Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [GUIDE] BattleDome Training Methods Guide!

Stark & Arcadia
    Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Time Online
    28 d 16 h 30 m
    Avg. Time Online
    22 m

Lightbulb [GUIDE] BattleDome Training Methods!

Neopets sports a variety of ways to train your pet to pwn in the Battledome. This guide isn't about which stats you should train or how much you should train. This guide, instead, will show you the methods you can use to train your pets until they are powerful enough to do what you want them to do (and maybe even more)!

[==========================]
    The Swashbuckling Academy

The Swashbuckling Academy is located on Krawk Island, and it only accepts Dubloons as payment for your pets traning. Although the price is relatively cheap, the time required to finish each course can get very annoying for impatient folks. If you're funding a BD pet by ABing or some such, you can definitely afford to skip the Swashbuckling Academy and train at the Mystery Island Training School instead. If not, then stock up on Dubloons, and hold on tight, because towards the end it'll take you up to 10 LONG hours for a course to finish, which means you'll only be able train about twice a day, depending on your sleep schedule.

The maximum possible courses per week, from levels 31-40 is 16.8 considering you immediately register your pet for another course, which means you could do ~67 courses per month at the Swashbuckling Academy, compared to an amazing 240 courses per month at the Mystery Island Training School at the same levels.

If it's your pet (species) day, you get to enroll at the Swashbuckling Academy for free! Free training all day!

The Mystery Island Training School

As mentioned above, the Mystery Island Training School is relatively more expensive, but has much shorter times per course at the same levels, not nearing 10 hours until level 100, and taking only 3 hours at levels 21-40, compared to the 10 hours taken at the Swashbuckling Academy per course. The Mystery Island Training School is the place to start if you're ABing to fund your training, and if you're using an Auto Trainer. You may continue training here up to, and including, level 250.

From levels 201-250, it's going to take you 24 hours for your pet to complete its course, which is going to suck, but there are time saving (yet money draining) alternatives which we shall see later. With the average price of codestones floating between 5K-11K (Not saying these are the prices for all of them, just the averages) it'll probably cost you from 40K-88K per course at these levels, which is nothing compared to the alternative methods.

In this school, you can train your Endurance (HP) to up to 3 times your level. You should use this to your advantage to get the most out of your training, and save some NP. I'm not sure if the Auto Trainer does this.

The Secret Ninja Training School

At the Secret Ninja Training School, you can train your pets from level 250+ and guess what? The time it takes to complete a course, compared to the Mystery Island Training School, is drastically low. Now it only takes 4 hours per course from levels 250-299, and the times go up by 2 hours every 100 levels (Maxing out at 12 hours). In order to take a course here you need Red Codestones. You can almost always find these quite easily in shops and trades, or you can make them by combining the list of codestones you see at Techo Mountain. Combining these gives you a random Red Codestone, which you may or may not need at the time.

Kitchen Quests

While doing the Kitchen Quests on Mystery Island, you have approximately a 33% chance to receive a random stat boost to a random pet. It's best to do these if you only have one pet, and if the cost of the quest is less than or equal to the cost of one course at the training school of your choice. Although, if you're ABing or have NPs that you can spend, you can start questing here right off the bat!

Faerie Quests

If you recieve a Faerie Quest while surfing Neo, then make sure you do it! You will get a stat boost for one of your pets. If you're not interested in training Agility (Speed), then don't do Air Faerie quests, but I suggest doing them anyways if they're cheap. The Crafting Faerie is different in that she asks for NC items, and rewards items but NOT stat points; it's completely up to you if you want to do this or not.

Negging

Negging is the practice of feeding your pets Neggs in order to raise their stats. There are certain Neggs that are used most often with Negg training, but I will list them all here, for you to browse through.
    Remember, you can only feed your pet Neggs when it's hungry, so that limits the stats you can boost per day.
    You should figure out which stats you want to train, and which Neggs boost those stats most for the least amount of NP.

Free Training

There are various Dailies that you can do to increase your pets stats for free.
    Coltzan's Shrine can boost your stats up, and you can visit once every 12 hours.
    You can gain Levels from Deadly Dice every night from 12AM-1AM NST. But you can also lose levels, so beware.
    Turmaculus may raise your Neopets Strength by 1 point, but, he may also eat your petpet, so it's best to have a cheap one attached.
    Intelligence can be increased while making NP! You can gain Intelligence by playing Cliffhanger and the Faerie Crossword.

Lab Ray

The lab ray, if you can ever afford to acquire all the pieces of the map, is unique in that it can either decrease or increase you pets stats, change your pet's species or gender, or do nothing at all! It's totally up to you to decide if the risks are worth taking or not. Personally, I refuse because the chance to lose stats is not, at least, 4 times less than the chance to gain stats. I despise gambling
    Here are some approximations of the chances of the outcomes:

Potions/Non-Filling Items

There are a variety of potions you can use on your pet to raise their stats, and the best part is, they don't fill up your pets like Neggs do, so you can use them as often as you want! They are expensive though!

Fortune Cookies

Fortune Cookies are a relatively new type of NC item that are currently being sold in limited quantity batches at the NC Mall.
    There are a few types of Fortune Cookies, but we're only concerned with these 3:

Shrooms

Unless you're hoarding mad amounts of NP, I'd avoid training with Shrooms. They're crazy expensive because they're retired, and they're not really even worth it. That being said, the only reason I'd ever use them is for bragging rights. Here they are:

Other Items

There are a few more items that change various stats, some are Neggs that don't boost battle stats, and some are just... weird.

Disclaimer: Most of the content belongs to someone on Neopets, not me. The effort taken to format into BBcode, though, is mine.

These are all the current ways, that I know of, to train your pet.

Do let me know if I'm missing anything, or if I should change something!
    Last edited by txtsd; 02-27-2013 at 05:53 AM.

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to txtsd For This Useful Post:

Ban (03-30-2014),Jager (02-22-2013),Joelalala (02-21-2013),kec (02-27-2013),Lindsay (11-10-2014),Luv (02-23-2013),Mod (02-21-2013),perceptions (05-02-2014),Potatoes (03-24-2013),simmie (03-29-2014),Tapir (04-08-2013),Toasted (02-27-2013),yamakracker (02-27-2013),zmurd (02-21-2013)

Canada
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,711 Times in 2,504 Posts

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1365 Post(s)
    Time Online
    131 d 12 h 4 m
    Avg. Time Online
    1 h 42 m
    Good effort, good basic rundown of training methods for the n00b.

Anyways, a few things I thought you should include:

-Lab Ray, including risks involved
    -Noting that Deadly Dice can also lower your pet's level
    -Free pet training at the Academy on your pet day
    -Faerie Quest, Lab Ray, and Training Cookies

(I started on a BD guide myself a couple weeks ago, but got lazy and lack the motivation to continue. Way to steal my thunder, )

Stark & Arcadia
    Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Time Online
    28 d 16 h 30 m
    Avg. Time Online
    22 m
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod View Post
    Good effort, good basic rundown of training methods for the n00b.

Anyways, a few things I thought you should include:

-Lab Ray, including risks involved
    -Noting that Deadly Dice can also lower your pet's level
    -Free pet training at the Academy on your pet day
    -Faerie Quest, Lab Ray, and Training Cookies

(I started on a BD guide myself a couple weeks ago, but got lazy and lack the motivation to continue. Way to steal my thunder, )
    I've actually never even researched the lab ray, let alone use it, so getting that data together might take a while.
    I had no idea about the Pet Day freebie, I'll add that.
    And what about Faerie Quests? There's an entire section on it.

Canada
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,711 Times in 2,504 Posts

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1365 Post(s)
    Time Online
    131 d 12 h 4 m
    Avg. Time Online
    1 h 42 m
    Cookies. FQ cookies.

Stark & Arcadia
    Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Time Online
    28 d 16 h 30 m
    Avg. Time Online
    22 m
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod View Post
    Cookies. FQ cookies.
    D'Oh! Totally misread that xD

Canada
    Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Time Online
    11 d 21 h 31 m
    Avg. Time Online
    9 m
    Lab Ray..

Lose Strength 5.1%
    Lose Levels 5.5%
    Lose Movement 4.9%
    Lose Defence 4.9%
    Back to Level 1 7.4%
    Gain Levels 5%
    Gain Movement 10.6%
    Gain Defence 6.1%
    Gain Hit Points 14.2%
    Gain Strength 9.2%
    Colour Change 9%
    Species Change 5.4%
    Gender Change 7.6%
    No Change At All 5.1%

---------- Post added at 11:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 AM ----------

You also missed a couple potions that can "possibly" increase stats.. :o

Tall Grass
    Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Time Online
    1 d 7 h 6 m
    Avg. Time Online
    1 m
    Helpful guide... I wish there was a guide to being motivated to train. :B

Stark & Arcadia
    Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Time Online
    28 d 16 h 30 m
    Avg. Time Online
    22 m
    Quote Originally Posted by Kite View Post
    You also missed a couple potions that can "possibly" increase stats.. :o
    I'm not yet aware of these. Can you link me?

Quote Originally Posted by kec View Post
    Helpful guide... I wish there was a guide to being motivated to train. :B
    If you aren't motivated enough to train, maybe the BD isn't for you Buying codestones and enrolling your pet for a course every few hours takes persistence, not motivation, imho.

Tall Grass
    Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Time Online
    1 d 7 h 6 m
    Avg. Time Online
    1 m
    Quote Originally Posted by txtsd View Post
    Buying codestones and enrolling your pet for a course every few hours takes persistence, not motivation, imho.
    motivation to be persistent then.

Stark & Arcadia
    Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Time Online
    28 d 16 h 30 m
    Avg. Time Online
    22 m
    Quote Originally Posted by kec View Post
    motivation to be persistent then.
    Man, I wish I could help But you've gotta decide how you wanna play Neopets, and what you wanna do on it, for yourself

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast