Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How did someone get into my account?

Hybrid View

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    17d 20h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    6m

How did someone get into my account?

SO!

In 2009, had some pretty nice pets, including a UC mara krawk on my account (2 years after conversion happened, not sure how valuable the krawk actually was, but I had traded a UC darigan krawk for it illegally lol)

In August 2009 (I took a screenshot so I remember the date), someone got into my account and adopted my krawk onto a shell, and I wound up with an ice jetsam on my account as well (Not sure if this was before legal pet trading or not)

I don't remember fully what happened, but I think there was also something with a faerie krawk... but not important I guess.

I'm just wondering how someone could've gotten into my account.

Was this a time when cookie grabbers were rampant?
    Maybe my username was on a hashlist? Not sure how those work though
    There's no chance I could've used a fake login page or something, lol
    But I DID have the same password for forever

They weren't very smart though, I think this happened in the middle of the day and I'm pretty sure I was online WHEN it happened, or soon after. If I remember correctly, they didn't even change my password.

Anyway, I ended up reporting the shell to TNT and now my beautiful W/VN UC mara Krawk is frozen forever :'( I'm still upset about when that happened. And I still have a screenshot of my krawk sitting on this person's account before being frozen
    (Is there any way to try and get my krawk back? lol.)

Also I'm pretty sure my account got "hacked into" another time...... it's not as if my passwords weren't good, I don't use like "1234" for gods sake, so... cookie grabber? I don't know. Did hashlists even exist for neopets in like 2009?

Just curious is all, hoping someone can elaborate. Thanks!

Saiyan Race
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/36
    Mentioned
    3,867 times
    Time Online
    563d 5h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 13m

How did someone get into my account?

Most likely cookie grabbed :3
    (you need an account to see links)
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

------------------------
    [02/24/2013] Stealth CORE is made into the first standalone Neopets auto-player.
    ------------------------

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    17d 20h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Quote Originally Posted by Infamous Joe View Post
    Ok well that answers that.
    And that sucks. lol

Now.. is there any way someone with.. skills could try and help me "unfreeze" the account my krawk is on? lmao

---------- Post added at 10:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by raredaredevil View Post
    You may of been in a hash list sold on this site..
    Noooo not in 2009 lol
    I was however using a different pet trading forum in 2009, and I'm not sure if hashlists were a part of that or not. I only took part in the pet trading bit

---------- Post added at 11:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Infamous Joe View Post
    Another question if you might know the answer, does the addon noscript get rid of ANY chance you'll be cookie grabbed, anywhere? I assumed so when I installed it BECAUSE of neopets but maybe it didn't save me at all lol

Thanks
    DL/UL
    44/1
    Mentioned
    562 times
    Time Online
    118d 6h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    You may of been in a hash list sold on this site..

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    1,100 times
    Time Online
    43d 11h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    may have used a fake login page!
    [9/3/12 11:11:58 PM] Joanna: sigh
    [9/3/12 11:12:14 PM] Joanna: john
    [9/3/12 11:12:16 PM] Joanna: is
    [9/3/12 11:12:17 PM] Joanna: perfect

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    17d 20h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    may have used a fake login page!
    How would that've been possible? o.o I've seen fake login pages before for neopets, and I've never seen a good one. My friend used to make them actually but they weren't good... although he still got people logging in lol

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/0
    Mentioned
    15 times
    Time Online
    23d 14h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Quote Originally Posted by moonrash View Post
    How would that've been possible? o.o I've seen fake login pages before for neopets, and I've never seen a good one. My friend used to make them actually but they weren't good... although he still got people logging in lol
    there are some reallly good ones out there *mine cough* works in every the same as the old log in page. did you try and research any ways of cheating back then?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    17d 20h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Quote Originally Posted by __darkmaster View Post
    there are some reallly good ones out there *mine cough* works in every the same as the old log in page. did you try and research any ways of cheating back then?
    No I never thought of it, lol. I didn't really want to do it myself, but I probably discussed it on IM with some of my friends who were into doing it at the time.
    I dunno, I never clicked any strange links, and if I was ever "logged out" randomly I'd always look at the address bar, or simply click "back" before typing any info in

---------- Post added at 11:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by I_royalty_I View Post
    Hash lists were around back in 2009.
    if there was a site that was neo related, that had a user/pass for the site.. There was a hash list.
    Hash lists were around in 2008 lol
    I remember back on GG, I would have to explain what a hash list was on every selling thread I made.
    Now they are just a little more common knowledge.

It could have been a CGer, but you don't get the password for the account, you only get the cookie.
    That allows you to browse on the persons session, but you can't see their password.

You either had no pin on anything, were CGed, and had your account drained.
    Or you were on a list somewhere and kept your info the same, which allowed somebody to get in and take your things.
    Oh ok lol. Yeah I didn't know about hashlists until I read up on them here. I probably knew OF them back on my old forum but I never knew what they were, and didn't bother to find out.
    Hmm how do cookie grabbers allow the person to get into your account then? Considering they didn't even change my password or email.
    Also I'm positive I've always had a pin on my stuff, ever since the feature was added on the site. (And no, it's never been "1234" lol)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    37/0
    Mentioned
    114 times
    Time Online
    36d 19h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    Quote Originally Posted by moonrash View Post
    No I never thought of it, lol. I didn't really want to do it myself, but I probably discussed it on IM with some of my friends who were into doing it at the time.
    I dunno, I never clicked any strange links, and if I was ever "logged out" randomly I'd always look at the address bar, or simply click "back" before typing any info in

---------- Post added at 11:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 AM ----------

Oh ok lol. Yeah I didn't know about hashlists until I read up on them here. I probably knew OF them back on my old forum but I never knew what they were, and didn't bother to find out.
    Hmm how do cookie grabbers allow the person to get into your account then? Considering they didn't even change my password or email.
    Also I'm positive I've always had a pin on my stuff, ever since the feature was added on the site. (And no, it's never been "1234" lol)
    its really easy to use the cookies to grab a person's account, i think. works on difefrernt sites pretty easily

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    435d 9h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Hash lists were around back in 2009.
    if there was a site that was neo related, that had a user/pass for the site.. There was a hash list.
    Hash lists were around in 2008 lol
    I remember back on GG, I would have to explain what a hash list was on every selling thread I made.
    Now they are just a little more common knowledge.

It could have been a CGer, but you don't get the password for the account, you only get the cookie.
    That allows you to browse on the persons session, but you can't see their password.

You either had no pin on anything, were CGed, and had your account drained.
    Or you were on a list somewhere and kept your info the same, which allowed somebody to get in and take your things.
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left