Uploads
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Time Online
    3 d 16 h 36 m
    Avg. Time Online
    2 m

VPNs and autobuying????

Ok so I was going to start abing again on a much smaller scale than I was before (too large scale I got frozen) and was going to use HMA vpn..so before I would log onto a vpn server, then log into the ab etc...as long as its a secure vpn tnt cannot see through it and see my home ip right? I have a pretty nice main and do not want it iced via chain or anything. Can someone help me out here with some info or guildines?

Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Time Online
    36 d 19 h 35 m
    Avg. Time Online
    28 m
    Quote Originally Posted by allstarhunk69 View Post
    Ok so I was going to start abing again on a much smaller scale than I was before (too large scale I got frozen) and was going to use HMA vpn..so before I would log onto a vpn server, then log into the ab etc...as long as its a secure vpn tnt cannot see through it and see my home ip right? I have a pretty nice main and do not want it iced via chain or anything. Can someone help me out here with some info or guildines?
    hotspotshield is a pretty good VPN.

Canada
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,598 Posts

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1387 Post(s)
    Time Online
    351 d 16 h 17 m
    Avg. Time Online
    4 h 29 m
    TNT looks at your IP when logging in and logging out. For extra safety, I would suggest using a VPN the whole time you are on the account though. As said above, Hotspotshield is one of the best free VPNs at the moment. It is what I use right now as well. Use sites like ipchicken and such to double check your IP has changed before logging onto the illegit account. Have as little interaction between your main and the abing account also.

Canada
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,711 Times in 2,504 Posts

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1365 Post(s)
    Time Online
    131 d 12 h 4 m
    Avg. Time Online
    1 h 43 m
    As already said, HSS is a very good free VPN, but if you've already bought or committed yourself for HMA-VPN, stick with it. HMA-VPN is much better. One of the perks of it is ability to choose server locations from around the world (free VPNs is almost always restricted to US-based servers). Thus you can add variety, or legitimacy if you want to build an account based somewhere like, say Canada, Germany, UK. And there is less IP clutter with a paid VPN, since free VPN server IPs are heavily shared and used by free-users. Just remember which country you connect to each account, for that added safety.

The only risk with a VPN is if the connection drops, it may expose and run your main IP without you alerting you. But most VPNs will straight up cut the connection if it happens, or alert you (usually for paid versions). Best to look up on whatever you're going to use and configure the settings beforehand. I don't use HMA-VPN, so I don't know about it (mine just cuts the connection if it drops).

And yes, check with IP verifying websites after connecting your VPN, just to be sure you have a good IP mask and everything's good to go. Check for IP change, whether it detects as proxy IP, location, proper ISP (should be the VPN company), etc.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod For This Useful Post:

M.V.P (02-05-2013)

Banned
    NYC
    Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Time Online
    3 d 16 h 36 m
    Avg. Time Online
    2 m
    How do I find out if HMA drops or if it would in fact show my real ip if it did drop? I almost feel like I should od all of this from my bfs laptop to entirely protect myself since I want to protect my main at all costs. Also, you mention that they log ips when you log in and log out...how does attic aber for example log out? I am only aware of it being able to log in so I gotta know how to log on with the program to make sure that I do so while vpn is on

Banned
    NYC
    Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Time Online
    3 d 16 h 36 m
    Avg. Time Online
    2 m
    Can someone please clarify how to log out of the account when using attic user or stealth aber? I assume that I would have to log out while still on VPN before I were to log into my main. I don't want to mess this up need explanation. And what do u mean cut the connection of it drops? Is anyone familiar with abing on hma?

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,255 Times in 692 Posts

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    464 Post(s)
    Time Online
    70 d 14 h 40 m
    Avg. Time Online
    56 m
    Quote Originally Posted by allstarhunk69 View Post
    Can someone please clarify how to log out of the account when using attic user or stealth aber? I assume that I would have to log out while still on VPN before I were to log into my main. I don't want to mess this up need explanation. And what do u mean cut the connection of it drops? Is anyone familiar with abing on hma?
    With HMA Pro VPN (Yes you do pay for it) they have a feature that secures a program to your VPN so you don't have to worry about this. Basically if the VPN connection is interrupted, your program simply fails to work. I've never had any issues with it thus far. I believe when you close out of these programs it logs you out, but to be safe, I always check neopets manually before dcing from my VPN location of choice. Take a look at the screenshot to see what I mean about the program being forced to use VPN.

Edit: May have to zoom in a bit to see it properly.

Banned
    NYC
    Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Time Online
    3 d 16 h 36 m
    Avg. Time Online
    2 m
    Quote Originally Posted by Federation View Post
    With HMA Pro VPN (Yes you do pay for it) they have a feature that secures a program to your VPN so you don't have to worry about this. Basically if the VPN connection is interrupted, your program simply fails to work. I've never had any issues with it thus far. I believe when you close out of these programs it logs you out, but to be safe, I always check neopets manually before dcing from my VPN location of choice. Take a look at the screenshot to see what I mean about the program being forced to use VPN.

This is so interesting! So basically it means that the ab ONLY works under the vpn and would not work without it? How does this happen though since the configuration would be done in the vpn and NOT in the ab itself? And when you say that you check neopets manually before dcing, what do you mean? You actually log into your ab accounts and stay logged in while you ab?

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,255 Times in 692 Posts

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    464 Post(s)
    Time Online
    70 d 14 h 40 m
    Avg. Time Online
    56 m
    No when I'm done with my abing, I goto neopets.com and login and then logout since that would reset it, or so I think anyway lol. I'm not sure how it works, I just trust that it works It's HMA. If they say so, I believe them. Plus John ex-mod uses it too, so I trust his authoritahhh. (And yes, it means that if your VPN connection dropped out for whatever reason, it would kill off the program.)