Thread: BD help, +rep for help, if I can!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    336 times
    Time Online
    47d 12h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m

BD help, +rep for help, if I can!

I've basically never set foot in the battledome except do get the avatars up to the Black Pteri.

And even then it was a lot of clicking.

Anyways, what I'm here to ask are a few questions, if I could possibly get some answers?

1. Looking for a decent BD set for the plot. I have ~4 mill to work with, or at least, that's all I'm willing to spend on a set.

2. My BD pets stats are:

Lvl : 30
    Str : 47
    Def : 49
    Mov : 26
    Hp : 48 / 48

I'm training her constantly. When should I start focusing on something specific, if at all, or shall I stay even?

3. I wanna beat the Space Faerie....when would a good HSD for her be adequate to defeat her w/ a good battledome set (the one mentioned above)?

4. Erm...instead of randomly choosing things and clicking battle, what am I doing there? xD *noob*

5. (and the last) Faerie abilities.......omg idk what to do at all here either.

DONE, HALP.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    20 times
    Time Online
    18d 8h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    set:

sloth battleduck
    scroll of knowledge
    golden compass
    rusty pitchfork
    leaf shield
    scroll of freezing
    blue scorchstone
    downsize!

2. If you think you can make it to the next boost in time, then keep training even, otherwise train hp.

3. space faerie and a regular battledome set are two different matters. i recommend having 125 str boost and around 200 hp, but people have beat her with lower. and set wise prickly potions are a must, as well as thick smoke bomb.
    with the new abilities get lens flare and icicle, they'll be useful!

4. ermmmm.

5. guide to what they do at the moment here: (you need an account to see links)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Haku For This Useful Post:

Batgirl (02-24-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1,368 times
    Time Online
    131d 12h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    1. 2 constants:

13 iconers - Ylanas Blaster, Brynns Sword, Altador Cup Throwing Star, Wand of Reality, Bow of Destiny
    Dual Duty (attack and defend icons) - Rusty Pitchfork (5 physical), Hanso Charisma Charm (100% dark)

Take your pick.

1 Bomb - Honey Potion (forget this if your constants are 13+ iconers)
    1 Freezer - Randomly Firing Freeze Ray (50% freeze)
    1 Healer - Greater Healing Scroll (50 HP/no overheal), Green Scorchstone (40 HP, overheal), species healers: Kacheek, Elephante, Gelert (50-66% heal, dep. species / need to morph your pet, but it's the most effective heal for mid-budget)
    1 Blocker - Downsize!

Last 2 slots is your choice of: 3rd constant, good shield, stealer, 2nd shield.

Good shields in your budget could be: Altadorian Swordbreaker (100% Physical), Parasol of Unfortunate Demise (100% light), Leaf Shield, Royal Blue Cape (highly recommended), Patched Magic Hat, Sophies Magic Hat

-You don't really need a 3rd constant for 1P, though it would be safe, just in case a challenger shows up with a shield to block your 2 main constants.
    -Only get a shield if your defense stat is at least at the 85 boost, they're useless otherwise.

2. The BD stat boosts are 55, 85, 125, 200, and every 50 after that. Stat numbers in-between have no effect. Thus ensure your STR and DEF meet at least those numbers.
    Don't waste time going balanced training, train the stat closer to its next boost first. Though STR is more important than DEF as you use it in attacking, so you may want to hit the highest boost you want to first in STR. And don't forget HP too.

Only stop and re-balance your stats when you're about to hit the next tier of training cost, give yourself ~5 stat points as leeway in case you get a random quest or stat-increasing random event.

3. Space Faerie will be harder to beat in the new BD, meaning you'll need higher stats than what @(you need an account to see links) said. With a 13 icon set, you'll need to be at least 200 STR and 200+ HP, and some luck (prefer 250+ S+H). Prickly Potion and other weapons that use the opponent's STR boost are broken in the new BD currently, as the reason why. Thick Smoke Bomb blocks all icons, but is single-use, so be wary of that.

4. The new BD is as simple as the old one.

Select your challenger: the faces represent difficulty (HP increase, really) of the 1P challenger. The only difference between difficulties is the amount of NP you win, but that is negligible, like 50 NP in green-face to 300 NP in red-face. Prize drops are unaffected by difficulty. Pick green-face for the easiest fight.

When in battle: select your 2 weapons from your 2 weapon boxes, and your ability from the ability slot, if you've learned any yet. Then hit "Battle" to execute your actions.
    The circular arrow button above the "Battle" button repeats your last action for show (no effect), and the FF button skips the useless pet-fighting animations for your current action.

5. See the link Haku provided above.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod For This Useful Post:

Batgirl (02-24-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    164 times
    Time Online
    15d 11h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Your next str & def boost is 55. Your level's already sufficient to make it there, so aim for that. The next boost after that is 85, which unless you wanted to increase your budget a whole lot, you don't probably have time to train to before war starts. Train Str & Def to 55 and then train HP.

The set Haku listed off would suffice, except I would reccommend strongly against scroll of freezing since it's so very fragile. It often breaks after only 1 or 2 uses. You might also consider substituting Greater Healing Scroll or Helm of recovery instead of the blue scorchstone. Each of these heal 50 vs the scorchstone's 30, but I'm guessing price is your biggest concern. Without a bomb such as RCG, Gbomb, etc, there's not a whole lot of point in investing in a freezer. You'll come out further ahead by dishing out more damage than by using the freezer since you can't afford a non-breakable 100% freezer with this budget.

Instead of randomly clicking weapons, learn what each opponent has in their set, and try to click what you think will either outpower (out damage) them, or what will defend most effectively against what you know they have. Fight them a few times and learn their movesets (what weapons they use together each turn) and try to incorporate that into your strategy. If you know an opponent does a lot of dark icons, like Sidney, or Black Pteri, look for something that blocks or reflects those weapons (like HCC) or something that deals more damage than they can.

It's really a shame you can't add a little more on top of thaqt 4 mil, bbecause an everlasting crystal apple would be great for that pet. It multi-heals 30 hp each round.

For space faerie, don't even bother unless you have a set specifically designed for her, or at least the stats Haku mentioned, 125 boosts & 200+ HP. (IDEK if reflection is working properly yet in the beta BD, so prickly potions etc might not be much help RN.

For faerie abilities, I'm not even bothering with them until they release the stronger faeries. It's more profitable right now to sell off the ones I get as prizes from battle-farming each day than it is to use them to get the abilities because the faeries are all hyper-inflated right now, especially the useful ones. If you get em free from the BD, that's one thing I guess, and it's your option, but For your pet's level, you're better off just selling whatever faeries you get and dumping that np into training or weapons.

On a side note, you might want to edit your pet's stats into a small range instead of their exact stats, which can make your pet much easier to find.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Death For This Useful Post:

Batgirl (02-24-2013),Mod (02-24-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1,368 times
    Time Online
    131d 12h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    I also agree with @(you need an account to see links), about foregoing the freezer and bomb at your current budget.

If RFFR (the one I mentioned, and best in your budget) only has a 50% freeze chance, you'll have already wasted at least weapon slot and turn to freeze, maybe a couple more; and no strong bombs available means just smashing with your constants every turn is more effective.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    20 times
    Time Online
    18d 8h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    @(you need an account to see links) - there's lens flare now so i don't think 200 str is really necessary.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1,368 times
    Time Online
    131d 12h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    Lens Flare is OPB though.

The Space Faerie at lowest difficulty will still be fighting at 450-550 (I never checked) HP and 450 STR boost, LF will only block 1 turn.
    Assuming you do 26 icons a turn and she averages 10 on minimum, she will still outlast you overall.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    336 times
    Time Online
    47d 12h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Thanks guys
    I'm gonna have to sit here and sift through all of this, it may take awhile to get through my thick skull xD
    Quote Originally Posted by Mondale View Post

On a side note, you might want to edit your pet's stats into a small range instead of their exact stats, which can make your pet much easier to find.
    Her stats have increased rather quickly and differently since I oddly get a lot of faerie quests, so those aren't even them anymore xD
    Although I would find it tedious to try and find her o.o