeah, I have no sympathy for him as well, but a small hint of respect. I respect almost anyone who can voice their honest opinion, as long as it's somewhat justifiable and as I explained earlier, I feel it was. Those deaths were pointless and if it was two local girls from where I live, I'd probably be just as pissed.
    I will say that if it wasn't for those deaths though, I wouldn't see any justification. Those are extremely harsh words ._.
    I can't say I'd pay for any of his songs either lol I don't really see the talent. The only thing I really find catchy is the music itself, not the lyrics, and it's just electronic music nothing special haha.