Mentioned
    27 times
    Time Online
    4d 6h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m

Tummy looks FAT (bloated)?

Hello!!!!
    Ive been going gym for a full week and been eating healthy every day. (Lots of veggies etc)
    But all of the sudden, my stomach (tummmy) started looking all bloated and fat? Wtf... Why is this happening?

Can someone explain this to me :3?
    <3

Thank you
    XIV♥

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1,368 times
    Time Online
    131d 12h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    Take some Beano.

And never hold it in.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod For This Useful Post:

Linacake (02-04-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    36 times
    Time Online
    10d 19h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    being lazy and copy/pasting as Mint asked something similar and she was doing intense ab workouts (not sure what you are doing during the gym sessions)

"you are completely tearing up your abdomen doing 30 minute intense workouts every day. :/

try easing off and doing it every other day(even then..eghhh...i do a 3 day cycle so every third day i work abs), your stomach shouldn't really 'bloat' unless you are pounding the shit out of the muscle.
    you could be retaining fluids from being dehydrated, could have the type of carbs you are taking in etc "
    Ana's slave <3

5. The Following User Says Thank You to zmurd For This Useful Post:

Linacake (02-04-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    27 times
    Time Online
    4d 6h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    XIV♥

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    66 times
    Time Online
    4d 7h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    "If you are just beginning to exercise, you may bloat because your body sees the exercise as trauma and wants to conserve vital nutrients and fluids. This type of bloating usually goes away after several weeks of consistent exercise."

Read more: (you need an account to see links)

Read that article, it goes more in-depth about it. How much water do you drink a day by the way?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Hale For This Useful Post:

Linacake (02-04-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    27 times
    Time Online
    4d 6h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by Hale View Post
    "If you are just beginning to exercise, you may bloat because your body sees the exercise as trauma and wants to conserve vital nutrients and fluids. This type of bloating usually goes away after several weeks of consistent exercise."

Read more: (you need an account to see links)

Read that article, it goes more in-depth about it. How much water do you drink a day by the way?
    Hiya! I drink about two bottles of water daily 750mls ea :3
    XIV♥

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    66 times
    Time Online
    4d 7h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    That's pretty good! And more than a lot of people drink in a day. But as a general rule of thumb you want to be drinking a bit more than that, and you should especially be drinking more if you're exercising frequently. Not drinking enough water can cause you to retain water and become bloated as well because when you aren't getting enough of it your body wants to hold onto it.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    41/0
    Mentioned
    165 times
    Time Online
    8d 11h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    I recently started training as well ... And having never really sported before (not counting one year of kickboxing with school every week), I kinda have those sort of things too ocasionally as well. I train 2 hours a day and for me the biggest problem is the exhaustion of my muscles. My trainer learned me the most important thing is not to overload your muscles, since they are not used to it, since if you break your muscles down they are a lot harder to build back up again. Especially compared to body fat. Cardio is the best thing to work most on and training your muscles along the way too, but it defenitly does not need to be heavy training. Just to get your muscles more used to it and make them stronger step by step.
    You can do a lot, but you need to take it step by step and don't go to heavy on yourself. Rest in time as well..

A sad, crude, twisted little girl.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    50m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Hi Lina,
    Exercise regularly, never skip breakfast and take low carb food meals to reduce tummy fat. Do take more proteins in your daily meals, manage stress and avoid eating late.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    126/0
    Mentioned
    41 times
    Time Online
    3d 13h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by Linacake View Post
    Hello!!!!
    Ive been going gym for a full week and been eating healthy every day. (Lots of veggies etc)
    But all of the sudden, my stomach (tummmy) started looking all bloated and fat? Wtf... Why is this happening?

Can someone explain this to me :3?
    <3

Thank you
    Could be for any reason from low consumption of water to consumption of foods with high sodium content, fizzy drinks, minor allergic reaction to new foods/diet, junk food to stress.

Also some healthy foods such as bread, milk, potatoes and some dairy products (think complex carbs) even though they are low on calories and good for you, the digestion process gives off the bloaty impression. I do not recommend to have them before hitting the beach or getting ready for a photoshoot.

Everyone is different and you need to figure out what changed in your diet/exercise/sleep/stress to bring about the bloatyness.

Re-evaluate your diet, cardio plan and drinks lots of water (1.5 liter per day for 2 days at least thats what works for me)
    It personally takes me around 2/3 days to get unbloaty and be ready for the beach if I am a complete mess.

@(you need an account to see links): Also clydes suggested some good but basic things to consider.

Metabolism is highest in the mornings so people have big breakfasts and generally smaller meals at dinner.
    A good cheat I do for getting rid of bloatyness (in the short run only, shouldnt do it daily) is having minimal amount of proteins and carbs to eat at night and drinking LOTS of water before bed But I think this is drifting away from the topic.
    Last edited by plsmy1; 12-02-2013 at 12:19 AM.