Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    8d 17h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m

Question about Frozen Account.

I noticed someone posted about there account being frozen in here so thought I would too.

I've been playing neopets for a few years, and got highly addicted to Neocash. Spent well over a grand, then one day I found a forum that sold neo stuff offline , fell in love that people were selling there high end NC items for real $, and then saw they were selling UCs, and was able to get my first UC pet a grey poog. Then I found clraik, and purchased an UC the day after I create my account, as this site is flowing with UCs.

Then a few months ago, I really needed a royal paint brush, didn't have enough NPs so made a thread to buy one using real money and a user said they would sell me one, so we did the trade, was pretty happy and then I gifted it to a NF.

Woke up in the morning to my Account Frozen!! and the User I gifted it to, also frozen, i was devastated, I am aware its against Neopet Rules to but items for real money, but I'd be buying paintbrushes offline for ages, and never had one issue. I was so angry, I worked so hard on my account, and spent a lot of money on Neocash, i messaged the user saying he'd got me frozen. He seemed to think, it had nothing to do with him, but it must of? I was going through my messages yesterday and realized the user has been banned now? So he was obviously dodgy, but does anyone know how the paintbrush got my and my friends account frozen? and what my chances are of getting it back?
    I sent in a ticket to TNT but still have had no response
    Last edited by amylee; 02-12-2013 at 10:32 PM. Reason: typos :P

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1,368 times
    Time Online
    131d 12h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    Was this a few months ago, or today?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    122/0
    Mentioned
    89 times
    Time Online
    15d 16h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    its possible the person used a comprimised account and didnt properly secure the item before selling it to you, some people have been known to lie about the validity of thier items thus they usually get found out and end up banned on the fourms......

now to get your account back its rather hard but come up with some sob story about you traded for that pb... etc... and didnt know the other person was illegit.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    8d 17h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    It was November actually just checked the mail, that's gone fast, sent a ticket in that week and still no response, pretty much a sob story that I had no idea that paintbrush was illegit.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1,368 times
    Time Online
    131d 12h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    Agree with what's been said already with utahclock.

Really, there are a multitude of reasons that PB transaction got you stuck in the Arctic. Improper securing, coming from or through a stolen account, bought with illegit/stolen neopoints, traced to you via the source account (if it got caught for a different illegit deal or SSing, etc.). Many things could go wrong.

As for your frozen ticket, I'd give it 3-4 months from the time of sending. Back when they were "efficient", it was ~1 month wait. Now it averages 3-4 months. But if they plain don't like you, it can be 6 months to 1.5 years before you get a response. And if it's 4+ months, expect the response to be a quick 'no', with a garbage generic answer or "it was frozen too long ago we can't recover any more".

You can check your ticket status sometimes (some days you'll get a re-direct to the main page or main support page, just try a couple times each day), if you filed the ticket on a non-frozen account. There you can see if it's been accessed since the date you submitted it. If it has but you don't have a reply...well tough luck.

And dd365? Yeah, that guy's scum. He was banned last month for trying to sell a stolen UC. He's also screwed a few other users the same way, selling insecure items, accounts, etc. He's also screwed those he bought from, getting them chain iced. And pestered people constantly to buy his stuff asap for a good discount. Just a plain selfish dumbass.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    8d 17h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    You can check your ticket status sometimes (some days you'll get a re-direct to the main page or main support page, just try a couple times each day), - that is what happens to me all the time!! I didn't understand why, as it told me to go to that page to cancel my premium membership (as even though I was frozen they still charged me I was raging) so I'll keep trying.

And yes dd365. He sounds like "plain selfish dumbass" I was fuming, glad he's banned though.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1,368 times
    Time Online
    131d 12h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    Be glad he only got you a few dollars of a cheap PB (other than losing your accounts).

Others have bought 'tens of' to 'hundreds of' millions' NP worth, or transactions with him for $x00.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod For This Useful Post:

utahclock (02-12-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    8d 17h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Yeah I know! I would hate to have been them, so unfair! Glad it was only $3 or whatever it was