Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ab workouts and avoiding cravings?

Pronouns
    minty/fresh
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    54/0
    Mentioned
    1,231 times
    Time Online
    340d 22h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 59m

Ab workouts and avoiding cravings?

So I've been doing intense ab workouts for ~30 minutes every day for the past two weeks.
    I don't expect any ~sudden~ change, but I can really feel the muscle where my abdominals are.
    Thing is, my belly is a lot more bloated/prominent than when I first started these workouts (desire for a flat stomach's the reason why I bothered anyway) but I'm not lying, I can FEEL the muscle and omg I'm confused LOL

Also, how do you guys curb cravings, whether for sweet/salty/just overall greasy (yum.....Wendy's.....)?
    I think I may need to create a calorie defecit but honestly it's such a hassle to count calories jeez

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    16h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Lower calories will only increase cravings, especially if you are just simply cutting food out. Best way to cut cravings is eat naturally sweet things(fruit) in the morning, breakfast is the most important thing you can do. And then, I find keeping healthy snacks next to me(I have a bad habit of eating at the comp) like almonds, raisins, dried cranberries, etc I eat those when I get a craving for something instead of getting up for chips/ordering pizza like I used to do.

And I'm no expert but maybe it's just bloating from... excess water or just the activity. I know generally when the body is changing, it will bloat a bit.(though I don't know the reasons why)
    Good luck on keeping up the workout! Don't get discouraged.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    36 times
    Time Online
    10d 19h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    you are completely tearing up your abdomen doing 30 minute intense workouts every day. :/

try easing off and doing it every other day(even then..eghhh...i do a 3 day cycle so every third day i work abs), your stomach shouldn't really 'bloat' unless you are pounding the shit out of the muscle.
    you could be retaining fluids from being dehydrated, could have the type of carbs you are taking in etc
    Last edited by zmurd; 01-30-2013 at 05:03 PM.
    Ana's slave <3

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    24/0
    Mentioned
    88 times
    Time Online
    22d 22h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    Working out the same muscles every single day is not good. Neither is starving yourself. If you are able, making vegetable soups/mush are very filling and taste great. Lentil based especially. They have very few calories and will fill you up while also providing nutrition.

Pronouns
    minty/fresh
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    54/0
    Mentioned
    1,231 times
    Time Online
    340d 22h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 59m
    Mm, alright, thanks guys

Another thing - how do I get rid of stretch marks?
    Or prevent them at least?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    36 times
    Time Online
    10d 19h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    nooo idea. heh.
    Ana's slave <3

Pronouns
    minty/fresh
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    54/0
    Mentioned
    1,231 times
    Time Online
    340d 22h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 59m
    Damn. I know they're really hard to erase though

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    2d 14h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    The only way to prevent stretch marks is to not gain weight/have a baby. I believe they are genetic, so if they run if your family you will get them. Oils, coco butter, vitamin E oil all help your skin stay hydrated but they don't prevent stretch marks. I also don't believe you can get rid of stretch marks if you have them already.
    Last edited by GreenApple90; 01-30-2013 at 11:30 PM.

Pronouns
    minty/fresh
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    54/0
    Mentioned
    1,231 times
    Time Online
    340d 22h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 59m
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenApple90 View Post
    The only way to prevent stretch marks is to not gain weight/have a baby. I believe they are genetic, so if they run if your family you will get them. Oils, coco butter, vitamin E oil all help your skin stay hydrated but they don't prevent stretch marks. I also don't believe you can get rid of stretch marks if you have them already. Maybe tanning will help them appear less visible, I'm not sure.
    Shit D: Well damn that sucks. They're not really anywhere on me except for my upper thighs, which is good enough for me...but I'm sure a growth spurt would put a lot of weight on. I'm in my first year of highschool so I feel like I'm just waiting for it to happen haha

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    16h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    If the stretch marks are still red, you may be able to heal them somewhat(I guess with the cream things?), if they are already pale/shiny you probably can't do much of anything. I've actually heard tanning makes them more obvious? Maybe it's something dependent on each person. Best thing to prevent stretch marks = GOOD DIET. Seriously, I can't remember but there is a certain vitamin that helps skin elasticity. Prevention is the only way really in this case.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Rednox For This Useful Post:

Maki (01-31-2013)