Thread: Help with optimizing training methods!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    60/2
    Mentioned
    91 times
    Time Online
    31d 8h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m

Help with optimizing training methods!

So I'm training my pet to fight in the BD (hopefully in the plot too). I just hit the 20/20 boost yesterday and I'm hoping to get to the 35/35 boost before we have to fight anything in the plot.

I'm currently training at the island using codestones. My question is this- when is it optimal for me to start doing kitchen quests? Should I start doing them now as long as each quest costs under 12k, or should I wait until the island starts charging me 2 codestones per training session?

Also, should I bother with stat raising potions (yet)?

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1,368 times
    Time Online
    131d 12h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    Seeing as they just gave us a timer showing the war to begin in just under 7 days from now, you'll reach the 35 boost before then. Maybe even 55 before, and you can still train while the war is ongoing.

It's really subjective as to whether you should start Kitchen Quests now. If you want the fastest training, then go for it. If you want to save some NP, then hold off until you reach the 2 Codestone mark. Seeing as we're all cheaters here though, it's unlikely a few extra K will be very costly for you, right? To add to that, you can always accept quests now just to see what it'll cost you. Sometimes you'll get quests that are even cheaper than 1 Codestone.

Remember that K-quest rewards are random though. You won't always receive a stat-up, and if you do, may go to a random pet of yours (except when you have only 1).

Don't bother with stat-increaser items. The cheapest one right now is an Armoured Negg (+1 Def), which you shouldn't consider until you reach at least the 4 Codestone mark. Unless you've got a lot of $$$ to throw at your pet and get to the 750 boosts (about 73m NP for Str) asap,

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mod For This Useful Post:

txtsd (02-21-2013),zmurd (02-21-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    60/2
    Mentioned
    91 times
    Time Online
    31d 8h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    I'm making about 200k per day so I think it'll be viable. The only problem will be that if I spend on training, I might not have enough to buy gear for the BD, heh.
    I have about 1mil right now. What gear do you suggest I buy that's absolutely necessary?
    @(you need an account to see links)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1,368 times
    Time Online
    131d 12h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    At the risk of sounding like a broken record (quoting my own posts in the past few days)...

Quote Originally Posted by Mod View Post
    Generally you should have:

2 Constants

HT level: Anagrams + KBT
    mid-level: 13-iconers or dual-duties like RP and HCC
    bum-level: 9-10 icon constants, like RHBH and SoK (11 icons, but use 2 as icons too spread out and easily blocked)

1 Freezer

HT level: MMoM/FP/H4K (100% freeze)
    mid-level: RFFR (50% freeze)
    bum-level: Snowglobe Staff (less than 50% freeze), or none (I prefer none)

1 Healer

HT+ level: JSS/LEV (full heal) or RSS (80 HP + overheal - if your pet is low HP)
    HT level: BoHD (50% heal)
    mid-level: species healers/GHS/Green or Blue SS
    bum-level: LHS/Red or Bronze SS

1 Blocker

HT+ level: TTear
    HT-level: Downsize!
    mid-level: Downsize!
    bum-level: Downsize!

1 Bomb

HT level: GBomb
    mid-level: HP (forget this if your constants are 13+ icons), Rainbow Clockwork Grundo
    bum-level: 15 icon muffins (single use)

And for the last 2 slots, either: a 3rd constant, a multi-shield, a stealer, a 2nd shield. Generally you should have at least 1 good shield, but I've made it optional because a shield won't do shit if your defense stat is pitiful.

If your constants are GoW-level or above, trade the Bomb slot for another of what I mentioned above.
    As it stands, with 1M you'd be a "bum", but since you'll be getting 200k/day, you should be aiming for mid-level.
    Last edited by Mod; 02-21-2013 at 04:29 AM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod For This Useful Post:

txtsd (02-21-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    60/2
    Mentioned
    91 times
    Time Online
    31d 8h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod View Post
    At the risk of sounding like a broken record (quoting my own posts in the past few days)...

As it stands, with 1M you'd be a "bum", but since you'll be getting 200k/day, you should be aiming for mid-level.
    Ah thanks for that!