I need to write a big essay for school and it's very important and all. It has to be roughly about the global food supply, food security worldwide, how the population worldwide is ever growing and how all these people could get their food in the future in a durable way.

What I need: one main question, and three side questions that will help me answer this main question (this is essential!). I want for this question to be technically answerable by doing a literature study/review (ie using other studies/caluculations, etc.) AND I need to be able to write a relatively large essay on this (around 20 pages).

A very simple example: main question: 'what is a car?', the side questions would be along the lines of: 'what are cars used for?', 'why are cars being used?' and 'how are cars developed?'.

I'm thinking of the question being along the lines of 'how many people can live on planet earth' but I'm worried this is too mainstream and has already been done a million times, plus I have absolutely no idea of side questions that would help me answer this main question. Other than that maybe something like 'how can we proceed to feed all the people on planet earth in the future?' but honestly, if someone has a better idea, let me know what direction you're thinking in.

I'd much appreciate if people could brainstorm with me about this and I'll pay $20 to the person that can give me one main question and three side questions that I think I could write a decent (and most of all, long) essay on. I'm getting rather desperate as I should have finished this thing weeks ago already and I'm in big trouble if I don't hurry up with it but I really don't know where to start.

You'll have my forever gratitude. And my money, ofc.