If your budget is 300-500k, then...

2x Scroll of Knowledge (as constants)
1 Downsize! (once-per-battle, block 50% all enemy weapon damage)
1 Greater Healing Scroll (heal 50/no overheal) -or- 1 Green Scorchstone (heal 40/overheal)

And the other 4 slots to anything you want, be it shields or different constant-weapons.

Possible Shields: Leaf Shield, Patched Magic Hat, Sophies Magic Hat, Altadorian Swordbreaker (block 100% Physical, weak dual-duty), Parasol of Unfortunate Demise (block 100% Light + a few Water/Earth)
Possible Constants: Golden Compass (dual-duty, def 3 Dark), Rainbow Scroll, Ridiculously Heavy Battle Hammer, etc...(there are many more). These are all 9-icon weapons, SoK I mentioned above is 11-icon.

If you want to learn more of these weapons' stats, search them at:

(you need an account to see links)

I don't recommend any freezers or bombs at this level of battling, because a 50% freeze (off RFFR) isn't reliable, and usually paired with a strong bomb. Honey Potion is out of your budget and only a few icons stronger than SoK; the turns you waste trying to get a successful freeze-bomb will not be worth it vs. just straight smashing with your constants.

Then again, maybe ya sugaaa daddy can hook you up, know what I'm sayin'? *cough* @(you need an account to see links) *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
Level 40 pet, 99HP, 70somethingSTR, 80somethingDEF, 90somethingMOV
I don't battle other user usually, just the easy to get 1p.
Train your STR and DEF to 85 (to reach the next boost), then 125 if you feel like it.
Don't forget HP too, if you are able to bring the level back up.
Ignore MOV unless you want a 'stealer' and are willing to go >200 MOV.

Pretty much what nayfeee said, Lens Flare is a very useful skill. It's like a cheap TTear (block all enemy weapon damage on the turn it's used).