2/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    3d 5h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m

Excuses for new pet?

So my friend is very interested in buying her dream pet. However, she's also a fairly well known user with several UCs, in an active guild, and active on the boards. She's also well known for always seeking out that dream pet.

She's terrified that if she buys her dream pet, her friends will question her and ultimately she'll get frozen. Also she wants the pet on her main on not just on a random shell.

So what are some excuses that you've used when people ask you where you got your pet from? Especially if they check the cache and see it came off a long long ago account?

I'll plus rep if you give a good excuse that she likes?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    16/0
    Mentioned
    467 times
    Time Online
    29d 9h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    I had a friend tell me she met someone in a grocery store that stopped and asked if she still plays neo because of her massive wad of keychains on her purse...
    When she said "Yes, all the time!", they asked her if she wanted a ______, and then said to give them her username and they'd send her the pet that afternoon.

3. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Toasted For This Useful Post:

Desu (02-23-2013),M.V.P (02-25-2013),Maison (02-23-2013),Miri (02-25-2013),Nath (02-23-2013),utahclock (02-24-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    3d 5h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Well then xD I'll let her know she should walk around with lots of Neopets Key Chains. But yeah, not sure how well that'll fly with most people ^x^'

Pronouns
    minty/fresh
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    54/0
    Mentioned
    1,231 times
    Time Online
    340d 22h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 59m
    Quote Originally Posted by Desu View Post
    Well then xD I'll let her know she should walk around with lots of Neopets Key Chains. But yeah, not sure how well that'll fly with most people ^x^'
    Honestly, for such an active account, more effort should be used to cover an excuse. A plan I came up with is...

- Buy the UC, but have her wait a month(makes sense- transfers get renewed every month)
    - and in that month, spice up the account its on/wait for the cache to update
    - OR, move the UC over to a [semi] main (that appears like a good personal account) and wait a month for the cache of the pet to update.

You can pass off the account as a good mutual friend who's a bit inactive, and quitting.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Maki For This Useful Post:

Desu (02-24-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    3d 5h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Thanks Mint ^u^ +rep'd for your answer.

Pronouns
    minty/fresh
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    54/0
    Mentioned
    1,231 times
    Time Online
    340d 22h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 59m
    No problem! :3 Good luck!

Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    1d 14h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Or to add on to Mint's suggestion, I was going to say, play the other account off as someone else, and then have your friend tell people about how she MIGHT be able to acquire a pet from so and so circumstances (made up). Make it seem like someone is really getting rid of it, like a close friend because it will be obvious that she did no exchange for it. Unless she can also fake a "legit" trade and just say she traded for it!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    32/0
    Mentioned
    87 times
    Time Online
    42d 17h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    This is gonna be long because it's 5 AM and i'm procrastinating and fooling people on neopets used to be my favourite thing (plus purge chatters are crazy violent angry mass-reporting stalkers)

If it's a high end pet (and, like, I'm talking lots of money here):

First thing you do is wait for the cache to clear. It varies. Sometimes it takes a week, sometimes it takes a month. Also, ask the person buying to google the petname to make sure there isn't any really, really obvious evidence against you. You never know. It's best that the cache clears and shows a pet that is spiced up on the right account. Make it look used.

I used to always splurge on a RW/RN/BD (this was before the most recent purge, IDK how prices are now) and it'd always end up meaning I'd have to pay 30 dollars, but it was worth it because these pets were higher end. Back then the names weren't really in demand for $$ so idk, I got some nice names. IDK if this will work anymore because idk how REALLY nice pet names got affected by the purge in terms of value, but examples would be like... short names like Grace or something, idk. i made that off the top of my head.

Then I'd have said RW/RN on a shell and no one would ever even notice. I honestly have no idea why, but it's probably because I just used one account and I didn't advertise what my shells were/no one knew what they were/always kept old pets on there. I had one account with just names so I guess maybe that's why no one ever asked. If someone did ask I guess you can play it off like a friend (from a different "clique") gave it to you.

I'd start advertising it on the PC along my other pets and it'd be in the background and one day or so, I'd move it to my main and fancy it up a bit. Simultaneously, I'd have a good semi-main "shell" with the higher end pet and I would make sure that people saw me with it and pretend I was a different person, someone who wasn't active on the PC at all or anything like that. .

Then I would simply trade after a while. Most of the RW/RNs that traded for higher end pets were probably me. And the PC was pretty dumb enough to believe that such trades were usually possible. Yeah, it probably took more effort than necessary (and I had to wait a few weeks) but I never got caught and no one ever called me out. This was important because even though I never posted in the purge chat THAT often, a lot of people there knew me/were friends with me and most of them were crazy or friends with someone crazy.

IDK why I'm spending so much time writing this post, but I think the funnest part about getting a new pet was finding out how to get it on my account without everyone on neopets noticing and proceeding to call me out on it, lol.

Technically you could just put the pet in question on a shell, and pretend to be another person and become BFFLs with yourself and then "give" it to yourself, that's probably the easiest way but I was always too paranoid of the people around me because they were always... very obsessive and VERY suspicious, even of each other, they pretty much stalked every pet on the site lol. I remember them freaking out after an inactive account went "active" again and mass reporting the account, it was srsly retarded.

It was fun to skew the PC's popular opinion. But it's too much work and now I'd just put it on my account and let people ask questions w/o answering them :-)

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to oventoast For This Useful Post:

Desu (02-25-2013),Miri (02-25-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    59 times
    Time Online
    13d 1h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Yup everyone else that posted have pretty much explained the safest way to go about it, but if someone honestly is really questioning you just tell them you traded a RW/RN from a side or a friend traded for it to gift to you since they're quitting etc. explanations are easy to come up with since TNT usually tries to stay away from NC/Pet Trading as much as possible.. I mean unless someone actually ends up being hurt. Buying pets is win win in my opinion everyone gets what they want, TNT is stupid for not doing it themselves There's hundreds if not thousands of desirable pets that are Frozen, Stuck, or Gwenned and if they had a Unconverting service as well they would be grabbing cash by the armful, at least for a little while~

Absolutely wait for Caches to refresh or be cleared before moving the pet between accounts though. Number 1 Rule!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    3d 5h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Ah oventoast that's hilarious! I was a pretty big PC lurker back in the day and I was pretty amazed at how some Rn/Rws were trading for insane pets lolol. Nice job. Kudos to you.

+rep'd ^U^

Also very helpful. Seriously.