Uploads
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Time Online
    3 d 16 h 36 m
    Avg. Time Online
    2 m

Proxy Use? +Rep

So I before I start, if you take the time to help me and its valuable info, I never hesitate to give rep as many on the forums will attest to

Now, I posted a few days ago that my vpn was killing my attic ab times. My buy times are all 700+ and it breaks my heart to see what I am missing because of it. I assume that proxies are faster? Do I need to set the proxy to my browser in order to use it on attic ab as well (I know that you type it in the box and check it off, but since screenies are taken I assume that it uses browser as well so I should probably have that configd to proxy as well?)?

Finally, what is a good paid proxy service so i do not have to worry about any of you other derelicts getting me chain iced lol

I use chrome btw so foxy proxy may not be ideal

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,255 Times in 692 Posts

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    464 Post(s)
    Time Online
    70 d 14 h 40 m
    Avg. Time Online
    56 m
    I don't believe you have to change any browser settings for these programs when there is a proxy box in the program itself. It's doing the routing for you there. @raredaredevil or @InfamousJoe feel free to correct me.

For the actual proxies. I buy shared proxies. Most of the people on there use them for SEO crap, not neopets, so I'm not worried about being frozen from someone else's failure. This mitigates some of the cost, and the ones I've gotten are just as fast as private proxies.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to wrath For This Useful Post:

allstarhunk69 (02-24-2013)

Banned
    NYC
    Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Time Online
    3 d 16 h 36 m
    Avg. Time Online
    2 m
    How do I buy shared proxies?

Banned
    Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    464 Post(s)
    Time Online
    70 d 14 h 40 m
    Avg. Time Online
    56 m
    I use these folks:

I wanted to make sure the IP's weren't going to change on me every other week as some providers do because people want different features. The guy assured me the IP's would be mine as long as I needed and messaged me back within like 5 hours. I thought that was cool. Some of the other dealings I've had are 2-5 day turn around for them to get back to you.

Banned
    NYC
    Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Time Online
    3 d 16 h 36 m
    Avg. Time Online
    2 m
    You find the speed good enough for abing purposes? I guess that site sounds good I just need confirmation from joe on whether or not i need to use proxy in browswer when using attic ab (since it takes screenies) and then im good to go

Banned
    Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    464 Post(s)
    Time Online
    70 d 14 h 40 m
    Avg. Time Online
    56 m
    I use mine for SS and I haven't had any issues there. I can't say for ABing because I don't do AB at all.

Banned
    90 90
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,877 Times in 1,139 Posts

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    562 Post(s)
    Time Online
    118 d 6 h 45 m
    Avg. Time Online
    1 h 30 m
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DarkByt3 PSN ID: raredaredevil
    Proxys wont make you faster , your connection still sends a request out to the proxy , then the proxy gets the page for you and sends it back to your browser. So your connection is still going out and talking to a server somewhere just like if you connected without one. Because another computer made the request for you , you stay hidden (your pc only talks to the proxy) thats the only benefit to proxys. Unless setting up a localhost one but thats another field , not for speed.

Personally I rent a vps server owned by a webhosting company. This is a pc I can run my own programs on but as its in a hosting server it has a connection probably 100x better than anything you have at home . A linux server cost about 20$ a month , so u must make at least 10 mill per server per month to be profitable. A wndows server is about double that price as windows uses alot more cpu/memory ect.

Linux server you connect through ssh and everything is textbased , windows you can just remote desktop into then control it like a pc you are sat in front of. As most programs are made for windows servers , a windows server would be easiest for none coders. But if you are a programmer , defiantly go the linux route and use python.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to DarkByte For This Useful Post:

wrath (02-24-2013)

Banned
    NYC
    Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Time Online
    3 d 16 h 36 m
    Avg. Time Online
    2 m
    Quote Originally Posted by raredaredevil View Post
    Proxys wont make you faster , your connection still sends a request out to the proxy , then the proxy gets the page for you and sends it back to your browser. So your connection is still going out and talking to a server somewhere just like if you connected without one. Because another computer made the request for you , you stay hidden (your pc only talks to the proxy) thats the only benefit to proxys. Unless setting up a localhost one but thats another field , not for speed.

Personally I rent a vps server owned by a webhosting company. This is a pc I can run my own programs on but as its in a hosting server it has a connection probably 100x better than anything you have at home . A linux server cost about 20$ a month , so u must make at least 10 mill per server per month to be profitable. A wndows server is about double that price as windows uses alot more cpu/memory ect.

Linux server you connect through ssh and everything is textbased , windows you can just remote desktop into then control it like a pc you are sat in front of. As most programs are made for windows servers , a windows server would be easiest for none coders. But if you are a programmer , defiantly go the linux route and use python.

How about the whole do I have to insert whatever proxy I were to use into my browser AS WELL as the attic buyer program since the ab takes screenies etc?

Banned
    90 90
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,877 Times in 1,139 Posts

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    562 Post(s)
    Time Online
    118 d 6 h 45 m
    Avg. Time Online
    1 h 30 m
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DarkByt3 PSN ID: raredaredevil
    If you want to remain truely hidden yes. But in my experience proxys are slow.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to DarkByte For This Useful Post:

wrath (02-24-2013)

Banned
    Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    464 Post(s)
    Time Online
    70 d 14 h 40 m
    Avg. Time Online
    56 m
    I don't think starting off he's going to have the $$ flow or the income thereafter to support a VPS, but I may be wrong. I forgot about VPS's. You always bring some new perspective to my cheating life Rare.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast