27/0
    Mentioned
    1,190 times
    Time Online
    162d 23h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    58m

Why do people always piss me off when I'm happy

So basically, I have been saving up for about 2 or 3 years so I could go visit Japan with my sister and mom, and now that we have set this up for next June, people are all telling me like: Oh, with the tensions between North Korea, South Korea and USA, you might get stuck in Japan or you might not be able to go there anyway. It sure will be dangerous for you, I wouldn't suggest you going.

Seriously guys, what are the channces for me getting stuck there or even die because of a nuclear bomb, please tell me.
    Last edited by Cath; 04-10-2013 at 04:55 PM.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    228/0
    Mentioned
    394 times
    Time Online
    71d 6h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    24m
    is because they are jealous

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to metaldroga For This Useful Post:

Ana (04-10-2013),Cath (04-10-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    1,190 times
    Time Online
    162d 23h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    58m
    I'm sure they are, they are actually pretty informed by the asian culture and stuff and they seem to love it. So maybe that's why they were trying to hold me back from going there.

I'm just like, anything can always happen. Even if we aren't prepared for it. But really? They told me I should just cancel it and go in a few years. wow

Thanks
    DL/UL
    86/0
    Mentioned
    464 times
    Time Online
    70d 14h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    24m
    Quote Originally Posted by katzes View Post
    So basically, I have been saving up for about 2 or 3 years so I could go visit Japan with my sister and mom, and now that we have set this up for next June, people are all telling me like: Oh, with the tensions between North Korea, South Korea and USA, you might get stuck in Japan or you might not be able to go there anyway. It sure will be dangerous for you, I wouldn't suggest you going.

Seriously guys, what are the channces for me getting stuck there or even die because of a nuclear bomb, please tell me.
    My co-worker literally just got back from a week long trip to Japan for his anniversary with his wife. No problems. Haters gonna hate. <3

6. The Following User Says Thank You to wrath For This Useful Post:

Cath (04-10-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    24 times
    Time Online
    18d 20h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    i doubt anything is going to happen over there because it would be suicide for north korea to attack anybody given how small the country is.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    1,190 times
    Time Online
    162d 23h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    58m
    Quote Originally Posted by Federation View Post
    My co-worker literally just got back from a week long trip to Japan for his anniversary with his wife. No problems. Haters gonna hate. <3
    /can't wait
    Thanks <3

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1,368 times
    Time Online
    131d 12h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    Chances of you being stranded or death by nuke in Japan are as slim as a string bean.

Japan has nothing to do with the DPRK/RoK/US conflict, aside from proximity and ally status.
    As an island nation with among the most efficient and advanced technology that is aware of how close it is to that bastard nation, there is no way they will allow a nuke to penetrate their airspace.
    Following this point, Japan has sensors and an air force ready to mobilize at any threat.

In the event they cannot neutralize a threat themselves, US forces have a strong presence by military bases on Japan and RoK too.

DPRK has an estimated fewer than 10 nukes at present, and the level of technology they put into their nukes make them for easy pickin', like playing a game of Duck Hunt with your Zapper touching the screen.

And if all else fails, Japan can mobilize the Freedom, Heavyarms, Sandrock, 00, Justice, Destiny, Wing Zero, ZZ, and Hi-nu on a terror campaign against DPRK.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    29 times
    Time Online
    15d 22h 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    I want to go to Japan so bad! They're probably jealous or uneducated, probably both.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Spitfire For This Useful Post:

Cath (04-10-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    1,190 times
    Time Online
    162d 23h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    58m
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod View Post
    Chances of you being stranded or death by nuke in Japan are as slim as a string bean.

Japan has nothing to do with the DPRK/RoK/US conflict, aside from proximity and ally status.
    As an island nation with among the most efficient and advanced technology that is aware of how close it is to that bastard nation, there is no way they will allow a nuke to penetrate their airspace.
    Following this point, Japan has sensors and an air force ready to mobilize at any threat.

In the event they cannot neutralize a threat themselves, US forces have a strong presence by military bases on Japan and RoK too.

DPRK has an estimated fewer than 10 nukes at present, and the level of technology they put into their nukes make them for easy pickin', like playing a game of Duck Hunt with your Zapper touching the screen.

And if all else fails, Japan can mobilize the Freedom, Heavyarms, Sandrock, 00, Justice, Destiny, Wing Zero, ZZ, and Hi-nu on a terror campaign against DPRK.
    Please be my new friend.

But seriously, thank you! This surely reassured me a lot. I will definitely feel safer now that I know this. xD

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1,368 times
    Time Online
    131d 12h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    Quote Originally Posted by katzes View Post
    Please be my new friend.
    It goes without saying.

---

If anything, you should be more worried at how pricey things in Japan are, compared to other major Asian cities;
    and the English-language barrier there, again compared to other major Asian cities.

Not terrible at all, but you'll definitely need more patience to get your intentions across (they have greater pride in their native language in their schools vs. adoption of English).