Thread: PS4 will not have backward game capacity?

Thanks
    DL/UL
    28/0
    Mentioned
    171 times
    Time Online
    15d 13h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m

PS4 will not have backward game capacity?

yes i made a title fail.. oops

By Jeff Somogyi, dealnews Media Editor
    Last night, Sony held an event to announce its upcoming PlayStation 4 console. Outside of several big hardware upgrades (like an 8-core x86 CPU and 8GB RAM replacing the current-gen's proprietary chip and 512MB of memory), the major focus was on how the next-gen device is going to be more of an entertainment hub, with a distinct slant towards social and sharing features. Now, along with streaming movies and music, you can interact with friends by sharing live video of your in-game play and connect with Facebook directly through the console. Another big feature is the ability to stream a game from the console to a PSP Vita.

Sony also upgraded the controller. Called DualShock 4, the new handheld includes a small touchpad and a "share" button that will give you immediate access to the new live streaming features of the console. It also acts as a PlayStation Move controller, so there will no longer be a need to have a second "wand" to interact with the games that require one.

Proving that you can never have everything you want, Sony says that there will be no native backwards compatibility with PS3 games; however, PlayStation Cloud will give you access to a library of old games that you can play via streaming from their servers. Sony was overall vague with the details; it is unclear how it's all going to work or even how many titles will be available to play through the service.

Glaringly not mentioned at the event: how much the new console will cost, nor what it will look like. Further, the only availability date given was "Holiday 2013." These points are surely important to the consumer, and though Sony has chosen to withhold such information thus far, we wonder if the lack of such specifics will hurt or help the marketing of this latest gen console. Tell us what you think about the PS4 announcement by answering our short poll:[COLOR="Silver"]

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1,368 times
    Time Online
    131d 12h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    Ah well, nothing we haven't already experienced with PS3s cutting off PS1 and PS2 disc support a little after its initial release.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    435d 8h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    I heard that the new Xbox and playstation are gonna have something that ties the games your buy to your account; effectively killing the used game market.
    I think the day they do that is the day I will become content with my 360 and ps3.
    Its already a multi billion dollar industry, that change is just greed. I'm not ok with that tbh.

Doesnt look like too many improvements with the new playstation. At this point, I don't think I would ever notice a change in graphics, they need something new and they came up pretty short imo.
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

4. The Following User Says Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

M.V.P (03-02-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    4d 11h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by I_royalty_I View Post
    I heard that the new Xbox and playstation are gonna have something that ties the games your buy to your account; effectively killing the used game market.
    I think the day they do that is the day I will become content with my 360 and ps3.
    Its already a multi billion dollar industry, that change is just greed. I'm not ok with that tbh.

Doesnt look like too many improvements with the new playstation. At this point, I don't think I would ever notice a change in graphics, they need something new and they came up pretty short imo.
    Sony's PS4 can't even play disks, from one of their updates, they did say that it can play used games; so I have no idea how that'll work.

And

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Iemier For This Useful Post:

M.V.P (03-02-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    26/0
    Mentioned
    256 times
    Time Online
    53d 13h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    18m
    Obviously they're not gonna be able to play PS3 games because why would they if the PS3 is still out? Now if they cockblock PS2 and PSX..

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1,368 times
    Time Online
    131d 12h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    @(you need an account to see links)

You can already tell from the way that guy looks, that he knows how to live,