3/0
    Mentioned
    49 times
    Time Online
    24d 12h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m

Should I invest in a new bd set, or will it make no difference

K so I was able to squeak by the current wave beating the challengers on easy and getting 'my part' done. My worry is that there is no way I'm going to be able to get past the next wave with my current set. I don't know if it is going to be worth it to invest in a better set or if my stats are so low that better weapons wont make a difference.

Stats:
    HP: 130-150
    Strength: 150-175
    Defence: 150-175
    Move: 100-120
    Intelligence: 600+

Set:

Oversized Maractite Rune Sword
    Snowager Sword
    Yellow Frost Cannon
    Red Velvet Cloak
    Hanso Charisma Charm
    Downsize!!
    Leaf Shield
    Scroll of Knowledge

Abilities

Static Cling
    Bandage
    Positive Thinking
    An Icicle
    Lens flare

With all of that said, is it advisable for me to invest in a better set, or is it just going to be a waste of cash? And if it is worth it to improve my set, what are the best items for me to buy?

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Alice; 03-10-2013 at 03:34 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1,368 times
    Time Online
    131d 12h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    First question is, what is your NP budget if you are going to upgrade to better gear?

AND edit your stats to a close range, we don't want TNT matching a pet to those stats and getting you banned on Neo.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mod For This Useful Post:

Alice (03-10-2013),wrath (03-10-2013)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    86/0
    Mentioned
    464 times
    Time Online
    70d 14h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    24m
    I have a friend that was barely just barely scraping by with about half your stats across the board on her pet. She was using Sword of Reifs, same Hanso charm, Lesser Healing Scroll, and a couple of thick smoke bombs. Personally, I've dropped Dual duty weapons for the past wave and went with a couple 13 iconer's and had no problems (my pet has 600+HP and 200+STR). So I'd recommend Ylana's Blaster and Brynn's Legendary Sword of Wraith Smithing, or an equivalent 13-iconer. Yes, I do think it will help quite a bit. I'm not a huge BD buff, but that's what worked for me last wave.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to wrath For This Useful Post:

Alice (03-10-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    16/0
    Mentioned
    1,992 times
    Time Online
    279d 19h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 35m
    Regardless of your strength boost, if you get a better weapons that deal more icons, then in turn you will of course deal more damage.
    So yes it will make a difference, but it depends on the weapons you buy

Hello I am retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Serrah
    Why would I need to buy from anyone else anyways? You're practically walmart
    (you need an account to see links) || (you need an account to see links)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Drizzy For This Useful Post:

Alice (03-10-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    49 times
    Time Online
    24d 12h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Edited my stats...look at me posting in full detail like a silly newb. Sigh.

Anyways, budget is not really an issue as I would be more inclined to buy from someone here than on site simply because its generally faster and mostly hassle free.

Thanks to all of you for your input! I am definitely going to buy some stuff, this is my first war ( if it is even considered a war) so I want to get to the end if at all possible

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1,368 times
    Time Online
    131d 12h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    Quote Originally Posted by Alice View Post
    Thanks to all of you for your input! I am definitely going to buy some stuff, this is my first war ( if it is even considered a war) so I want to get to the end if at all possible
    To put it in truth, it's highly unlikely you will get to the end, most of us won't. Plot bosses are incredibly strong, they are usually ganged by entire factions and chipped off to bits (like 100,000 HP), or only able to be brought down by the most well-known and powerful BDers (Pea-level sets, 2500+ HSD pets, you get my drift) in single-battles.

Even the final challengers aside from bosses usually require stats of 1200+ HSD pets, and HT-level sets. So unless you plan on buying a pet too, don't be too hopeful you can get to the end.

---

Having said that, you can definitely still make the next wave (maybe even the 6th wave, though I doubt it) if you upgrade to a HT-level set (50-60m worth).

Firstly, I noticed your pet's intel is very high. If you can further raise it to 750, I would highly suggest buying a CBT (12-15m):

(you need an account to see links)

It's a healer, but also drains HP from the enemy (which is unblockable).
    If you can't raise your intel or afford a CBT, I would forego any healer at this stage of the war, since challengers will be doing more damage than you could heal anyways.
    The exception to this is if you want to dish out NP for single-use Jade Elixirs (which cost ~10k now), and do 100% heals, or OPB Leaded Elemental Vial/Jade Scorchstone (45 and 60m, respectively)

If you're going all-in, weapons you absolutely need are 2 Anagrams/Kelpbeards Trident, and Ghostkerbomb. These will be your main attackers, and very powerful. Ghostkerbomb is OPB, but the strongest bomb there is. Anagrams will run you ~10.8m each, KBT around 8m, and GBomb is 7.4.

You will need a OPB 100% freezer if you want to use GBomb to maximum efficacy. Buy a "Magical Marbles of Mystery" (~8m), Freezing Potion, or H4000 Helmet (around 7.5 and 7 m, respectively)

As for a shield, the best multi-shield is Hubrid Nox Memorial Shield (~8m), which blocks 100% Light, and 5 icons each of all other elements, except Fire and Dark (which you can plug with your HCC).

I don't think you'd be interested in a Thyoras Tear (block enemy weapon damage 100%, OPB ), which is the only upgrade from a Downsize!, because it costs 70-80m at the moment. But just to let you know about it. The cheaper single-use alternative is the Thick Smoke Bomb.

To sum things up, your upgraded set should be:

-2 Anagrams or KBT
    -GBomb
    -CBT (if you can intel >750), LEV/JSS, or single-use JEs
    -100% freezer (MMoM, FPot, or H4k)
    -Downsize! or TTear
    -HCC
    -HNMS

Of the weapons you currently own, I would definitely ditch the Rune Sword, Snowager Sword, and Yellow FC.
    HCC and Downsize! are the only weapons I would definitely keep.
    The others are still a little weak, but you may find some use for them anyways (if the rest of your set isn't upgraded)

You can still upgrade your current set to a less powerful, but still huge improvement with ~4m in total if this HT-level set is a little too pricey.
    You can also upgrade your current set to a godly powerful set if your budget is higher, but that's going to run you over 1k USD.
    Let me know if either option needs explanation.
    ---

Abilities:

-Swap Bandage for Shade. All abilities in this tier are very weak, but of the 3 you can pick, Shade is the best. Since it's a random defend, it may be completely useless at times, but the gamble is still much better than the 5-8 HP you heal with Bandage/Meditate.
    -Swap An Icicle for Sear. Fire is the hardest element to block (even for 1P-opponents), and it deals 8 icons over 2 turns, which is higher than Icicle's overall output.
    Last edited by Mod; 03-10-2013 at 04:22 PM.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mod For This Useful Post:

Alice (03-10-2013),Drizzy (03-10-2013),Matt~ (03-10-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    5d 4h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Judging from past event rewards, having a higher score really makes no difference. Sure, you can pick up better weapons/clothes/books/stamps, but ultimately, restocking, action sniping and the works makes more money than doing the BD.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    49 times
    Time Online
    24d 12h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    I want to thank @(you need an account to see links) for your wonderful advice, and @(you need an account to see links) for selling me some awesome weapons!
    With both of your help, I was able to whip through the last wave - gold check marks across the board!
    Woohoo!

Now here's to hoping TNT has plans for something more to come!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alice For This Useful Post:

Drizzy (03-12-2013),Mod (03-12-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1,368 times
    Time Online
    131d 12h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    No problem, glad we could help.

@(you need an account to see links) Another one fo' da Krue, POUND IT!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod For This Useful Post:

Drizzy (03-12-2013)