Mentioned
    970 times
    Time Online
    279d 7h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 36m

Kylae's Apprentice!

Kylae's Apprentice!

Though I have only been in the Neopets sales business for about three years, I have grown a considerably large business. As time goes on, and as my business continues to flourish, it becomes overwhelming at times, and I can no longer handle it alone. By alone, I mean a savvy, business minded sales professional akin to myself. I do have a handful of employees that help me manage my stock and the day to day, but none of them are sales professionals, and I need someone to help grow into my business and one day, replace me when I retire.

My little empire is one of the top grossing businesses out there, my 2012 was competitive with the yearly income of the top selling website owners. I feel that I didn't even make as much as I could, being overwhelmed with stock and only focusing on a couple key elements of this large area of expertise.

So, in that respect, I will be taking on an apprentice. You will be working and making money side by side with me for a while to learn all the ins and outs, to befriend my employees, my suppliers, my resellers. I will help you learn and grow, I will watch over you until you are ready, and finally I will step down and leave my business in your capable hands.

I am getting old (well, old for this business, I believe I'm the oldest person on both forums, lol), and I want to enjoy my life and stop telling people I sell Neopets for a living (it's getting annoying, haha).

So, I have devised this contest. I have an obsession with Celebrity Apprentice, so this actually works out perfectly.

~~~~~~

There will be a one week application period. I am looking for your complete Neopets resume, both legit and illegit. There are a large group of questions to complete in your resume, but I'm looking for your own words on top of that.

ONLY EIGHT COMPETITORS WILL BE CHOSEN.

I am not looking to make this a super fun contest that many people can join in on. This is a competition for a job that nets tens of thousands of dollars a year. It is real, and I will pick only the top applicants. Not only am I protecting my time and my investments, I am protecting my employees and their time and investments as well. I will only pick your application if I believe you are qualified to do so from what you tell me in them.

After the application process, the contest will begin. The eight applicants will join a Skype chat with myself and my employees, and we will guide you and help you through the eight or so week competition. You are free to ask questions, ask for help from myself, my employees or your fellow competitors if they feel like helping. This will not only be a contest, but it will hopefully be a learning experience, so if you are accepted, but you do not win, at least you will take away more than enough knowledge to perhaps start or flourish your own businesses.

Each week will be a new task that you will have to master, and a new learning experience. I will be testing to see how well you can complete the tasks, how thorough you can be and if your finished task can stand the test of time. The tasks will encompass all of the business, from farming out information, to securing your assets. Advertising to communicating and negotiation. Active and inactive. When you take over, you may choose to leave some of the lesser used sections of the business out, but I would at least like to know you would be able to manage and master all sections.

By my side will be my best friend and longest companion. You will be working personally with her during and after the contest, and hopefully you will befriend her as much as I have. She is not a forum goer, nor is she a cheater in any sort of that aspect, but she is an accountant, and my business partner. She will be 50% of the voting, so don't piss her off, lol.

At first, I was going to have each week with one person getting voted off, but after careful discussion, the plan has changed. The competition will be scored with a points system, that way, any underdogs that might cock up a previous week can try to fix it by dominating the next one. There is a final grade as well, which will be introduced after all eight contestants have been chosen.

~~~~~~

Getting to the good stuff, this contest will be fully funded. I don't expect to get any free labor, so to speak, out of my competitors. This contest has a one thousand dollar prize pool. Each week, $100 will be put in the prize pool for each competition. Some weeks, it will be divided out equally, other weeks, it will be given out as prizes in a tier system. The final winner will get a bonus of $200. You will also be making a lot of your own money during the contest, so obviously the hint there is to be ready to make some sales. Sometimes it will be my product you are selling for your own profit, sometimes it will be something else entirely. I can't give too much away, I wouldn't want to ruin the surprises.

I will also be giving bonus prizes out during the competition in the way of pets, accounts, items, etc. You can keep them, or sell them, it's your choice. As you will probably be making plenty of money outside bonus prizes, I'd ask that you be honest if you're going to keep or sell a bonus prize, thus knowing how many bonus prizes to bring into the contest. The bonus prizes raise the prize pool substantially, but some people don't count digital goods as adequate prizes so I've only stated the hard cash value that I'm putting into the competition.

~~~~~~

Please remember, the first and most important part of this contest, and my business, is that you need the time to do it. If you're flaky, if you have too many other responsibilities and can not devote a lot of time on this, please do not apply. Some days, I may barely work, others, I may farm and database things for up to 16 hours a day. You make as much money as you put time into the business, and I make a lot of money.

I expect you to spend hours on these resumes and applications, that's why I've given you two weeks to fill them out (and a few extra days, I got excited). Remember, I don't just want my questions answered, I want your stories as well, I want you to throw at me as many words about yourself as possible. You will be the next me, and I want the most information I can get to make the best decision I can make.

~~~~~~

Without further ado, the questions:

Resume applications are due to me in PM by April 14th.

Since the applications are not public, please be as brutally honest as you can. None of your information will be shared with the other competitors. Once you apply, please post a message on this thread stating you applied and why, so members have at least that intrigue to wonder about! When decision times come, I will post the name of each member that applied and why they were or were not chosen.

Good luck everyone that applies! I can't wait to see the applications!

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Kylae For This Useful Post:

Bettser (04-13-2013),Bot (04-05-2013),cloudxcrash (04-12-2013),Demetri (04-07-2013),Flame (04-05-2013),kooldude888 (04-05-2013),Pestix (04-05-2013),Reese (04-07-2013),Trinket (04-14-2013),utahclock (04-06-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    20h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I would absolutely love to apply, but doubt I could ever be chosen with my inexperience. xD
    I'll be watching this like a hawk! It seems interesting.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    37/0
    Mentioned
    114 times
    Time Online
    36d 19h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    I'd apply, but I believe that I'm a bit too young
    If I wasn't too young I couldv'e probably tried to apply(my dad being in this job area could have seen if I should bother applying)
    Good luck finding your apprentice

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    1,190 times
    Time Online
    162d 23h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    58m
    I am sure you'll find the perfect person to handle that Kylae!
    I would definitely apply, but I won't have any free time left after May.

Good luck! <3

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1,368 times
    Time Online
    131d 12h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    I hope at some point during this contest, you say those famous 2 words.

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mod For This Useful Post:

Ana (04-05-2013),Kylae (04-05-2013),utahclock (04-06-2013),victoriamle (04-06-2013),wrath (04-05-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    65 times
    Time Online
    16d 2h 21m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    This is amazing. I would love to apply but am afraid that I am not even close to being qualified so good luck to those who enter ^_^

Thanks
    DL/UL
    86/0
    Mentioned
    464 times
    Time Online
    70d 14h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    24m
    Haven't had the chance to read the thread in full due to being at work, but I will be entering.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    16/0
    Mentioned
    26 times
    Time Online
    23d 8h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kat For This Useful Post:

Maki (04-05-2013),Trinket (04-14-2013)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    32/0
    Mentioned
    50 times
    Time Online
    18d 11h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Read the whole thing, you can except an application from me sometime soon.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    12/0
    Mentioned
    970 times
    Time Online
    279d 7h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 36m
    Bumping