DL/UL
    50/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    104d 6h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    I really liked the books, and the first movie wasn't that bad. What Im afraid of is this falling into the trap of each successive movie being more of a flop than the first.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    18d 16h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    The books are amazing and contain far, far more detail than the movies could muster. That's understandable since they only have so much screen-time, after all. The only thing I really don't like about watching movies based on books is how the visualization of certain events, ideas, or characters is usually different from how I imagined it. Still looking forward to Catching Fire, though! I didn't feel like the first movie was as strong as the book, but I enjoyed it all the same. Jennifer Lawrence is a supremely talented actress.
    Last edited by Daenery; 06-11-2013 at 01:04 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    73/0
    Mentioned
    33 times
    Time Online
    15d 10h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    ive not read the books but ive heard some good reviews from people and if it is anything like the first movie then im sure that it is going to be awesome!!

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    37 times
    Time Online
    48d 20h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    I'm always irritated with some things when I've read a book first, but they did a pretty good job with the first Hunger Games movie. They didn't destroy it like most other adaptions do. Looking forward to the new movie!

Liam Hemsworth annoys the hell out of me though, mostly due to the fact that he reminds me of Miley Cyrus. Oh well, never really liked Gale in the books anyway.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    22/0
    Mentioned
    18 times
    Time Online
    4d 8h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I read the whole hunger games series in 4 days, and while I think the second one is the best, I just really think they messed up the first one. The audience doesn't know that the main romance is fake, and I dunno, that's pretty essential. I'm sure it'll rake in a ton of money though

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    29 times
    Time Online
    2d 15h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I really hope this movie will be really great, maybe even better than the first!
    I think the whole book series was awesome.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    199 times
    Time Online
    129d 11h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    44m
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    I read the whole hunger games series in 4 days, and while I think the second one is the best, I just really think they messed up the first one. The audience doesn't know that the main romance is fake, and I dunno, that's pretty essential. I'm sure it'll rake in a ton of money though
    I thought the first movie did pretty well with dropping the subtle hints about how it all worked. Given how hard it is to communicate that in a movie.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    29 times
    Time Online
    2d 15h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Peta View Post
    I thought the first movie did pretty well with dropping the subtle hints about how it all worked. Given how hard it is to communicate that in a movie.
    My thoughts exactly. The director's interpretation of the movie was pretty well played out onto the screen. Kudos.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    37 times
    Time Online
    48d 20h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    Maybe it was just because I read the book, but I thought the movie was fine with how it showed the romance. Katniss nearly kills Peeta after he says he has a crush on her, and she obviously suspects something. And in the cave, it's when her real feelings actually do sort of come out in the book too, she wasn't being completely fake there.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    22/0
    Mentioned
    18 times
    Time Online
    4d 8h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by Peta View Post
    Perhaps, I dunno. Saw it twice, and while the books are always better, I just feel like the movies could have been changed slightly. I'll still go see and give the movie companies more money, but it's just missing that little something that could make it brilliant, in my eyes.