DL/UL
    41/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    1d 6h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    i agree with food stamps, they are a necessity, but as pointed out they are way too abused and taken advantage of. they are definately a good thing tho. they helped me and my hubby out when we first started dating. when we first started we both had jobs, but ended up losing them both out of work at the same time. the only way we made it was borrowing from friends/ family and selling timber. and living off of ramen noodles!! we decided to go to get food stamps to help us out finally, and what a blessing!! we were expedited and within an hour of going to the social services we had received a foodstamp card with $400 cash that was going to replenish itself every month. then they like to screw w/ you. soon as hubby got a job, starting at 8 50 an hour, they decided he was makin good money now and we got cut back down to $75 a month. they do it in a messed up way. they do it by before taxes, NOT after taxes are taken out. once he started gettin raises there we lost it all together. it's like u hafta be flat broke in order to get em here. (Now we are ok. ).

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    23 times
    Time Online
    3d 4h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    So the main one I want to respond to:

1. Do you think that people who are receiving food stamp should be required to go through drug screening process (Drug Test)?

100% absolutely yes. I don't even understand why this is controversial. Many people who have paid jobs need to take drug tests. If you are getting handouts from the government, I don't see why you shouldn't also have to take drug tests. I feel like this would also help cut the amount of abuse of the system - you would have more honest folk who can't find a job and less druggies who are spending all their money on illegal substances and then using food stamps for necessities.