Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    10h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A

eBay VS Amazon

Hello all today I am making this thread because me and zxzera were debating which website is better for buying/selling things online.
    I am going to have to choose eBay for this one because it's easy to use. There is a bidding option which makes things interesting compared to flat out buying it. Another thing is you can use PayPal in Amazon instead of attaching a credit card. PayPal is the best payment tool that has been created and most people use it which is another reason why it is on the top of my list. My vote is eBay

What do you guys think is a better company?!
    And I am sorry I made two threads if this is not allowed you can close my black vs white thread since I think this one will be more engaging. Thank you.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    223/0
    Mentioned
    469 times
    Time Online
    132d 23h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    Amazon to buy, eBay to sell. For me.

Sent from my toaster.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Daviid For This Useful Post:

zxzero (02-05-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    10h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Daviid why do you choose these two?! Please discuss rather than post your favorites. This is a debating thread so please post your reasons behind it so I can rebuttal. Thank you

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    381 times
    Time Online
    51d 10h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    I'm with Daviid on this. Amazon for buying and Ebay for selling.

My reasons for this being I've used Amazon for years for buying really cheap books and it's not failed me once.
    Ebay I've bought and sold items and had a rough time with it. I do like that Ebay accepts Paypal. Not sure if Amazon does.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    10h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Thank you for the post lyric. I think Amazong does NOT accept PayPal. This is a huge problem for me because I do not have any credit cards. I have to use my parents PayPal account to buy things. Amazon does have a ton of books and that is what I mainly use them for. But we have a book store where I live so I try to buy them from there. Thank you for the reply.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to I Love You For This Useful Post:

Lyric (02-05-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    16 times
    Time Online
    28d 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    I love both.

ebay is fantastic for selling, and some of the stuff are crazy cheap if you buy from international sellers from China. I love buying useless junk like cutesy phone cases, laptop covers, stationary stuff. Shipping takes awhile, but still

Amazon prime is love I used to drool over the two day shipping thing in the states. In the UK it's one day shipping!! I've died and gone to shopping heaven. I buy almost everything off amazon these days, from dishes, to detergent to ink cartridges. I have a kindle as well, and all those promos they run for books are fantastic.
    -Bruh, are you picking up what I'm Putin down?

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    172/0
    Mentioned
    657 times
    Time Online
    182d 5h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 16m
    I can understand the appeal of Amazon to people in the US, but the shipping to Australia makes it way too expensive 90% of the time. Ebay, on the other hand, has the local version that caters to us antipodeans. This makes it so much more convenient to use, as I can actually get good deals, not pay a great sell price and get gouged on postage.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    12/0
    Mentioned
    17 times
    Time Online
    6d 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    For buying I use Amazon mostly, but eBay when I want custom things. Sometimes I want a specific size shoe in a style that's out-of-season for a pair of Sperry's so I'll look on eBay. I also sometimes prefer eBay for used stuff like electronics because there's better descriptions & pictures. Overall if it's new, I buy it on Amazon 95% of the time, if it's used I check both sites and see where I can get the best deal.

For selling I use both, but it depends on the item. It's much faster to list things on Amazon because there's no need to take pictures of the item. So things like an SSD or a movie I'll put on Amazon. I've used eBay in the past for selling things like name-brand clothes or things that Amazon doesn't have in their database. Sometimes I just look up my item on Amazon & Ebay and see which site has it selling at a higher price and list it there.

Amazon sometimes takes me a little too long to get me my $$, but I haven't sold on ebay in a while so it's not really a fair comparison.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    12/1
    Mentioned
    320 times
    Time Online
    95d 4h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    32m
    eBay because I have like 1000 stars on there lmao

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    1d 19h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I choose Amazon because it is useful when I just want to buy things simply, directly. I think the format of item pages is more user-friendly. I have only ever used eBay to buy more "niche" things and I find it can be a little stressful maneuvering through the site wondering if I will have a good experience with this seller or if I'll have issues with the item or something similar to that.

I don't have any experience being a seller on either of those sites, though.