Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Is the theft of virtual goods or purchase of stolen virtual goods illegal?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    86 times
    Time Online
    33d 21h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    Quote Originally Posted by Kylae View Post
    You are overthinking this way too hard.
    haha i know i am, i generally over analyze things, just trying to cover my bases

---------- Post added at 07:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mod View Post
    What Kylae said.

99% of us are not filling it in; it's negligible, it's a game.

It's not a job, you're not putting in any personal info or having it submitted to an employment agency.
    You're not running an official business approved by a state department.

You're selling small things out of nothing (or your own, already-taxed money) from your home.
    It's like a yard sale, do you declare the $5 you sold your TV for?
    thats a wonderful example, well thats all the questions i think i can ever imagine in regards to this topic so thank you everyone for posting and helping to clear my over analyzing thoughts haha

Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    733 times
    Time Online
    158d 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    56m
    Well, on my opinion stealing it's illegal but on the sites where it happends. But it's a catch: let's put on example Neopets.

Okay, if you steal on Neopets you have consecuences in the site, which is the obvious thing to happends.
    When you steal on a bank account you have real life consecuences becouse it's real money involved...

But nobody counts that on Neopets, people use real money. And for example, if I hack an account and steal their NC items, that would be similar to steal real money from them... but anyway, that only has consecuences on Neopets and no police will go after me to chase me.

You know? it's a little stupid. But the true is that the value of virtual goods is not a thing (at least in most of countries), they are not real things and cheatinh and hacking on virtual games isn't against law... but I really think that with time passing, this goods will have a real life value when the society understands the importance of virtual items that were gotten with real money.