Thanks
    Mentioned
    1,368 times
    Time Online
    131d 12h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    Quote Originally Posted by btmad View Post
    Because in theory, religion itself is meant to be good and holy and just but the reality is, it restricts human development.
    GG.

---

I'm not for or against religion, in my opinion, it all depends on what the person does in their lifetime that matters. If an individual is shaped to be a good person in life because of his/her religion's practices, then that's good. If they're a good person without a religion just because, that's better; because they did it of free will, but I won't rag on the followers. Good's good, 'nuff said 'bout that.

Being alive and mortal, it's up to the people themselves to know how far to go in their religion and how far to push it on others. I've known of modern, understanding and free thinking Muslims that allow their children freedoms like every other kid. I also know of strict Muslims that uphold eveything to the tip and will go to extremes to thrash their own kids for disobeying it, like @(you need an account to see links)'s example.

I'll finish my thought in saying that I believe the most important thing an individual should be concerned about is being a good person in their lifetime regardless of religious belief, because if there was an afterlife, wouldn't their awesome Gods be understanding and welcome them for their selfless actions anyways?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod For This Useful Post:

Drizzy (03-05-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    1,100 times
    Time Online
    43d 11h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    I travel fairly heavily. One of of the most interesting things you learn is that people are people. In every location and every religion, demographic, ect there a nicer people and not so nice people. One terrible issue the us has is that it focuses heavily upon the negatives in things. The media feeds upon negativity in race, culture, whatever. So I will respond to this thread the same way I would respond to any thread about any group, religion, or race. Most of them are perfectly great people who believe what they want and go about their day just fine. They breathe the same air and drink the same water as you. But as always there are individuals in each demographic that reflect negatively upon the group as a whole. It's quite a shame that those individuals are able to draw so much negative attention but they are. That pretty much sums it up.

Tl;dr: people are people. Some good some bad.
    [9/3/12 11:11:58 PM] Joanna: sigh
    [9/3/12 11:12:14 PM] Joanna: john
    [9/3/12 11:12:16 PM] Joanna: is
    [9/3/12 11:12:17 PM] Joanna: perfect