Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: WAAA!!! Got laid off yesterday :(

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    47
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 12 Times in 10 Posts


    Downloads
    3
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Time Online
    1 d 8 h 50 m
    Avg. Time Online
    1 m
    Rep Power
    5

    Thumbs up WAAA!!! Got laid off yesterday :(

    Sigh...The job hunt has already begun. Unemployment is filed for. Last time I was out of work for almost a year. I hope and pray it doesn't last as long this time.

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Posts
    728
    Thanks
    105
    Thanked 201 Times in 114 Posts


    Downloads
    24
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Time Online
    22 d 18 h 41 m
    Avg. Time Online
    17 m
    Rep Power
    7
    Well... that sucks. More time for neo though haha.

  3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Graff For This Useful Post:

    Aishette (02-01-2013),Maison (02-06-2013),tchaikovsky (02-02-2013)

  4. #3


    PokemonGO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Gender
    Location
    London
    Age
    24
    Posts
    485
    Thanks
    193
    Thanked 98 Times in 65 Posts


    Downloads
    5
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Time Online
    35 d 23 h 30 m
    Avg. Time Online
    28 m
    Rep Power
    5
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Krawk Steam ID: Thorpebay
    Thats the exact same for me
    I know how you feel!

  5. #4

    Mod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Gender
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,821
    Thanks
    1,563
    Thanked 4,711 Times in 2,504 Posts


    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    1365 Post(s)
    Time Online
    131 d 12 h 4 m
    Avg. Time Online
    1 h 43 m
    Rep Power
    11
    Have you been looking for a specific job, with high standards?

    As long as you have the desire to work, you can find a job in under a day, however menial it is. Places like McDicks, Wal-Mart, local grocery stores/retail. Yeah, the pay is shit, but at least you get paid, rather than lounge around all day losing money, simply by living. The upside of these jobs is you don't have to give it your all, your supervisor doesn't expect much from you, and if you laze to the point of getting fired, you just apply to the store next door.

    While you work those shit-jobs, keep applying for the jobs you want, so when you do get hired for it, you can make a quick transition. You can quit from the temp-job on the spot, they don't care. They even expect it; easy-in means easy-out.

  6. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Gender
    Posts
    380
    Thanks
    38
    Thanked 38 Times in 29 Posts


    Downloads
    14
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Time Online
    6 d 23 h 53 m
    Avg. Time Online
    5 m
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod View Post
    Have you been looking for a specific job, with high standards?

    As long as you have the desire to work, you can find a job in under a day, however menial it is. Places like McDicks, Wal-Mart, local grocery stores/retail. Yeah, the pay is shit, but at least you get paid, rather than lounge around all day losing money, simply by living. The upside of these jobs is you don't have to give it your all, your supervisor doesn't expect much from you, and if you laze to the point of getting fired, you just apply to the store next door.

    While you work those shit-jobs, keep applying for the jobs you want, so when you do get hired for it, you can make a quick transition. You can quit from the temp-job on the spot, they don't care. They even expect it; easy-in means easy-out.
    Exactly. I wish I could tell my sister this, she always complains about not having money, and says, "I can't, though, I don't have a job." But when I tell her just to get an easy job at Mcdonald's or something, she won't listen. D:

  7. #6

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Posts
    728
    Thanks
    105
    Thanked 201 Times in 114 Posts


    Downloads
    24
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Time Online
    22 d 18 h 41 m
    Avg. Time Online
    17 m
    Rep Power
    7
    It's really not that easy to get a job, even one that pays only minimum wage. It's very, very competitive.

  8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Graff For This Useful Post:

    Aishette (02-01-2013),PokemonGO (02-03-2013),thequeen (02-07-2013)

  9. #7

    Mod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Gender
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,821
    Thanks
    1,563
    Thanked 4,711 Times in 2,504 Posts


    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    1365 Post(s)
    Time Online
    131 d 12 h 4 m
    Avg. Time Online
    1 h 43 m
    Rep Power
    11
    That depends on where you live, I'll give you that.

    For example, where I live, you can start training at an A&W or McDs the day you apply, if there's still daylight out. The interview is as simple as, "Do you want to work here? When can you start?". Managers at these places (where I live, again) don't even finish reading the resume; as long as you have it, so they can put it into your record as official employment recruitment.

  10. #8

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    47
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 12 Times in 10 Posts


    Downloads
    3
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Time Online
    1 d 8 h 50 m
    Avg. Time Online
    1 m
    Rep Power
    5
    Thanks everyone! It's easier today. I've come to terms with it. Yes, more time for Neo and my kiddos, lol. It is nice being home with them

    Quote Originally Posted by Mod View Post
    That depends on where you live, I'll give you that.

    For example, where I live, you can start training at an A&W or McDs the day you apply, if there's still daylight out. The interview is as simple as, "Do you want to work here? When can you start?". Managers at these places (where I live, again) don't even finish reading the resume; as long as you have it, so they can put it into your record as official employment recruitment.
    If it were just me I had to take care of, I would take any job. However, with 2 kids, rent, car payment, etc, working a minimum wage job isn't going to cut it. I have some things lined up, hopefully they come through soon.

  11. #9
    Andrew


    I_royalty_I's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Gender
    Location
    Behind you.
    Age
    98
    Posts
    5,988
    Thanks
    5,141
    Thanked 7,778 Times in 2,992 Posts


    Downloads
    29
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    1781 Post(s)
    Time Online
    338 d 2 h 1 m
    Avg. Time Online
    4 h 18 m
    Rep Power
    15
    I'm on my phone.. And it got cut off a bit.
    I read the title as:
    WAA!!! Got laid

    Came to the thread and didn't expect that.
    Getting laid off sucks,but hopefully you will find a new job soon!

    Good luck on the job search, try going on monster and other sites like that.

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

    Aishette (02-02-2013),Mint (02-01-2013)

  13. #10

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    47
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 12 Times in 10 Posts


    Downloads
    3
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Time Online
    1 d 8 h 50 m
    Avg. Time Online
    1 m
    Rep Power
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by I_royalty_I View Post
    I'm on my phone.. And it got cut off a bit.
    I read the title as:
    WAA!!! Got laid

    Came to the thread and didn't expect that.
    Getting laid off sucks,but hopefully you will find a new job soon!

    Good luck on the job search, try going on monster and other sites like that.
    HAHA!!! After this crazy week, that totally made me LOL! Thanks

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •