41/0
    Mentioned
    165 times
    Time Online
    8d 11h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m

Bleeding noses or leave it out?

I'm kinda in a dilemma between choosing for my beloved sceptum piercing, crossing my fingers to wait till I can replace it ... Or taking it out because it keeps opening up the skin when I'm asleep, causing me to wake up to a bloody nose almost every night... What to do, wisdom or love for the jewel?

A sad, crude, twisted little girl.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    46/0
    Mentioned
    471 times
    Time Online
    50d 14h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    I would take it out, wait for the skin to heal up and try it again at a later date. ;c
    Maybe if you give the skin enough time to completely heal up, it won't cause as much problem when you re-pierce it.
    That's odd though, I never had any sorts of problems like that with mine. D;

But I had a sliiiightly similar dilemma, except with my snakebites.
    They would rub up against my gums and make my gums bleed constantly because my teeth are super sensitive, so I had to go ahead and take them out. >:

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    41/0
    Mentioned
    165 times
    Time Online
    8d 11h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by monsters View Post
    I would take it out, wait for the skin to heal up and try it again at a later date. ;c
    Maybe if you give the skin enough time to completely heal up, it won't cause as much problem when you re-pierce it.
    That's odd though, I never had any sorts of problems like that with mine. D;

But I had a sliiiightly similar dilemma, except with my snakebites.
    They would rub up against my gums and make my gums bleed constantly because my teeth are super sensitive, so I had to go ahead and take them out. >:
    Yeah I got this one a year and a half now, only piercing thats ever really been a pain in the ass like that. I'm just totally bummed about it not working because I love my piercings. :c

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    81/0
    Mentioned
    80 times
    Time Online
    15d 23h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    It bleeds a lot?? is it pierced really high up in the cartilage, or maybe too low? maybe you could go to a piercer and get a second opinion while it's still in and see what they would advise, septum piercings are a pain in the butt. i had mine done three times, all professionally, and it was crooked every single time. eventually i just gave up and chalked it down to the piercing just not being right for me. it might be bleeding due to placement, when i got it done the final time it was through that really thin "sweet spot" and it didn't even bleed. but the first time (pierced by a different/not as good guy) it was way too low and actually going through the skin on the bottom of my nose and THAT bled like a mofo not to mention hurt. if you get it through that thin spot it shouldn't bleed, but it depends on the anatomy of your nose i think

also idk if its an option but maybe you could switch to a retainer and wear it flipped up until it heals up more? that way you won't accidentally knock it around or anything, i had mine pierced initially with one once and just kept it in my nose until it healed, maybe that would help until it calms down?