DL/UL
    388/3
    Mentioned
    202 times
    Time Online
    55d 20h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    Here in SC Its very very frowned upon... I accept everyone for who they regardless of the sexuality

Thanks
    DL/UL
    86/0
    Mentioned
    464 times
    Time Online
    70d 14h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    24m
    Quote Originally Posted by Luv View Post
    Talking about parades and stuff, I don't quite understand : they want people to treat them like "normal people", but most of them don't act "normal" (well normality is another problem here, what is "normality" nowadays ?) by parading in streets and showing and being proud of their difference.
    Here in France wedding has been accepted a couple of weeks ago, but people can't adopt yet. Though for this time when we watched television they were only talking about gay marriage forgetting "real" important stuff.
    It does annoy me a good length when debates and other political publications are on social issues such as this. There are far more important things to deal with in the USA at least, in my opinion.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    8d 6h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by Federation View Post
    It does annoy me a good length when debates and other political publications are on social issues such as this. There are far more important things to deal with in the USA at least, in my opinion.
    It's the same in France, they made a HUGE thing about gay wedding and totally forgot politic, economic situation, wars, rising unemployment, etc...

Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    1d 14h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I'm in Canada, also. People generally don't have problems with it. Heck, I have three people who are attracted to the same sex at work. My only personal dislike is if I see them making out in public or doing anything explicit (No, not holding hands) Then again, it's only fair imo because I find it gross if a boy + girl couple does that stuff. Some of my friends who are attracted to the same gender (I don't want to call them gays or anything just incase anyone is sensitive with things like that) are probably some of the coolest people i've ever met. As long as they are open minded, and also consider themselves as equal to anyone else (And not demanding any special rights; not saying they all do, I am saying that there are some out there who think that way). Other than that, I don't really have a problem with who you are attracted to and what sex they are.

But since I am young my viewpoints aren't anywhere close to traditional, nor am I religious, I don't see anything wrong with being attracted to the same sex. It may not be the "ideal" type of relationship in people's heads, but it doesn't necessarily mean it's wrong. If people feel right about being what they, then that's their reality and it's not "wrong".

Traditions and religions, I find, are the hardest thing to over come. Since those are hammered into people's beliefs/life styles since long before we existed it can be hard for people to be open minded about different things. I just don't think it's a big enough deal to spend so much effort trying to argue against it, or stop any sort of gay marriage.
    Last edited by Beann; 03-08-2013 at 12:23 AM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Beann For This Useful Post:

Luv (03-09-2013)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    1h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Hi my name is Wolf and I'm a homosexual.

My mom hates it because "Jesus" says so but that's bullshit.
    The bible says nothing specifically about being gay...

LOL. *howls*

Thanks
    DL/UL
    228/0
    Mentioned
    394 times
    Time Online
    71d 6h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    24m
    I think is that everyone has the freedom to choose their sexual preference, I do not like is that there are very crafty homosexuals. Im from Mexico, and not all the people have tolerance about it, but all of them have rights as the normal people

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    8d 6h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by metaldroga View Post
    I think is that everyone has the freedom to choose their sexual preference, I do not like is that there are very crafty homosexuals. Im from Mexico, and not all the people have tolerance about it, but all of them have rights as the normal people
    It's very interesting to see how they are seen in different countries, thanks all for sharing your experience and point of view (;
    It's almost the same everywhere, hopefully in the majority of the world the death penalty is abolished.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    5h 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Massachusetts has had gay marriage legalized for pretty long time, so its generally accepted at this point.
    Personally I'm all for it! One of those basic human rights regardless of your sexuality, ya know?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    343 times
    Time Online
    287d 1h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 38m
    I have no problem with it as long as they don't shove it in my face.

On a more serious note - hey - it's your call what do wanna do with your life and as long as it doesn't have too much of a negative impact on other people or society then I have no problem what you do.

Here in the UK it is widely accepted, however as with all places there are those who do not agree with it and those who actively campaign against it.

I have gay friends and colleagues and whilst I can never understand it fully I don't dislike someone based on their sexuality.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    16/0
    Mentioned
    1,992 times
    Time Online
    279d 19h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 35m
    I love how everyone here is on the same wavelength.
    Like I always say, live and let live.
    Change takes time, but this change is happening rapidly. Only 30 years ago homosexuality was considered a mental illness.
    Its such a good thing, people are far more aware of the world around them

Hello I am retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Serrah
    Why would I need to buy from anyone else anyways? You're practically walmart
    (you need an account to see links) || (you need an account to see links)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Drizzy For This Useful Post:

Maki (03-13-2013)