Mentioned
    29 times
    Time Online
    15d 22h 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m

Is this an actual fear?

I was looking at this:

And when it got to the sun I started sweating. At sirius I started breathing heavily and by the end I almost fainted. It's terrifying. I'm scared of things going on forever and infinity, really, because of these dreams I have when I have fevers. Can people be afraid of large objects? I don't mean things like buildings, but I mean when things get HUGE, bigger than earth, way bigger than earth, bigger than the largest buildings. Far bigger. It's scary. Can people actually be afraid of that or is it just tied to my "going on forever" fear?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    1,190 times
    Time Online
    162d 23h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    58m
    I'm not sure, but I feel so bad thinking about this, I just can't take it.

Kind of make me feel sick also if that can make you understand you're not alone haha. ~

Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    29 times
    Time Online
    15d 22h 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Haha, it's like those weird, disjointed dreams I get when I'm sick- it feels like something is wrong.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    1,190 times
    Time Online
    162d 23h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    58m
    Omg I always get those dreams when I'm sick also, maybe we are connected somehow. XD

Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    29 times
    Time Online
    15d 22h 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Quote Originally Posted by katzes View Post
    Omg I always get those dreams when I'm sick also, maybe we are connected somehow. XD

Haha, what are your dreams like? When I'm just having a normal stomach flu or something, it's usually me doing something normal, I'm at school or something, but something feels wrong and I can't put my finger on it- it's terrifying. When I'm really sick, I'll have a dream where someone makes a black hole, then I freak out and say something about how it'll make all the other black holes combine or something (I don't understand it myself when I wake up, but it makes sense in my dream.) The black hole will engulf the whole world, and it'll be counting to 100 billion to engulf the whole world. It'll be 2 dots going in circles trying to meet. It'll be counting really fast, and it feels scary and I can feel everything around me going really fast- it's not just the counting. The dream will go on until it reaches 100 billion. The dream seems to last forever, and I feel horrible and sick the whole way through it.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1,368 times
    Time Online
    131d 12h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    Yes, the amount of phobias that exist are infinite (lol, sorry).

We put prefixes to phobias only for those that are most common, but in reality, recurrent fear of anything you can think of is a phobia.

What you're fearing is legit, whether it be megalophobia (fear of large objects), or apeirophobia (fear of infinity). Or even something else closer to your description, whether it has a recorded name or not.
    (no, I'm not knowledgeable on phobia types, I Googled those).

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mod For This Useful Post:

Cath (03-21-2013),Hale (03-21-2013),M.V.P (03-22-2013),Maki (03-21-2013)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    29 times
    Time Online
    15d 22h 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod View Post

We put prefixes to phobias only for those that are most common, but in reality, recurrent fear of anything you can think of is a phobia.

What you're fearing is legit, whether it be megalophobia (fear of large objects), or apeirophobia (fear of infinity). Or even something else closer to your description, whether it has a recorded name or not.
    (no, I'm not knowledgeable on phobia types, I Googled those).

It seems like I have a mild case of good 'ole self diagnosed apeirophobia. I almost puke thinking about things going on forever, haha.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    37/0
    Mentioned
    114 times
    Time Online
    36d 19h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    Want a horror story?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Flame For This Useful Post:

Lilac Tentacles (03-22-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    1,190 times
    Time Online
    162d 23h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    58m
    Quote Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
    Haha, what are your dreams like? When I'm just having a normal stomach flu or something, it's usually me doing something normal, I'm at school or something, but something feels wrong and I can't put my finger on it- it's terrifying. When I'm really sick, I'll have a dream where someone makes a black hole, then I freak out and say something about how it'll make all the other black holes combine or something (I don't understand it myself when I wake up, but it makes sense in my dream.) The black hole will engulf the whole world, and it'll be counting to 100 billion to engulf the whole world. It'll be 2 dots going in circles trying to meet. It'll be counting really fast, and it feels scary and I can feel everything around me going really fast- it's not just the counting. The dream will go on until it reaches 100 billion. The dream seems to last forever, and I feel horrible and sick the whole way through it.
    I don't even know how to explain those dreams. I sometime get stuck counting things and the numbers just start to increase dramatically and it feels like I will never be able to do enough & oh god. I sound retarded. LOL

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    66 times
    Time Online
    4d 7h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod View Post
    jesus christ i just laughed so fucking hard out loud when I read that
    LOLOLOL

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Hale For This Useful Post:

Mod (03-22-2013)