Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    8d 6h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m

Lab training.

Hi,

Do you think it's worth training a lab pet ?
    Level 90-100
    HP 350-360
    Strength 155-165
    Defense 45-50

I'm like training level only (obviously) but is it really worth it or should I stop training and focus on my other starter BD pet (around 200 HSD, even) ? Or sell my soul to buy armoured neegs ? D;

And could you please suggest me some weapons ? I have a budget between 3,5-4 Mil.

Any help is appreciated ^_^
    Last edited by Luv; 03-03-2013 at 06:53 AM.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    8h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    With your budget it would take time.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    8d 6h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by Donky View Post
    With your budget it would take time.
    Well I thought there were some "not-so-expensive" weapons around 3,5M that would be quite effective D:

Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    8h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    well go with ylanas blasters, honey pot, if you have a lupe you can use cheaper freezer ancient lupe wand

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    43/0
    Mentioned
    79 times
    Time Online
    17d 20h 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    just go with the lab atm since you've already invested in it.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    8d 6h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by yamakracker View Post
    just go with the lab atm since you've already invested in it.
    Lab training is interesting but it makes me lose some stats I paid codestones for x.x
    DILEMMA

Quote Originally Posted by Donky
    well go with ylanas blasters, honey pot, if you have a lupe you can use cheaper freezer ancient lupe wand.
    I've heard about honey potions, will try this, thanks Donky.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    8h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    No problem goodluck with your battling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Luv View Post
    Lab training is interesting but it makes me lose some stats I paid codestones for x.x
    DILEMMA

I've heard about honey potions, will try this, thanks Donky.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    59 times
    Time Online
    13d 1h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Freezers are useless unless you have a Bomb to use with it.. even then 2 strong constants would be a better choice imo, and honey potion isn't even worth it for a bit more you can just get a 13 or 14 icon constant which is better overall compared to 15 icons for 1 turn

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Kite For This Useful Post:

Luv (03-03-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1,368 times
    Time Online
    131d 12h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    @(you need an account to see links)

You want to beef up your pet now for the plot? Or train it out for the future?

If only for plot, it's too late to Codestone train it to make a difference; it'll be over within a month (of which the last week or two's challengers will be too tough for your pet anyways). Just keep zapping your pet for the quick rewards. Your 200 HSD pet is too weak to make a diff now too.

Basic Lab rat strategy with high HP and STR: just tank hits and smash every battle. Forget defense and shield blocking (your def is too low that it'd be detrimental).

---

If you want to train it out for the future, continue zapping your pet until it's ~450 HP (don't exceed 500, or you'll have to pay more) and train level up to 250. Red Codestones are dirt cheap now, so getting your level up to use the Ninja Training is most time and cost efficient in the long-run. Once you get there, you can train and balance out your Str and Def. Note this will take over a year even if you train your pet vigorously every day.

---

The question of BD set help for ~4m has popped up frequently here in the past few weeks, so I'll just paste what I said before and make a few changes:

Quote Originally Posted by Mod View Post
    1. 2 constants:

13 iconers - Ylanas Blaster, Brynns Sword, Altador Cup Throwing Star, Wand of Reality, Bow of Destiny
    Dual Duty (attack and defend icons) - Rusty Pitchfork (5 physical), Hanso Charisma Charm (100% dark)

1 Healer - Greater Healing Scroll (50 HP/no overheal), Green Scorchstone (40 HP, overheal), species healers: Kacheek, Elephante, Gelert (50-66% heal, dep. species / need to morph your pet, but it's the most effective heal for mid-budget)
    1 Blocker - Downsize!

Last 2 slots is your choice of: 3rd constant, good shield, stealer, 2nd shield.

Good shields in your budget could be: Altadorian Swordbreaker (100% Physical), Parasol of Unfortunate Demise (100% light), Leaf Shield, Royal Blue Cape (highly recommended), Patched Magic Hat, Sophies Magic Hat

-You don't really need a 3rd constant for 1P, though it would be safe, just in case a challenger shows up with a shield to block your 2 main constants.
    -Only get a shield if your defense stat is at least at the 85 boost, they're useless otherwise.
    ^There are only 6 slots used in the arrangement above, so the other 2 slots are also up to you. I previously suggested a 50% freezer and Honey Potion as a bomb, but thinking about it with insight from @(you need an account to see links), realized it was a waste of time and space, given the best freezer in your budget may not even freeze half the time.

Honey Potion is pointless if your constants are the 13-iconers, since HP only does 13-16 icons anyways.

If you still want to put in a defense weapon or two, for your def stat, only go for the 100% shields you can afford. The icon-shields will do squat.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod For This Useful Post:

Luv (03-03-2013)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    1d 16h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    For the plot, you're not going to get your lab rat up much but overall, it could save you a lot of effort. Just keep zapping and eventually it'll get nice and big. But definitely do what Mod said-- if you ever want a hope of having your pet be even or at the very least trainable, you're going to want to train level constantly now while codestones are cheap and then it'll be a lot easier to even out later.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Jacqui For This Useful Post:

Luv (03-03-2013)