32/0
    Mentioned
    87 times
    Time Online
    42d 17h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m

Tips on not sleeping? +rep

I'm usually good at all nighters, I stay up - even end up going to class and then I crash around 2 pm.

Basically, it's 7 AM right now and I'm in desperate need to stay up for the next 3 hours and do major amounts of work. Then, I need to go to a 6 hour lecture (yes, on a sunday) and then I need to come home and do more work, way more work, to approximately 2 am.

How do I go about doing this? What should my caffeine intake be? What should I eat? How can I pull this off? I just really need a quick summary of that kind of stuff and I'll be on my way. I've been up since 5 PM last night.

If anyone can help me out real quickly, it'll be much appreciated. I don't think I'll have a problem going to that lecture so long as I pick up some red bull on my way there, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to die when I'm home.

Yes, I know this is unhealthy, but I'm really behind on work due to being sick for the past week and a half and desperate times call for desperate measures.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    86/0
    Mentioned
    464 times
    Time Online
    70d 14h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    24m
    The next step up from caffeine is adderall and if you don't mind the jitters/lightheadedness, it's the best way to stay awake. Prescription only though. Couple of no-doz's or yellow jackets from your favorite convenience store ought to be okay. Just don't go overboard with the energy drinks, they make me more jittery than the supplements imo.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wrath For This Useful Post:

kooldude888 (03-10-2013),oventoast (03-11-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    32/0
    Mentioned
    87 times
    Time Online
    42d 17h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Idk, energy drinks make me crash pretty hard after a while. I could get my hands on adderal but I use it only in emergencies (i.e. finals). I'll probably hit up the store before my lecture and grab some no doz, I always forget about it. I always prefer a nice cup of coffee over energy drinks.

I have no idea what to eat though. Food always makes me so sleepy and I know I don't get enough nutrients as of late. Do I just snack throughout the night or what? God I don't know. +repd

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    29/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    2d 13h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Hey Try drinking a bunch of water! Always works for me when I wanna stay up. Make sure you have some good food nearby to have energy. Moderating caffeine and water gives me the ultimate HIGH!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to budsmokah For This Useful Post:

oventoast (03-11-2013)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    60/0
    Mentioned
    197 times
    Time Online
    46d 11h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m

Re: Tips on not sleeping? +rep

I would probably be reaching for the adderal if I was in your situation xD and I would try to snack it through with a lot of chips/Doritos I usually do anytime I stay up late :p

Sent from my H866C using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by kooldude888; 03-10-2013 at 09:21 AM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to kooldude888 For This Useful Post:

oventoast (03-11-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1,368 times
    Time Online
    131d 12h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    @(you need an account to see links)

Cocaine.
    One of the strongest stimulants, makes pills and caffeine seem like child's play.
    And if coke isn't working, kick it to crystal meth, that shit's more than 2x the effect of coke!

(I kid, I kid, )

---

Is your 6 hour lecture important? I guess it is, since 6 hours of material is about 2 weeks - what I mean is, is it critical you be awake for all of it? If it's just the instructor elaborating on ppt slides, I would take that time to do short naps in class.

---

Also try to fit in 1-2 short power naps while you're at home. You're better off sacrificing an ~hour to a nap in order to bring up your productivity, rather than gun through until the end, working at half-capacity or less from your fatigue. The key is to limit your naps to 15-20 minutes, any longer and your brain waves will switch to deep sleep waves, making you even more drowsy than pre-nap. Remember to set your alarm for 15-20 minutes later, as a safety net.

To increase efficacy of these power naps, have a coffee just before hitting the hay, because coffee has a 10-15 minute delay before it begins to be metabolised and taken into effect. That way you'll wake up with a small kick too. I wouldn't advise using energy drinks with power naps, as they're metabolised too quickly and you'll just get a surge before you can fall asleep.

---

If you're hungry, eating any full meal will make you drowsy. Sad to say, if you want to be awake, you'll have to be in a feeling of constant hunger (just don't get to the point of starvation). Like you said, you just have to snack all night long; never fill yourself up completely, never starve yourself. Pretty much just enough so your stomach isn't in pain and you can begin to feel difference in hunger level improving. Then stop there for another ~2 hours.

As for actual foods. Avoid high-sugar foods/junk foods (candy, chocolate, chips, etc.). This is common sense you probably already know. They'll give you a rapid spike, then crash around an hour later. You don't want to fill up on this, partially because it's already going on with the Red Bull/Coffee you take. Your caffeine intake gives you the spike and edge, but to maintain a level of constant awareness, you'll need a steady release of energy.

The most energy-dense foods are meats; but they also contain a lot of lipids and shit, so the enzymes and energy your digestive system uses to break them down will drain you temporarily of energy too. Avoid greasy, meaty foods best you can.

-Nuts are high density foods that don't carry the same consequence of meat, try some almonds, pistachios, etc.
    -Fruit is also good to go. Hydrates you, gives you non-processed sugar intake, and other nutrients to keep you going (like K+ in bananas, don't want to start locking up in cramps, hey? ). Light enough that they won't make you drowsy like meats.
    -Grains like whole-grain bread and non-kids cereal is a third candidate you should go for. They're like fruits, only they don't hydrate you, are slower to have an effect, but have a longer energy flow than fruit. The slow release and breakdown of grain starches will keep you going for twice as long as fruit.

-If you're having difficulty eating all of those because they taste a little bland (compared to candy bars), or lazy, you could throw them all together in a bowl and mix with a bit of yogurt (and milk if you want more fluids). I find this pretty enticing and tasty to down. Just don't add too much yogurt, because it still has lipid content that if taken in excessively high quantities, will give you the same effect as eating greasy foods.

---

Lastly, if you're really desperate and must stay awake, then I'll agree with others in adderall and pep pills alike. They're the most damaging to your health of any option discussed so far, but if you're an infrequent user, go for it. They won't kill you until you start doing it every few hours for a week.
    Last edited by Mod; 03-10-2013 at 11:54 AM.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mod For This Useful Post:

Maki (03-10-2013),Matt~ (03-10-2013),oventoast (03-11-2013),Toasted (03-11-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    122/0
    Mentioned
    89 times
    Time Online
    15d 16h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    some food that causes energy grapes and dates and great for little pick me ups

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    16/0
    Mentioned
    26 times
    Time Online
    23d 8h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    dude rename yourself kat and get like 30oz of blaq coffee problem solved

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    32/0
    Mentioned
    87 times
    Time Online
    42d 17h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Thanks so much everyone! It went pretty well.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    1,100 times
    Time Online
    43d 11h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    4loko balls 2wall
    [9/3/12 11:11:58 PM] Joanna: sigh