Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Increase restrictions.

23 57.50%
  • Decrease restrictions.

5 12.50%
  • Maintain current restrictions.

8 20.00%
  • Who gives a fuck, it's not my problem.

3 7.50%
  • other

1 2.50%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun Control.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    36/0
    Mentioned
    20 times
    Time Online
    3d 3h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    1m

Gun Control.

Should the U.S. increase measures that restrict who can acquire a gun?
    Related issues to the recent tragedies, like mental health evaluation, are a good focus too.
    I'll leave my opinion out of the first post.
    gr8

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    16/0
    Mentioned
    467 times
    Time Online
    29d 9h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Um, the US is currently in the middle of raiding homes and TAKING our weapons. So....I guess 'control' has a brand new meaning.

PROTECT YOURSELVES.
    Last edited by Toasted; 01-28-2013 at 10:27 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Toasted For This Useful Post:

awe (02-08-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    61 times
    Time Online
    8d 21h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Patriot Act pretty much sums up this nation

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    36/0
    Mentioned
    20 times
    Time Online
    3d 3h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    That video sounds rather alarmist IMO. Citing a 1961 document with reliance on U.N. troops seems pretty ... strange though.
    And the UN Peace force is entirely useless.

Honestly, I can see the rationale for disarmament in the wake of the disaster, but the story is worrisome.
    gr8

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    435d 9h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    I don't think the current changes being proposed are going to be effective at all.
    There are a few surveys out there that show that when governments have stricter gun control laws, there is actually MORE violence. And the way they have the law laid out, it will not apply to law enforcement (obviously), or government officials. They put through all these laws, then exempt themselves from them. This is the same situation as "obamacare". They think it's this amazing deal that will help everyone, yet a bunch of reps and congressman have "opted out" of it. Such bullshit.

It's pretty low how Obama signed the executive orders surrounded by children and families of the sandy hook shooting. So that one incident was enough for them to think a major reform was in order? They should instead start paying attention to the "crazy" people out there... and keep guns out of their hands.

The guns are not the problem, the people are the problem.
    I'd love to see the government come and TAKE my guns from me... good luck
    All we have been doing is buying more, stocking up on ammo, high capacity clips.. and a few other things!

The first thing you must do if you want to control your people is take away their right to defend themselves.
    Obama has done that. There has also been legislation put forward to get rid of the 2 term limit by a democrat a few weeks ago.
    The only reason the Chinese didn't come invade us was because they knew the American people had guns and that scared them. If they know that we no longer have a "peoples army" so to say... what's to stop them next time?

I say keep things how they are... focus attention on more pressing matters such as the economy.
    I'm tired of all the stupid little shit making huge headlines, while I'm paying 20% more for gas today than I was last week.
    /rant.
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

awe (02-08-2013),coolasta (05-08-2013),Demetri (02-02-2013),Glaze (05-05-2013),Lilac Tentacles (02-02-2013),Sci_Girl (02-02-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    369 times
    Time Online
    68d 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    23m

Gun Control.

I'll keep it simple...
    You can have my gun, when you pry it from my cold, dead fingers.

(That's men in black for you lame-o's)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Lilac Tentacles For This Useful Post:

I_royalty_I (02-02-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    315 times
    Time Online
    49d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    The guns are not the problem, the people are the problem.
    I'd love to see the government come and TAKE my guns from me... good luck
    All we have been doing is buying more, stocking up on ammo, high capacity clips.. and a few other things!
    In gun control debates statements like this are my favorite. "From my cold, dead hands" response like a patriot of the American people. Good for you having that passion. Now just figure out a way to beat a heavily suited up cop, or the Army personnel that will "come for you". What will you do? I am genuinely curious. Words are great and all but yelling or smirking at the Government can only do so much. Being naive to guns in general (I am a passive Canadian) the first thing I think when someone mentions this is hiding behind a desk waiting for them to open the door then shooting. Or someone adopting a video game or TV mentality of sneaking around the house peaking around corners waiting for the first shot. After that throwing some verbal and physical assaults at officers which would then land a person them face first to the ground and in cuffs. The other thing that pops into my mind is the Government already flagging a person as a possible "threat" when they come to remove guns and they simply throw a flash grenade into a room knowing they could be in for a gun fight. How does one fight that off? Extreme example there I know lol but so is the Government storming all homes to collect guns. I tend to believe the average Joe has no chance against officials coming for guns if it came to that, no matter how much pride or gusto one has for the 2nd hiding in the house or making their own bunker or waiting in the bushes to ambush I do believe that individual will lose every single time. I do commend one for having that sort of passion though, I am not sure I have anything such as the magnitude of 2nd amendment that I would be willing to die for. Maybe I do have something and I am just not aware of it because it is not being attacked.

As for thoughts on gun control itself I do not think it should be tightened to the point of being highly restricted but I also do not think everyone should have access to a gun. I am 100% in agreeance that people are the problem, a gun does not fire unless someone pulls the trigger. There needs to be some sort of system that still allows people to obtain a weapon but not be some nutcase on the brink of a psychotic episode. Maybe that means more comprehensive background checks, maybe disallowing certain individuals from having a gun in the first place such as someone diagnosed with a certain mental illness or major threat to society. I do not know what the sort of restriction would have to be. Not allowing guns in general would just cause anger, and people with guns fueled by anger is not going to go over well. I do believe though that if there are to be a lot of guns around that people be responsible with them, maybe a mandatory gun safety and proper handling course every few years should occur. I know a lot of gun holders are trigger happy or itching to find a reason to shoot, but I also know that there are many responsible gun owners who are punished and made to look like a trigger happy nutcase simply because of those bad apples. The gun control debate is a messy one, no matter what happens one side will be upset about the issue.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Sci_Girl For This Useful Post:

I_royalty_I (02-02-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    32/0
    Mentioned
    222 times
    Time Online
    57d 11h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    This is even a stupid question, no offense.

Yes, USA has to increase the requeriments.

Andrew, you said something very assertive, but I'm also against some of what you said.
    "The guns are not the problem, the people are the problem."

In fact yeah, guns aren't the problem. The people is the problem.

The problem here is, weapons are going to people that CAN'T control them. It would be nice if people just had them to keep their safety, but no. They're using it to make violence, to kill childrens, to kill OTHER AMERICANS. What the fuck is wrong with you? Why you'd kill your brothers? They're people from your country, why you'd kill them? Where is your patriotism? That's not nice at all. That's called terrorism.

Everyday I watch the news at TV I hear "Another gunfire at the USA". I thought my country had a violent title with so many drugs and carteles, but honestly I don't think it deserves that title anymore. At least here we can't access to the weapons that easy, and around 70-80% of the people who has a gun, they bought it on the USA. And mexicans don't actually kill other mexicans without reason. We aren't that crazy psychologically.

Andrew, your "chinese" point is invalid. As I said, we don't have guns at Mexico. And being a disarmed population won't make USA, China or another country invade us.

There are another times. There are pacific times.

Your problem is an inside problem that comes from the bottom. If USA keeps making violence on another countries, there will eventually violence inside the country. Because USA is a violent country in every single aspect. Iran? Irak? Those unneeded wars freak out the minds on your town. Your childrens will grow knowing that killing others with an excuse is alright. And eventually those childrens will kill other americans, because it's alright.

Also videogames... 6/10 games are gun-related. USA has one of the biggest game market and players. This bring us to my previous point. Killing others is alright.

---------- Post added at 12:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sci_Girl View Post
    In gun control debates statements like this are my favorite. "From my cold, dead hands" response like a patriot of the American people. Good for you having that passion. Now just figure out a way to beat a heavily suited up cop, or the Army personnel that will "come for you". What will you do? I am genuinely curious. Words are great and all but yelling or smirking at the Government can only do so much. Being naive to guns in general (I am a passive Canadian) the first thing I think when someone mentions this is hiding behind a desk waiting for them to open the door then shooting. Or someone adopting a video game or TV mentality of sneaking around the house peaking around corners waiting for the first shot. After that throwing some verbal and physical assaults at officers which would then land a person them face first to the ground and in cuffs. The other thing that pops into my mind is the Government already flagging a person as a possible "threat" when they come to remove guns and they simply throw a flash grenade into a room knowing they could be in for a gun fight. How does one fight that off? Extreme example there I know lol but so is the Government storming all homes to collect guns. I tend to believe the average Joe has no chance against officials coming for guns if it came to that, no matter how much pride or gusto one has for the 2nd hiding in the house or making their own bunker or waiting in the bushes to ambush I do believe that individual will lose every single time. I do commend one for having that sort of passion though, I am not sure I have anything such as the magnitude of 2nd amendment that I would be willing to die for. Maybe I do have something and I am just not aware of it because it is not being attacked.

As for thoughts on gun control itself I do not think it should be tightened to the point of being highly restricted but I also do not think everyone should have access to a gun. I am 100% in agreeance that people are the problem, a gun does not fire unless someone pulls the trigger. There needs to be some sort of system that still allows people to obtain a weapon but not be some nutcase on the brink of a psychotic episode. Maybe that means more comprehensive background checks, maybe disallowing certain individuals from having a gun in the first place such as someone diagnosed with a certain mental illness or major threat to society. I do not know what the sort of restriction would have to be. Not allowing guns in general would just cause anger, and people with guns fueled by anger is not going to go over well. I do believe though that if there are to be a lot of guns around that people be responsible with them, maybe a mandatory gun safety and proper handling course every few years should occur. I know a lot of gun holders are trigger happy or itching to find a reason to shoot, but I also know that there are many responsible gun owners who are punished and made to look like a trigger happy nutcase simply because of those bad apples. The gun control debate is a messy one, no matter what happens one side will be upset about the issue.
    Maybe adding a psychological exam to all the nuclear family.
    Because we've seen people shooting with a gun that isn't of their own.
    Selling Almost Any NC item!

Selling Balthazars Bag of Bottled Faeries - $150

Selling SEVERAL EPIC Main Accounts and Robotification Zappermajigs!!

Custom NeoPoint Orders? PM me!
    Selling Shells, $2 each :3

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    435d 9h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Honestly, the day the "government" starts storming houses and taking guns by brute force is the day that America dies.
    There shouldn't be a need for that. If that ever happened, I'd just move down to Texas and stay there for a bit!
    I have even read about people getting together and making essentially a huge fortress where they will follow the path their "forefathers laid out for them"(something along those lines). I'll have to find the article, it was an interesting read, but I think THAT is a little overboard. I'm not some crazy gun enthusiast nut job, I just simply think the government is overstepping their boundaries with this push. As a matter of fact, things have just kept piling up and piling up the last four years, and this is just the tipping point really. These next four years will definitely be interesting, considering they had already talked about impeachment for Obama.

The issue about having stricter background checks is also a tricky one.
    You might have some issues that you are dealing with, for whatever reasons. It could just be from violence you have been a part of (war), or seen, or heard about, etc etc. And then the moment you mention how mad, or angry, or how much you wish you could do something to somebody, you are flagged and not able to buy/own a gun. How are we to distinguish normal people who are just down on their luck, or genuinely need help and can get better, from people who are literally crazy? It would be very difficult to do so! I think they should just leave things how they are, it's not really a HUGE issue. If you break bad on gun control, then the people who have them for defense will be defenseless. But the people who have or will have intentions of doing harm to others with a gun will still be able to get a hold of one. If they think that restricting people will do anything, they couldn't be more wrong. If you want a gun badly enough, you will be able to get one. There is no question in my mind about that.
    They were talking about arming all the guards at schools... but then what if a guard goes crazy and loses it and opens fire? Then you are stuck in the same situation. Guns don't belong anywhere near a school. I think metal detectors and/or the item scanners like they have at airports would be fine. That would be quite a hassle when compared to what is in place in most schools now. But it would definitely deter people from bringing anything they shouldnt.
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

14. The Following User Says Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

coolasta (05-08-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    369 times
    Time Online
    68d 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    23m

Gun Control.

@(you need an account to see links)

I'm am the army sweetheart!!! I run a platoon and train people to use those things. They can't give us guns and tell us we can't have them at home. I do what I want.

(you need an account to see links)

@(you need an account to see links)
    The reason you see so much violence in America is because our media is liberal and sucks the cock of the liberals and is extremely biased. What you don't get to read about is how many fucking people are still alive because they had guns to defend themselves. So take our media with a grain (boulder) of salt. They're full of lies and bullshit.
    Last edited by Lilac Tentacles; 02-02-2013 at 02:05 AM.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lilac Tentacles For This Useful Post:

coolasta (05-08-2013),Toasted (02-02-2013)