Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Increase restrictions.

23 57.50%
  • Decrease restrictions.

5 12.50%
  • Maintain current restrictions.

8 20.00%
  • Who gives a fuck, it's not my problem.

3 7.50%
  • other

1 2.50%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Gun Control.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    32/0
    Mentioned
    222 times
    Time Online
    57d 11h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    So a gun makes you feel safe?

Do you really need one to feel you're safe?

Would you even have the guts do shoot if it was necessary?

I don't know, but the need of a gun to feel you protected doesn't seem fine...

I really liked rednox's point. If you want it for self-protection, you don't need more than one.

I'd say that the "best" weapon that a civilian should be able to buy, would a revolver.

Honestly you won't need an AK-47 to self protection lol
    If you don't trust on your country, move out.
    Yes, government has that many safety because population has seem'd force them to. Remember Kennedy?

Many politicals, famous and rich people has been killed in the history. Starting with Jesus, I guess...

We're on a world where people will always be full of envy, anger and other feelings. If someone is important, there will always be haters against them. If you aren't famous, rich or a political then you don't necessary need that much protection, because the chances of someone hating you at the point of killing you are reduced to your city, or maybe even to your neightborhood or homework.

A gun per family is more than enough. If you can't trust on your dad, brother or mother, then you move out and that's it. You can't live with people you don't trust on.
    Selling Almost Any NC item!

Selling Balthazars Bag of Bottled Faeries - $150

Selling SEVERAL EPIC Main Accounts and Robotification Zappermajigs!!

Custom NeoPoint Orders? PM me!
    Selling Shells, $2 each :3

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 22h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    We are in a world where (at least in the US) the country is very divided.
    If you don't want to purchase and own guns, then that's fine, don't do it.
    Personaly, my household has 2 pistols, a shotgun, and a rifle. We also have other important things such as a few military grade knives, MRE's, water purifiers, portable stoves, emergency first aid.

Everything that could be needed should we have to rely on ourselves is readily available.
    Like I said, I don't like where this country, where the world is heading.
    And I'm not just going to leave because of that fact. I voted for Romney, not Obama, don't blame me!

Im just saying, when the shit hits the fans, all those advocates of strict gun laws better not come crawling to me to help keep them safe at night!
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    18/0
    Mentioned
    30 times
    Time Online
    5d 9h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I know plenty of people who wouldn't want to live in America because of all the guns. I certainly have no interest in going there. I love the freedom of walking around the streets at 2am or 3am and feeling safe, not worrying for my life because nothing much too bad ever really happens here. I feel secure and safe, I don't have a gun, and most other people don't either.

I'm glad I don't have a gun, when I lost my ex, I'm pretty sure I would have used it on the one who took her from me if I had one, that would have done no good too anyone.

Pulling a trigger is easy and impersonal. Slicing a person open, or strangling the life out of someone with your bare hands is much more difficult. Why make it easier to kill?

The worst I have to worry about is a pick-pocket sneaking up behind me, not really dangerous...

Quote Originally Posted by I_royalty_I View Post
    The only reason the Chinese didn't come invade us was because they knew the American people had guns and that scared them. If they know that we no longer have a "peoples army" so to say... what's to stop them next time?
    I'm sorry, I have to disagree with that completely, for several reasons: (and a few related points)
    - China is relatively a very peaceful country, who can you remember China declaring war on?
    - If - though it wouldn't happen - China did decide to invade America and it was down to guns... China would win... China has the population and the armaments to take out the American population rather simple, IF it were down to people and guns. Nukes are the real deterrents to wars in this age.
    - China can, and is slowly buying America. There are arguments that China is corrupt, but at least the Chinese government isn't selling the country off slowly to foreigners. The American government is slowly selling the country off and crippling it's own people.
    - When was the last time America wasn't at war with someone? I can't remember, I've heard it mentioned often in several countries how America is always at war and expanding, placing military bases in other countries all over the world to try and secure military control.
    - The main reason I hear that America is a big terrorist target is that they keep meddling in others affairs, they don't let people be, they go around the world attacking and destabilizing whatever doesn't do what they want or doesn't agree with their way of thinking.
    - China hasn't invaded Australia, a very large, isolated, gun regulated country with a low population who couldn't very well fight back.

Honestly, the country I most fear in the world, is America, most Americans probably don't see that though.

It's the world we live in today.
    I keep reading all this crazy shit that is happening and sometimes it's scary.
    It's just the world we live in today.
    I don't trust enough in our government to protect us, I'd rather be able to sleep comfortably at night knowing that should the worst happen, I will be perfectly fine.

Government officials are all safe and sound with their armed guards and such, but normal citizens don't have such luxuries.
    SO... better safe than sorry.
    I'd say it's more the country you live in than the world you live in. There are many very safe places.

JUST A GAP
    I'd say the argument guns, while probably laughed at, is in case of alien invasion. I know it's unlikely to happen in our life time, but if there are aliens out there and they're anything like us, it would probably be something similar to what we saw in Avatar, but with a less happy ending for the natives.
    If my post helped please send $2,000,000 via PayPal!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    388/3
    Mentioned
    202 times
    Time Online
    55d 20h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    I don't think the government should take away all guns.... Maybe the semi/automatic guns, we have no real use for any any other than a single shot... Plus its in the amendments that we have the right to bare arms

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    24/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    17d 22h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    I'd like the US to adopt gun laws similar to that of Canada.
    And while they're at it, stop glorifying guns and praising them like freaking jesus. I know a lot of Americans don't even REALIZE it, because especially if you grew up in like Alabama? You probably grew up around people who love guns, you probably sang songs about guns in elementary school, you probably APPRECIATE guns. I know this because my boyfriend is in that situation (grew up in southern US, loves guns, also was in the military so loves guns even more)

Living in Canada, guns have never been talked about to me. I didn't know anyone who had a gun growing up. Concealed weapons aren't allowed, because citizens aren't cops.
    I'm not afraid of guns, I've used them at a gun range before, skeet shooting and all that... also some pellet gun shooting for fun, and yeah, it's fun. Having a gun to use for sport or hobby is fun.

Having ONE, SMALL gun, in your house to protect your family is ok.
    IF you have the proper training,
    IF you know how to store your gun with the safety on so your 2 year old can't shoot himself,
    and IF you're not deemed too mentally... retarded... to own a gun.
    Having 4 AKs in your fucking house "to protect yourself" is STUPID. If you say you're PROTECTING yourself with 4 fucking AKs, you're RETARDED. You need ONE gun. You obviously need 4 because you're doing something else with them, you're a collector (in which case you'd have more guns than that), OR you just have a small cock and you're compensating with guns :|
    Having a gun shouldn't be a RIGHT, having a gun should be a PRIVILEDGE. Which you have to EARN by demonstrating in very regulated training, that you're capable and level-headed enough to use one properly.

I think guns should only be available through government(/federal??) owned buildings, similar to a government liquor store (if those exist in the US, idk)
    I saw a news report on how someone was in a GUN STORE, and somehow had a LOADED GUN, and shot his own kid. Bullets and guns shouldn't even touch each other in a gun store.

They can argue and cry about the 2nd ammendment, but for me that's like people crying about the bible. It's an old piece of text, needs updating, and/or to be thrown in the trash.

But, y'know, IMO and all that.

---------- Post added at 12:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 PM ----------

It's the world we live in today.
    I'd like to correct that by saying, it's the America you live in today. :/

I honestly feel bad for Americans, who are so scared of where they're living and the people around them, that they need guns!!
    "All it takes is one crazy person for me to feel my gun was required"... but guns are never required for citizens u_u
    Guns are for hobby sport, for cops, and for military.
    And I do think that the mental evaluations for cops and military should be more strict when they're able to have a gun on them.

Also all this talk about a people's army, but if north korea nukes you guys, then what? Guns didn't protect you then.

I dunno. If anyone disagrees with a home needing only 1 gun "for protection", u cray
    Last edited by moonrash; 02-06-2013 at 03:55 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    369 times
    Time Online
    68d 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    23m

Gun Control.

Quote Originally Posted by moonrash View Post
    I'd like the US to adopt gun laws similar to that of Canada.
    And while they're at it, stop glorifying guns and praising them like freaking jesus. I know a lot of Americans don't even REALIZE it, because especially if you grew up in like Alabama? You probably grew up around people who love guns, you probably sang songs about guns in elementary school, you probably APPRECIATE guns. I know this because my boyfriend is in that situation (grew up in southern US, loves guns, also was in the military so loves guns even more)

Living in Canada, guns have never been talked about to me. I didn't know anyone who had a gun growing up. Concealed weapons aren't allowed, because citizens aren't cops.
    I'm not afraid of guns, I've used them at a gun range before, skeet shooting and all that... also some pellet gun shooting for fun, and yeah, it's fun. Having a gun to use for sport or hobby is fun.

Having ONE, SMALL gun, in your house to protect your family is ok.
    IF you have the proper training,
    IF you know how to store your gun with the safety on so your 2 year old can't shoot himself,
    and IF you're not deemed too mentally... retarded... to own a gun.
    Having 4 AKs in your fucking house "to protect yourself" is STUPID. If you say you're PROTECTING yourself with 4 fucking AKs, you're RETARDED. You need ONE gun. You obviously need 4 because you're doing something else with them, you're a collector (in which case you'd have more guns than that), OR you just have a small cock and you're compensating with guns :|
    Having a gun shouldn't be a RIGHT, having a gun should be a PRIVILEDGE. Which you have to EARN by demonstrating in very regulated training, that you're capable and level-headed enough to use one properly.

I think guns should only be available through government(/federal??) owned buildings, similar to a government liquor store (if those exist in the US, idk)
    I saw a news report on how someone was in a GUN STORE, and somehow had a LOADED GUN, and shot his own kid. Bullets and guns shouldn't even touch each other in a gun store.

They can argue and cry about the 2nd ammendment, but for me that's like people crying about the bible. It's an old piece of text, needs updating, and/or to be thrown in the trash.

But, y'know, IMO and all that.

---------- Post added at 12:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 PM ----------

I'd like to correct that by saying, it's the America you live in today. :/

I honestly feel bad for Americans, who are so scared of where they're living and the people around them, that they need guns!!
    "All it takes is one crazy person for me to feel my gun was required"... but guns are never required for citizens u_u
    Guns are for hobby sport, for cops, and for military.
    And I do think that the mental evaluations for cops and military should be more strict when they're able to have a gun on them.
    'Merica. I can have as many AKs, m4s, m16s, pistols, shotguns, revolvers, and auto rifles as I want. Because I'm not crazy. Some people buy mansions or hookers. I buy guns. Who are you to dictate what an unreasonable amount of firepower is?
    I'm not a collector. But I have more than one small handgun.

Stop trying to control people.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    24/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    17d 22h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Quote Originally Posted by cupcakeninja View Post
    But I have more than one small handgun.
    For what reason? And mansions can't kill someone with a pull of a trigger, I don't care bout no mansions

Who are you to dictate what an unreasonable amount of firepower is?
    Exactly how much firepower is required to kill a man/protect yourself? Rhetorical question, I know the answer.
    Last edited by moonrash; 02-06-2013 at 04:07 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    369 times
    Time Online
    68d 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    23m

Gun Control.

For what reason? And mansions can't kill someone with a pull of a trigger, I don't care bout no mansions
    Because I can!! Why do people need more than one car?? Cars cause accidents that kill people. Why do people need 3 tvs?? Tvs cause people to be lazy and die of obesity. Why do people pay hundreds I dollars for any other hobby that could cost lives? (Skydiving, scuba, rock climbing, extreme sports of any type) should they be outlawed?? No.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    24/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    17d 22h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Because I can!! Why do people need more than one car?? Cars cause accidents that kill people. Why do people need 3 tvs?? Tvs cause people to be lazy and die of obesity. Why do people pay hundreds I dollars for any other hobby that could cost lives? (Skydiving, scuba, rock climbing, extreme sports of any type) should they be outlawed?? No.
    Guns were CREATED to KILL. Cars were created to transport, tvs were created to entertain.
    Skydiving, scuba diving, rock climbing, ETC ETC ETC, are ONLY a danger to the person DOING it. Guns CAN be a danger to ANYONE around the gun.

rly bad logic imo

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    369 times
    Time Online
    68d 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    23m

Gun Control.

Guns were CREATED to KILL. Cars were created to transport, tvs were created to entertain.
    Skydiving, scuba diving, rock climbing, ETC ETC ETC, are ONLY a danger to the person DOING it. Guns CAN be a danger to ANYONE around the gun.

rly bad logic imo
    Guns are not a danger to anyone unless the person using it has intent to harm or lacks the knowledge to handle it. Stupidity and crazy are two great reasons to have one. Chicago banned guns. It has the highest gun crime rate in America.

Legal gun ownership with responsible people does not create a danger zone. I grew up in a house full of guns in a gun-slinging state. My guns have never killed anyone. Just some animals and targets at practice.
    Stop blaming the good guys for the mistakes of the bad ones. It's absolutely infuriating to hear this same stupid argument constantly. Not all of us are crazy, not all of us are evil. But we have a healthy respect for weapons. It might have the capability to kill but it is an amazing piece of work in ingenuity and craftsmanship that I enjoy playing with.