2/0
    Mentioned
    48 times
    Time Online
    35d 14h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m

Need help getting started with an essay, paying good money $$$$

I need to write a big essay for school and it's very important and all. It has to be roughly about the global food supply, food security worldwide, how the population worldwide is ever growing and how all these people could get their food in the future in a durable way.

What I need: one main question, and three side questions that will help me answer this main question (this is essential!). I want for this question to be technically answerable by doing a literature study/review (ie using other studies/caluculations, etc.) AND I need to be able to write a relatively large essay on this (around 20 pages).

A very simple example: main question: 'what is a car?', the side questions would be along the lines of: 'what are cars used for?', 'why are cars being used?' and 'how are cars developed?'.

I'm thinking of the question being along the lines of 'how many people can live on planet earth' but I'm worried this is too mainstream and has already been done a million times, plus I have absolutely no idea of side questions that would help me answer this main question. Other than that maybe something like 'how can we proceed to feed all the people on planet earth in the future?' but honestly, if someone has a better idea, let me know what direction you're thinking in.

I'd much appreciate if people could brainstorm with me about this and I'll pay $20 to the person that can give me one main question and three side questions that I think I could write a decent (and most of all, long) essay on. I'm getting rather desperate as I should have finished this thing weeks ago already and I'm in big trouble if I don't hurry up with it but I really don't know where to start.

You'll have my forever gratitude. And my money, ofc.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    16/0
    Mentioned
    467 times
    Time Online
    29d 9h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    @(you need an account to see links)

Main; How do specific emotions influence different judgements on an individual's food-intake?

* What studies/experiments have been done to show this?

* What social factors moderate the influences of different emotions upon this judgement?

* How can someone improve their decision-making to improve their food-intake?

Hope I helped!
    I did an essay on this topic in college and it was relatively easy, and actually really interesting to research!
    Hopefully it's as close to your topic as possible, while still straying from all the boring questions your classmates will come up with. ;D

(English Major, Honors/AP throughout High School)
    Last edited by Toasted; 02-14-2013 at 04:18 AM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Toasted For This Useful Post:

wrath (02-14-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1,368 times
    Time Online
    131d 12h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    When do you need the ideas by?

I could try to whip something up, but not until this evening at the soonest (I'm on a cram jam right now).

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    48 times
    Time Online
    35d 14h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    Quote Originally Posted by Toasted View Post
    @(you need an account to see links)

Main; How do specific emotions influence different judgements on an individual's food-intake?

* What studies/experiments have been done to show this?

* What social factors moderate the influences of different emotions upon this judgement?

* How can someone improve their decision-making to improve their food-intake?

Hope I helped!
    I did an essay on this topic in college and it was relatively easy, and actually really interesting to research!
    Hopefully it's as close to your topic as possible, while still straying from all the boring questions your classmates will come up with. ;D

(English Major, Honors/AP throughout High School)

I really love this subject and I wish I could write my essay about this. However it has to be an essay for (human) Geography class, basically about food shortages, famine, especially about how that will develop in the future, seeing as the world population is growing, and people get higher demands. Think things such as climate change (will it be harder to grow certain types of 'important' food in the future? Like, how the corn harvest in the US last year was terrible and influenced the price of food all over the world, will we see more of such processes in the future?). Basically, what big problems will we, the world, be facing in the future with the climate change and growing world population. And/or what can be done about it, how can we proceed to live on planet earth? Develop better food production methods? All become vegetarians? Use more pesticides? Cut down more rainforests in order to get more land to grow crops on?

I really like your subject and questions though, would be amazing if I were writing an essay for Biology class.

---------- Post added at 10:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mod View Post
    When do you need the ideas by?

I could try to whip something up, but not until this evening at the soonest (I'm on a cram jam right now).
    I'd obviously like to start on my essay as soon as possible, ideally I'd have my final subject picked out by the end of this week.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1,368 times
    Time Online
    131d 12h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    End of the week is plenty of time,

From what I've just read about your requirements, I still haven't thought of a real topic and sub-topics yet; but perhaps to give you a spark, this may help answer a requirement or two of yours, at a genetic/economic level.

Google:

Golden Rice

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    48 times
    Time Online
    35d 14h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod View Post
    End of the week is plenty of time,

From what I've just read about your requirements, I still haven't thought of a real topic and sub-topics yet; but perhaps to give you a spark, this may help answer a requirement or two of yours, at a genetic/economic level.

Google:

Golden Rice
    Haha I hope so. I'm really behind with this essay, should have finished it weeks ago so I'm getting real nervous. xD

Oooh that's very interesting, genetically modified crops. That's exactly the kind of thing my teacher would want me to write an essay on. I'll definitely do some reading on this Golden Rice, thanks!