16/0
    Mentioned
    467 times
    Time Online
    29d 9h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m

R.I.P Chi Cheng, You Will Be Greatly Missed. </3

"I know that you will always remember him as a giant of a man on stage with a heart for every one of you," Mom J wrote.
    "He fought the good fight. You stood by him sending love daily. He knew that he was very loved and never alone."

Cheng suffered major injuries and was left in a coma following a November 2008 car crash in Santa Clara, Calif.
    He was driving with his sister when they collided with another car, sending his vehicle to roll out of control.

In the years since the crash, Cheng has been making slow but steady improvements in his recovery, according to Billboard.com.
    In 2009, it was reported that he was no longer in a coma but in a semi-conscious state.
    A year later, doctors said he was "showing signs of improved neuro function" and more recently he regained limited ability to move his legs on command.

My heart has been mourning this loss for the past 2 days.
    Steve (my husband) and I met at a Deftones concert back in 2009 and as our marriage dwindles,
    this band and their beautiful songs have kept us together.

Chi was (in MY opinion) the best bassist for his time, and will always be in my soul as such.
    Chi has kept Deftones together for years now since his accident since things haven't been easy for the band since.
    His condition alone has kept them together as a family-- showing us how much love can do to people.

After years of fighting, he rests now; loved and remembered as one of the best.

OneLoveForChi

Last edited by Toasted; 04-15-2013 at 08:33 PM.