Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Ab workouts and avoiding cravings?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    155 times
    Time Online
    104d 23h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m
    Quote Originally Posted by Hale View Post
    Oh, so you used to lift weights too, in addition to your running? That's awesome! I've been lifting weights this whole time to help preserve my LBM but I'm really really excited about the free weights because I'm going to get a helluva lot stronger! Have you looked into Tough Mudder? It's fucking insane for a half marathon. It's not just running... It's everything LOL. Watch a video, yo.

And I'm so glad you've stuck with your running since the last time we talked about it!! That's wonderful. c: You'll be able to run a marathon someday for sure if you keep it up!
    Yeah! I was in athletics all four years of high school. Almost joined powerlifting. But I thought I couldn't do it. Wish I had.
    I'm actually planning on running my first 5k in quite a while on like march 3 I think.
    I'll definitely look at the Tough Mudder though. Seems fun. I think I know what it is. Never done it though.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    66 times
    Time Online
    4d 7h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    @(you need an account to see links): (you need an account to see links) Watch the video on the front page! It's going to be fucking insane. No matter how much I train beforehand, I'm probably going to be sore for a week afterwards LOL.

You should have!! It's intimidating because the weight room is mainly big dudes twice your size, the free weights room in my gym is ALL like that, there has never been another woman in there when I've gone (but they will go on the machines). It's the intimidation factor coupled with the fact that ignorant people believe picking up some heavy shit will make a fragile girl all bulky and man-like. Do you think this chick got this bod lifting a pair of three pound pink dumbbells?

No, she didn't. And there's a big difference between that this:

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    155 times
    Time Online
    104d 23h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m
    Quote Originally Posted by Hale View Post
    @(you need an account to see links): (you need an account to see links) Watch the video on the front page! It's going to be fucking insane. No matter how much I train beforehand, I'm probably going to be sore for a week afterwards LOL.

You should have!! It's intimidating because the weight room is mainly big dudes twice your size, the free weights room in my gym is ALL like that, there has never been another woman in there when I've gone (but they will go on the machines). It's the intimidation factor coupled with the fact that ignorant people believe picking up some heavy shit will make a fragile girl all bulky and man-like. Do you think this chick got this bod lifting a pair of three pound pink dumbbells?

Oh my that does look insane. Intimidating as well. I think I'll ask my trainer if he knows anything about that.

It wasn't so much the guys there. I just felt like I wasn't strong enough. Which maybe I wasn't, maybe I was. But either way, it'd have been one hell of a strength workout. Looking back, I really wish I had
    I wish I could get my mom to go the gym with me so she could spot me on the weights. We have a treadmill at home, and a stepper thing. But that gets so boring. ~_~
    I wanna do some strength stuff!

I've never understood why women do things to look like that. I used to get this magazine that was some sort of women's strength something or another. They all looked way too manly. I was just like woah 0.o

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    66 times
    Time Online
    4d 7h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    The women that look like that have made it their life and their career. They spend years honing their bodies with gnarly workouts and carefully regimented diets. And lots and lotssss of steroids LOL. Simply lifting heavy 3 days a week will never make you look like that.

You don't need a spotter as much when you're just starting and the weights aren't that heavy yet, but you'll definitely need one down the road. I don't use one right now but I got both my best friend and my momma to sign up at the gym with me so I'll have spotters eventually when I need them.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    155 times
    Time Online
    104d 23h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m
    Heheh oh yeah I know. I don't have the will power to look like that even if I wanted to.

I actually benched 95 pounds the other day. I haven't tried squatting to see what I can do there, but I was so shocked htat I could lift it. I just kept adding on weights when I was able to keep going. But I stopped after 95 pounds because I had to go.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    66 times
    Time Online
    4d 7h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    That's awesome dude! Wait, so you have a gym membership then? o: Or is this just at school? What else do you do aside from benching?

I have the willpower to get my body in shape like the blonde chick I posted, I'm actually not too far from it now. Maybe I'll send you my before/after lifting pictures in a few months. I'm never going to look like a professional bodybuilder though, and I don't want to.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    155 times
    Time Online
    104d 23h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m
    Well I'm doing a boot camp at a local gym, so that gives me access to the gym. So yeah I guess I have a membership. lol
    But that was just one day after we'd gotten done with the camp for the day.
    It just depends. A lot of body weight kind of stuff. Squats, lunges, lunges (squat and lunge), burpies, these like reverse pushups, whatever the trainer has us do, I'll do on my own when I have time. With weights, I haven't done anything in quite a while. And anything I have done has been, for the most part, just body weight.

Ahha I could get the first picture with some effort. It'd take a bit, but I could get htere. But the second? Have no desire to even try to put forth the will power to get that. xD

Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    2h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    The only way to prevent stretch marks is to not gain weight/have a baby. I believe they are genetic, so if they run if your family you will get them. Oils, coco butter, vitamin E oil all help your skin stay hydrated but they don't prevent stretch marks. I also don't believe you can get rid of stretch marks if you have them already.