Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What did you think of cheaters before you became one?

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1,368 times
    Time Online
    131d 12h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    Quote Originally Posted by tchaikovsky View Post
    The only cheaters I didn't like were the ones that were too young and too rich. I could appreciate people that would start re-using accounts with SuAPs on them and stuff, but seeing a 15 month cocky piece of shit selling a Mskull or whatever was just annoying.
    My sentiments entirely. Some rando never seen before just waltzes into BDC like he's the shit, telling the typical lame BDC jokes like Sparkshooters and "too poor" comments. Then he's an instant superstar as the broke players rub up to him, while the other rich egoists invite him into their circle, repeating aforementioned lame BDC jokes.

Quote Originally Posted by nayfeee View Post
    I started making fake login pages about 11-12 years ago when I was about 13....I can't remember not being a cheater in one way or another

Hosted them on geocities for free whilst refreshing my inbox waiting for it to fill with passwords.

Granted I had no idea how to secure the stuff and lost it all, but it was all for the thrill of being in someone's acct lol.
    That Faerie Aisha with the sign was the biggest con artist in the old days.

I never fell for the fake logins, though I came close once. Back when you could code fake items to show up on the Shop Wiz, I got desperate one night when I saw a Baby PB for 95k. Clicked it, got 'logout'. Hit back button, click again, 'logout'. After the second time I had everything typed and was about to click "Login" when I looked at the URL in the last second.

Curious to know, how many people actually fell for it, from your experience?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    343 times
    Time Online
    287d 1h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 38m
    @(you need an account to see links) I literally had hundreds fall for it.

What I would do was to edit my shop to look like a "normal" shop front with some cheap codestones or scratchcards. To click them would take you to my login page.

Then I'd actually put those items in my shop as bait so it appeared on the wiz.

After a while that GeoCities acct would be banned and I'd just set up a new one!

It wasn't just noobs that fell for it either, I had some BDers from back in the day end up in my inbox quite often and plenty of decent accounts.

Shame that I didn't know about proxies etc until a few years later,but like I said it was more about the actual process than the rewards for me back then. That's how I developed my liking for html and css etc. which has benefited me in life today as it's a portion of what I do for my job and hobbies

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Nath For This Useful Post:

Mod (02-23-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1,368 times
    Time Online
    131d 12h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    @(you need an account to see links)

Excellent, that was inspiring. Experience from cheating in a game as a kid to maturation into a job, a decade later. If only all childhood whims could become productive in adulthood.
    ---

It reminds me of way back on my very first main (frozen in 2002), I had a brief stint of scamming others. Though I asked for a friend's opinion and in his conscience, he said something like, "No, that's not scamming. It's just others lacking diligence in their own actions" (minus the vocabulary - we were in Jr. High).

What I did was set my shop background and layout to all-black or all-white, hiding the item prices. Then throw Codestones and Faeries in there for 1-500 NP, then changing prices to 10-30k immediately afterwards. They didn't have a price change notice like now, and could pretty much code any HTML into a shop.

Like you, hundreds fell for it, I was raking in 250-400k a day (back when things like TTears were 2m). I would get angry mails from noobs and my accounts would get frozen, but I'd already have moved my winnings to my main by then and just start with another account. Being a dumb kid, I didn't realize how easily TNT could trace things to my main or know how to secure stuff. After about my 10th shell freeze, they finally got my main.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    343 times
    Time Online
    287d 1h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 38m
    @(you need an account to see links) the simplest ways were always the best, and always the worst (for getting caught lol). I think I probably fell for your price switch scam a few times !

Another scam I was involved in with a team of friends was very fun. We'd find a junk item that was around R96-r99 or similar. It had to be close to UB, and less than say 30-40 on the SW and trades.

We'd basically buy all the ones we could find, then on our mains we'd put one each in trades asking ridiculous prices of say 10m.

Then on our sides we'd trawl the newest 20 trades offering the item on anything from 500k items to 5m items - you'd be amazed how much we made doing that. People would just see the trade post value and auto accept!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    192/0
    Mentioned
    105 times
    Time Online
    9d 19h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Oh lord....

I never thought bad of cheaters. I was always just fascinated with how they did their stuff.

I used to spend AGES browsing MSN groups for programs that worked...'cause I didn't know about the forum scene. Then I found my first forum....and now the rest is history.

Can't see myself playing FULLY legit anymore. Too fun to fuck around with Neo

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1,368 times
    Time Online
    131d 12h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    @(you need an account to see links)

Feels as if we were trading blows as children and didn't know it!

I may have fallen for your inflation scam once or twice too, I'd often accept offers of otherwise dumb items just from their perceived worth.
    Also reminds me of auction inflation, with being able to jack up the asking on sides, back when there was no escrow function onsite.

And back when almost all r99s were buyable...damn that WoDF and IStaff for making them UBs now.

Was a simpler time. Was a more enjoyable time.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    26/0
    Mentioned
    256 times
    Time Online
    53d 13h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    18m
    I wondered "omg why do they do all of that they're gonna get frozen??"

Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    29 times
    Time Online
    15d 22h 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    I, too, thought you'd definitely get frozen right away, like with people stealing lent items.

I never fell for the link thing, I think I did once but I changed my PW right away.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    343 times
    Time Online
    287d 1h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 38m
    I had a "friend" back in the day, still plays sometimes, but he was a little older and a lot more savvy than I. He managed to secure hundreds of mil from fake logins and still has the account today, with a net worth somewhere in the 1.5-2.5 bil range due to inflation.

We ended up falling out over something or other, but I was only a kid and I should have tried to learn more from him instead of wasting my time losing everything