SO!

In 2009, had some pretty nice pets, including a UC mara krawk on my account (2 years after conversion happened, not sure how valuable the krawk actually was, but I had traded a UC darigan krawk for it illegally lol)

In August 2009 (I took a screenshot so I remember the date), someone got into my account and adopted my krawk onto a shell, and I wound up with an ice jetsam on my account as well (Not sure if this was before legal pet trading or not)

I don't remember fully what happened, but I think there was also something with a faerie krawk... but not important I guess.

I'm just wondering how someone could've gotten into my account.

Was this a time when cookie grabbers were rampant?
Maybe my username was on a hashlist? Not sure how those work though
There's no chance I could've used a fake login page or something, lol
But I DID have the same password for forever

They weren't very smart though, I think this happened in the middle of the day and I'm pretty sure I was online WHEN it happened, or soon after. If I remember correctly, they didn't even change my password.

Anyway, I ended up reporting the shell to TNT and now my beautiful W/VN UC mara Krawk is frozen forever :'( I'm still upset about when that happened. And I still have a screenshot of my krawk sitting on this person's account before being frozen
(Is there any way to try and get my krawk back? lol.)

Also I'm pretty sure my account got "hacked into" another time...... it's not as if my passwords weren't good, I don't use like "1234" for gods sake, so... cookie grabber? I don't know. Did hashlists even exist for neopets in like 2009?

Just curious is all, hoping someone can elaborate. Thanks!