20/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    4d 11h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m

Battle Dome tips?

Okay, so I've never really even bothered with the Battle Dome; and since I have a noob-ish account, my neopet is quite weak, and I can't search the pound for one with decent stats.
    My Pet's current stats
    Health:15~
    Attack:10~
    Defence:10~
    Agility:20~
    Intelligence:50~
    Level:below 10 P:
    I don't even know what weapons and stuff to use. \:
    Halitosis, and Bandage are the abilities I use, and it's a Krawk.
    I only have 200k~ in my bank, so not much to fund a decent equipment set, anyway.
    So, do I have a chance at the plot, or am I screwed?
    Last edited by Iemier; 03-04-2013 at 04:51 AM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1,368 times
    Time Online
    131d 12h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    Well, unless the plot releases puzzle components for points, you're pretty screwed.

I'd be surprised if you can even survive the current wave of challengers (wave 2) with that pet. (might want to edit your pet stats to a range, to lessen the odds of a TNT lurker finding you)

If you still want to train your pet, you should go for the 20 str/def boost, maybe even 35. But absolutely train your str/def to 13, as that's your next boost (which is just 1 pt. away from your current pet stats!). Agility is only important if it's >200, anything under is useless. And Intel is only useful if >500 and for a few weapons which cost millions each. So only train HP, Str, and Def.

I wouldn't worry about that 200k, with the downloads here, it'll quickly and easily skyrocket at least a few hundred k a week. Even playing legit for 10-15 minutes a day will earn you ~20k.

With your current pet stats and budget, you should be using:

-2x Scroll of Knowledge as your constant attackers. Or 2x Ridiculously Heavy Battle Hammer if you're a real cheapskate (SoK does 11 icons, RHBH does 9)
    -Red Scorchstone as your healer (20 HP + overheal, which will help your pet's low HP a lot)
    -Downsize! as a once-per-battle 50% damage blocker
    -Altadorian Swordbreaker is a cheap shield that blocks 100% Physical, while doing a bit of damage itself***
    -Parasol of Unfortunate Demise is a cheap shield that blocks 100% Light***
    -Last 2 slots, you could invest in cheap single-use Muffins which do 15 icons each, or other 9 to 10 icon constants (just in case what you have already gets blocked)

*** = I would check Jellyneo's iDB or TDN's Battlepedia on the 1st wave and 2nd wave challengers' weapons to see if they even have any weapons that would do significant amounts of Physical or Light icons. If they don't, those 2 defense weapons are also useless and I'd throw in more Muffins in their places.

-At your budget and pet stats, you can't afford any "Bomb" or "Freezer" type weapons of usefulness.
    -If anyone tells you to buy a shield weapon that doesn't block 100%, ignore them. Your defense stat is too low for it to have any effect.

Overall, I would try to max out your plot wins in the 1st and 2nd waves. Maybe 3rd wave if you can beat them when they're released later this week. Just don't expect to get any further than that and hang up your fighting with that pet. Hope there are more ways to get plot points than just BDing, hey?
    Last edited by Mod; 03-04-2013 at 04:43 AM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod For This Useful Post:

Iemier (03-04-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    87/0
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    4d 12h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Get Scroll of Knowledge x2 and a freezer for weapons..

You need to train your pet more..

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    4d 11h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    @(you need an account to see links)
    Thanks, I'll try and see what I can do with what I've got & what I can get, and will post if I was able to not die.