30/0
    Mentioned
    14 times
    Time Online
    4d 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m

PS2 or PS3 and favorite game?

Which console did you guys like better, PS2 or PS3? I value my PS2 collection much higher than my PS3 collection. I feel as though games made for PS3 and possibly PS4 are all going to be shooters like COD. While the multiplayer can be fun at times(if playing with friends) this all gets old really quick because of the community. PS2 had more RPG's and a great list of games, my favorite being the Kingdom hearts series. But ps3 just dissapointed me, its rpg's weren't very good and all other games are just shooters. Any thoughts from the rest of you on which system was better and your favorite game?

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    1d 11h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    PS2 has some of the best games like GTA: San Andreas, Vice City, Tekken 5 & Tournament, God of War etc. It brings me the best nostalgia when I replay them

But I have a thing with graphics, and that's why I love the PS3. I've played some really fun games like Prototype and Assassin's Creed. GTAIV was also fun, but the storyline/free play was definitely not even close to SA.

I was so disappointed with FF13 though. Although the graphics literally blew my mind away (each hair was actually animated individually...), I felt that the gameplay was WAY too linear and boring.

Racing is much better on the PS3 though because the graphics are amazing. Just that... Need for Speed - y u no make 2 players?!
    Last edited by xintervine; 04-08-2013 at 02:53 AM. Reason: typo

Pronouns
    minty/fresh
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    54/0
    Mentioned
    1,231 times
    Time Online
    340d 22h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 59m
    PS2- Under The Skin
    PS3- havent been feeling many games for this :s

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    3h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Metal Gear Solid series!!!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    76/0
    Mentioned
    61 times
    Time Online
    82d 15h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    28m
    fatal frame, silent hill, Metal Gear
    About the consoles I love both. ♥

Thanks
    DL/UL
    16/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    2d 4h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I love the ps3! (:

It has some of my favorite games like Final Fantasy 13, Heavy Rain, Okami (in HD!) and the adorable Critter Crunch.

I love the ps2, but it's not my favorite.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    64 times
    Time Online
    9d 8h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    I was obsessed with the Twisted Metal games for PS2 ^^ and when PS3 came out they hadn't released a new version until last year. But I did buy it, and I absolutely love it.

Other games... hmm, I'm not big on console gaming but I like Bioshock! have you all tried Infinite yet?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    8d 8h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Well, seeing as PS3 can play PS2 discs.. uhmmm PS3? haha. Although I have to say, my PS3 crapped out in half a year and I still have my PS2 from the year after they were originally released, so there is that. I still like PS3 better. Graphics, online, games, everything except how shitty it's built hahah.

My favourite game (Playstation exclusive) for each console is probably:
    PS2: ATV Offroad Fury series (though I've always wanted to try the Monster Rancher games)
    PS3: God of War 3 (love the entire series really)

The BEST thing about PS3 though, would be the classic games. If I included those, God of War would be pretty far down on the list lol. I own all the classic Spyro, Crash, Harvest Moon and Final Fantasy games (well the ones past V) as well as a few others. Love them so much. ._.
    Last edited by ladyoftheflowers; 04-15-2013 at 07:11 PM. Reason: Punctuation

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    14 times
    Time Online
    4d 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    @ ladyoftheflowers

Only the first ps3 models could play ps2 games. Sony took off the backward compatibility feature a long time ago. Yes, i agree with you that god of war 3 is an awesome game. I played every god of war game released and 3 is my favorite of all time.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    8d 8h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    @ naruto, oh I know, but I have the old chunky PS3 myself so that was mostly directed at my personal opinion. c:
    I guess when it comes to PS3 slims and the PS2, I'd still have to say PS3, again because of the great games on the Playstation Store. I know there's a few PS2 ones on there too, actually, but I mostly just got the ones from the original PS haha.
    And same here, I haven't played the new one yet though! I really can't wait to try that one since it's the prequel to the whole series though. Eep :3!