Thread: Guess I Should Ask Advice about my set too...

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    125/0
    Mentioned
    159 times
    Time Online
    47d 22h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m

Guess I Should Ask Advice about my set too...

My Pets Stats:
    Lvl : 245-250
    Str : 350-360
    Def : 300-310
    Mov : 75-80 (who cares?)
    Hp : 450-490

My Current Set:
    Prickly Potion
    Scarab Ring
    Scroll of Knowledge
    Leaf Shield
    Rainbow Scroll
    Hanso Charisma Charm
    Lesser Healing Scroll
    I have ~8m budget. ^_^

Any advice on upgrades, etc?

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1,368 times
    Time Online
    131d 12h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    I'll get to you in a bit,

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    125/0
    Mentioned
    159 times
    Time Online
    47d 22h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Thanks!

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1,368 times
    Time Online
    131d 12h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    @(you need an account to see links), LOL, I laughed at first because your pet is pretty damn strong, but your set is pretty damn shit. I think if you asked this same Q at BD chat, you'd get a lot of raised eyebrows and suspicion,

---

-The only weapon I would keep with certainty is HCC. Also have Leaf Shield on reserve, it still has its use. Everything else should be pawned off while the plot is still going, to get maximum return for them.

-Prickly Potion normally attacks with reflected icons (unblockable), and uses your opponent's strength boost (useful for ultra strong enemies). The downside is all weapons of this type have been broken since the new BD started, so it's just a PoS and waste of space right now.
    -From now and any future waves, the challengers will be too strong and doing too much damage for Lesser Healing Scroll to be useful at all. I'd say even using it would be harming yourself. Lose it.
    -The rest of your set is just too weak.

If you don't mind morphing your pet, you can use Kacheek Life Potion, Elephante Unguent, or Gelert Healing Remedy as 50-66% healers, they are the best bang for buck in your budget, and especially with your pets' current HP. If you can't morph your pet, then it's either single-use Jade Elixir (100% heal), or nothing at all. Nothing else that's useful would fit in your budget.

You can go 2 ways with your 2 constants (main attackers):

13-icon weapons:
    Altador Cup Throwing Star, Ylanas Blaster, Brynns Sword, Wand of Reality, and Bow of Destiny
    These will run you ~1.5m each, ACTS being the cheapest and WoR/BoD being the priciest.
    If you do go this route, I'd suggest using 2 of the same weapon, just to stack icon amounts, should the enemy have a good shield against you.

Dual-Duty weapons: Rusty Pitchfork (11 icons, defend 5 Physical), HCC (10 icons, defend 100% dark) - you already own this
    You do a few less icons than the 13-icon approach, but also defend 2 icon types.
    You may not always face Dark, but a 100% block is always welcomed. And there will always be Physical in enemy attacks.

Since your budget is 8m, I guess I can also suggest using the Sloth Duck (Dr. Sloth's Personal Bath Buddy), which runs ~2m, and does 14 icons. That 1 extra icon over the 13 iconers cost about 500k more, but its price is very stable because it's a HT item, so you can resell once the plot ends. Also, because there is no weapon stronger than it, while remaining in your 8m budget.

-No Bomb, nothing in your budget.
    -No Freezer, nothing in your budget (and a waste without a good Bomb)

Buy a "Downsize!", it's cheap, OPB, and blocks 50% of all enemy weapon damage. At your HP, you can definitely find value in tanking a 50% blow with this nifty little thing.

Good shields to have in your budget are Leaf Shield (you already own one), Royal Blue Cape (def. 3 icons of 4 icon types), Altadorian Swordbreaker, and Parasol of Unfortunate Demise.
    I'd only suggest using AS if you're not using a RP, as it is a cheap 100% Physical blocker, but RP's defend takes most of its thunder away.
    And the Parasol is a cheap 100% Light defender (and defends a few Water/Earth too); very useful if the enemy uses a lot of Light against you. Useless otherwise.

So with your remaining slots, I'd fill up with the shields I talked about, or a 3rd/4th constant if you want to, and budget allows for it.
    Pretty much at your budget, there is a lot of freedom in how you want to design your set, just be sure to have these:

2x constants
    1 species-healer, single-use JEs, or nothing at all
    1 Downsize!
    Other 4/8 slots to shields, other constants, things of your choice

...yeah, a mid-budget set is typically ~5m, no better set upgrades until your budget is 15m+
    ---

Abilities-wise, can you list off what your pet has learned? You have access to a few good abilities at your level ~250, so it'd be a waste if you didn't have them.
    Last edited by Mod; 03-10-2013 at 05:06 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod For This Useful Post:

Matt~ (03-10-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    125/0
    Mentioned
    159 times
    Time Online
    47d 22h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    @(you need an account to see links)
    I forgot abilities, whoops.

Static Cling
    Shade
    Cranky
    Sear
    and
    Lens Flare

I bought a few of the items you listed, Sloth Duck and Downsize.
    gonna morph and buy one of those healers. Thanks!

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1,368 times
    Time Online
    131d 12h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    @(you need an account to see links), no prob!

For your Faerie abilities:

-It's a toss up between what you have right now (Cranky), vs. Positive Thinking. Cranky may break in battle, but the +5% damage definitely helps (if it breaks, you could always just use another ability). PT does a low 5% heal after damage, but also has a small chance to heal in future turns. I don't have a preference here, just informing you about it.

-Of the 3 L100 abilities available, none of them are working correctly, so you may skip them, as I see you have already. If you still want to plug up the L100 slot though, the one shown to have at least some effect is "Burrow". No one knows the full or correct effect of it at the moment, but in case you feel like throwing NP at a L100, that would be my pick.

-The L200 ability I strongly recommend is Warlock's Rage; it's identical to Lens Flare and OPB. Pretty much another free TTear!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod For This Useful Post:

Matt~ (03-10-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    125/0
    Mentioned
    159 times
    Time Online
    47d 22h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Oh sweet, I didn't know about Wizard's Rage. Thanks! Will be investing in that now. XD