Thanks
    Mentioned
    1,368 times
    Time Online
    131d 12h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    Between the two, I conditionally pick both:

The Simpsons - I liked the seasons pre-2000, because that's when they had more depth and intelligence in the stories. Made me chuckle, but also made me 'feel'. You could say the show had 'soul'; some episodes even had morals.

-But the way The Simpsons has been run since, isn't up my alley. Now they focus on wacky, outlandish situations with a huge emphasis on current pop culture. The show used to dictate pop culture (occasionally), now it just imitates it.
    -I suppose since Family Guy is taking the thunder away, part of these wacky/senseless stories are to get in on FG's pie too - except it doesn't work for TS, because the show's fundamentals aren't willing to cross the line FG has.

---

Family Guy - At present, I like FG better. When this show commits to some crazy plot, they go all in. Random scenes and parodies, it's unpredictable and something adults (well young-adults) can appreciate. FG also draws on pop culture, but bashes it and is critical of it, rather than be a follower. Lastly, the episodes sometimes have a real story with morals resolved at the end, something TS once had, but no longer. FG is like the 'radical' morph of TS. I think FG's got that 'soul' now, though many will say it's just an immature, grossed out show. To hell with them.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    86 times
    Time Online
    33d 21h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    I've never really been a fan of the simpsons. The movie was ok, but i would choose family guy every day over the simpsons. There is just something about Stewie that i have always found entertaining. The way that him and Bryan interact with eachother can normally keep me entertained for however long i would like to watch it. On the other hand the simpsons to me anyways has its occasional moments but i just dont find it very funny. I just dont feel like i am being entertained to the point where i want to keep watching, where as family guy keeps me at that point. Just made a new thread based on a question i found myself asking when i saw this thread.
    Last edited by purekilla; 04-11-2013 at 08:54 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    13 times
    Time Online
    2d 1h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    While Family Guy has more 'appealing' art as opposed to the yellow creatures in the Simpsons, I like the Simpsons better just because it's less vulgar and less offensive. It's kid-friendly so that a 5th grader could watch it, whereas Family Guy should be strictly for kids 14 and older in my opinion. But in addition it also keeps its appeal for older audiences.

I was rewatching some Simpsons shows lately, and they managed to make me laugh even though I'm in college. It just has that kid flavor to it, nostalgic of the olden days.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    733 times
    Time Online
    158d 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    56m
    I would go with the simpsons, since it has being so many years on air,and it's a legend

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    73/0
    Mentioned
    33 times
    Time Online
    15d 10h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Thats a tough one but in my opinion its gotta be family guy - the simpsons is funny but it is kinda old and i feel family guy is more up to date and funnier

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    21h 1m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I've always adored the Simpsons. In my opinion, they have far more developed characters with intricate back stories to boot. Family Guy has always seemed a little too ordinary for my taste.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    89/0
    Mentioned
    17 times
    Time Online
    6d 22h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Family Guy, I like the Simpsons but for me Family Guy has a better composition.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    15 times
    Time Online
    8d 6h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Family Guy by far. I like The Simpsons, but the off the wall stunts, sayings, flashbacks, and random events from Family Guy keep me hooked.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    57/0
    Mentioned
    146 times
    Time Online
    49d 9h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    I'd go with The Simpsons

Userbars