Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Increase restrictions.

23 57.50%
  • Decrease restrictions.

5 12.50%
  • Maintain current restrictions.

8 20.00%
  • Who gives a fuck, it's not my problem.

3 7.50%
  • other

1 2.50%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Gun Control.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    369 times
    Time Online
    68d 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    23m

Gun Control.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I've never even seen a can of mace other than on American tv.

I guess it's just nice living in a place where as a precaution you make sure your wallet is placed deeply in your pocket.

I'd have to really go looking to find any trouble, and I live in the bad part of the city. =]
    Yeah. People here suck.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    5h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    a regular citizen shouldnt need a gun, unless he is a professional/recreational shooter (even then must be with strict background checks and restrictions). Machine guns should particularly be banned.

Yes people find other ways to kill, but it will be harder for them to do so. It will be harder to acquire the weapons too.
    Also, you can shoot 20 people at once with an AK, but with a knife you have to have close range and can only attack one at a time. So give the criminals/insane/lazy less incentive to harm others.

this being said, gun control would never work in the US because of the culture and beliefs of the Americans. god forbid the government take away their rights, even if it means a more stable and civilized society (taking example from Japan).

just throwing in my honest view on this, dont care what others have to say. youre either for, against or somewhere in between

3. The Following User Says Thank You to thequeen For This Useful Post:

moonrash (02-07-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    1h 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Im a huge believer in the 2nd admendment, i have several guns myself. however i do believe theres no way to stop stupid ppl from doing stupid things. Parent need to teach their kids gun safety at a young age instead of try to shelter them and let them find out by curiosity.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    24/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    17d 22h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Quote Originally Posted by cravens21 View Post
    Im a huge believer in the 2nd admendment, i have several guns myself. however i do believe theres no way to stop stupid ppl from doing stupid things. Parent need to teach their kids gun safety at a young age instead of try to shelter them and let them find out by curiosity.
    Exactly, but then there's ghetto scum idiots like this (you need an account to see links) who will NEVER care and never teach their kids gun safety. These are the people that scare everyone else. They weren't raised to care, and their children won't be either. There's not much you can do about these sorts of people, and they'll probably all end up in jail (their children included, at a later date obviously), probably with activities that include guns in one way or another.

If you want someone to blame for "radical" people like me that hate guns, look at them. I don't care about people who go out to the range every weekend, but people seem to think I do. No. It's these sorts of people who make me want to get rid of guns in public in general. I bet all of those dudes with wifebeaters on all have a gun on them, and how can you feel safe with that? How is THEM having guns making anyone feel better? But it's their right to have them. They're ALLOWED and they make everyone else feel less safe.

There are TOO many people like this. You just can't get rid of them and you can't stop the problem, other than more money for their parents/upbringing, and then the obvious education that they (obviously) aren't getting. But that's not happening anytime soon, and so the cycle continues.

(I didn't post this with the intention of attacking you, so I'm sorry if it came off that way, I just ranted. Sorry)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    6d 6h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    People say that the guns aren't the problem, and that the people are.

Yeah; the problem is that the people, typically white heads of households, believe that their guns are their only means to freedom. They believe that when the constitution was written in 1788, the authors considered that guns would go through huge technological advances.

Owning a gun should be a privilege, not a right, because of how dangerous they are. The gun-loving folks in bed with the NRA will argue bullcrap like how driving/alcohol/etc. kills more people (yet still won't do anything about those regulations either) without mentioning that those are PRIVILEGES, where driving is necessary for many people and owning a gun is not since guns were created, and used for nothing more than VIOLENCE.

It's not about what starts the violence; the sheer number of guns in existence here makes it easy for anybody who plans to hurt others, do so.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    18d 16h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    I don't own any guns myself and don't really care to. That said, I think people do have the right to own them, but only if they've gone through background checks. There are plenty of people who live near more wooded areas who might feel that having a gun is safer in the event any wild animals show up and I totally get that. But at the same time I look at how other developed countries fare without widespread gun use and they seem to be doing well. I think Britain has one of the lowest rates of gun homicides in the world and they have pretty strict gun control - their police officers don't even carry them, generally. I'm not informed enough about worldwide gun politics to make any sort of stronger statement, but I'd certainly feel safer knowing only the most responsible people have access to guns.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    23 times
    Time Online
    13d 10h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Let's give a monopoly on the use of guns to a bunch of thugs in order to protect us all, that way they'll be out of the hands of the bad guys.
    /sarcasm

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    12/0
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    1d 22h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I can't really say for sure... there are rights and wrongs to both sides. No matter what, guns will always land in the wrong hands, and nothing can stop that. I think the best we can do is increase restrictions to prevent that from happening, but completely banning guns is not a benefit but a detriment to our society and country.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    2h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    well I am so against this Gun Control... once a law against freedom is passed.. it's lost forever.. just think about that..

background check? : well I believe it's a waste of our tax money and you really believe a "criminal" would go thru this check?? haha

just because you oppose guns.. where would our so called "freedom of rights and expressions" go?? is it only yours that you care about?? if so then you're being biased.
    nuff said.