DL/UL
    44/1
    Mentioned
    562 times
    Time Online
    118d 6h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    So much hate for the blackberrys , have you even seen the new blackberry or are you just going on "whats popular". Most fashion trends are set by kids and kids dont know shit.

Don't deserve to be called smartphones? There new o.s has some very innovative features:

(you need an account to see links)

The only negative points I have heard has been "DERP NO BLACKBERRY DERP NOT SMARTPHONE" how about throwing some points up whats so bad about the phone , otherwise you might aswell not post. I am not intrested in fashion advice I want a decent phone.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    86/0
    Mentioned
    464 times
    Time Online
    70d 14h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    24m
    Really the only downfall with Blackberry in my opinion is the market share. It's not as popular as it once was, people are migrating over to Android, iOS, and even Windows Mobile. Why does this matter? Well for me the main argument was app store size. I'm not saying one should go by that alone, but these are some figures from 4th quarter 2012:

Blackberry: 105,000 apps
    Windows: 125,000 apps
    Google: 700,000+ apps
    Apple: 700,000+ apps

One might also note, however, that Blackberry leads on the Revenue per App scene:

Blackberry: 9166.67/per app
    Apple: 6480.00/per app
    Google: 1200.00/per app

I imagine it's probably due to the demographic of Blackberry users vs. the overall market share and app saturation of Apple/Google. One might be led to believe though, that the higher quality apps on Blackberry might require payment. Not sure as I've never been a blackberry user in recent years.

Anyway, just some food for though, hopefully a bit better than BLAKBURR? NUU.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    44/1
    Mentioned
    562 times
    Time Online
    118d 6h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    ^ yeah much better , you are right too the apps suck. I had a blackberry curve and the best game was a helicopter game that reminded me of volcano run on neopets...

But I don't use my phone for apps much. I use it for youtube , tethering , phone calls and safari. Also I have made blackberry apps in past they have a nice api.
    Last edited by DarkByte; 02-13-2013 at 01:29 AM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    343 times
    Time Online
    287d 1h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 38m
    Blackberrys are for girls who like to use BBM.

I have a HTC Sensation XL, and they are very notorious for having issues with the touch screen as are all HTC.

If I were to get a different phone now I'd probably go for the S3.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    44/1
    Mentioned
    562 times
    Time Online
    118d 6h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    I know people who have had issues with the S3 too though multiple people with the same issues and samsung refused to fix it for free.... This is the only reason I am somewhat skeptical.

Anyone know any good phones scheduled for release in next few months? I would be happy to make do with crap phone for now like a htc wildfire (as long as it has 3g and tethering I dont really care to much). And just long it out till a decent new phone is released....

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1,368 times
    Time Online
    131d 12h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    If you're disqualifying iPhone, then as others have mentioned, S3 is the way to go. The most capable, powerful smartphone at the present, aside from those massive 'tablet phones' and the iPhone itself.

I personally don't like the S3 and its predecessors because it's too damn big. Not on the size of a tablet phone, but still inconveniently large. Very thin, but very wide and long too. Like a f'in graphing calculator.

I like to slip my phone in my pocket, but if you have unusually large pockets, don't mind having it in a case/bag, or just carry it around a lot, then no problems there.

I've looked at the S3 mini and am impressed by it. Carries most of the function of the S3, just a bit weaker overall in hardware. But I think I'll wait for an S4 mini or the like, in keeping with Samsung's Galaxy-a-year timing.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    44/1
    Mentioned
    562 times
    Time Online
    118d 6h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    So basically right now the only phones even worth considering is a iphone or s3? I will wait and just use a crappy phone until I see something decent.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    122/0
    Mentioned
    89 times
    Time Online
    15d 16h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    If you like blackberry in general as a company here is something you might find interesting about thier new z10

We’ve had a Z10 in the labs for a few weeks now, and while we still mostly love it, we have to admit there has been the odd occasion when we’ve wanted to destroy it, too. Mostly it’s been when some major Android app like Spotify has refused to work in the Z10’s Android emulator. But our destruction wouldn’t involve an elegant tear-down, so much as an inelegant hammer. Damn those Android apps supposedly solving all BlackBerry’s app woes! So much promise, so little delivered.

(you need an account to see links)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    44/1
    Mentioned
    562 times
    Time Online
    118d 6h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    ^ thanks for this I did not even know they was emulating apps. How hard can it be though lol. Both apis are made in java and are very similar apart from the built in function names really....

The phone market right now reminds me of what steve jobs said back in the day

"Don't immatate innovate"

This was directed at windows pcs. However he noted that while all the other companys was trying to replicate what apple was doing at the time , apple was already moving the project to the next version. Other company's where always playing catchup. The only issue I see right now is the android store covers alot of the phone market , the apple store does not. So we get a new iphone what , once every 1-2 years. Where as these android phones are released by many companys almost monthly it seems.

When these company's catch up with Apple it is going to be interesting , arguably Samsung already surpassed them.. if apple end up on the back foot , playing catchup to Samsung its not going to go well for them with 1-2 year release schedules per phone...